Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 98 of 339 <123 ... 979899 ... 337338339>
Print this entire topic · 
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Embarassed I'm going the other way....FL2 to D3 to D4...I must be mad Laughing , but hey ho, you can't take it with you so enjoy it whilst you've got it I say Laughing

Welcome to the mad house one & all Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #95940 21st Mar 2011 6:43 pm
cozybug

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

You are a brave man Dave......and ,no i wont say it. best of luck with the new Disc 4

regards What if the Hokey Kokey IS what its all about?

Post #95991 21st Mar 2011 11:44 pm
cozybug

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

By the way love your little pic Very Happy What if the Hokey Kokey IS what its all about?

Post #95992 21st Mar 2011 11:47 pm
Dave

Thanks, I convinced the wife it was for a worthy cause Very Happy ______________________
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #96065 22nd Mar 2011 2:44 pm
nap1

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Just saying hello

Hello

Just recently picked up an FL2 HSE 2007, previously had a FL1 for about 8 months which was one of the biggest mistakes of my life as the car was awful. Engine probs, elec probs etc etc etc.

Anyway, I am loving the new motor and will hopefully be of some use on these forums.

Neil

Post #96199 23rd Mar 2011 2:35 pm
Dave

Re: Just saying hello

nap1 wrote:
Engine probs, elec probs etc etc etc

And what makes you think that buying an FL2 will solve those problems Question Question Whistle

Only kidding, welcome to the mad house Thumbs Up ______________________
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #96201 23rd Mar 2011 2:56 pm
nap1

That thought has occured to me on many many occassions so watch this space!!!!!!

I do know the history of the car and its been pretty reliable (touch wood) and the power steering problem was recently resolved under warranty so I am sort of hoping thats it.

Famous last words - please expect a post in the next week asking for advice on catastrophic engine failure

Post #96202 23rd Mar 2011 3:07 pm
Fuzzkaz

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Firenze Red

Hello everyone, I have lurked for long enough and hopefully i will soon join your ranks.

Ordered an SD4 Sport LE in Firenze Red, well somebody had to, and because black or white are a pain to keep clean.

It should have been at the dealer first week in March then last week, then Monday, then yesterday so perhaps by the end of April if i'm lucky. I am told it is now built and "out there somewhere". hope it's worth the wait as it is my first toe in the 4X4 market, and a long way from the hot hatches I am used to, but I am now at an age when comfort and a useful boot space are higher on my list then sub 7 second 0-60's.

Was originally looking at a TD4 XS manual, but on my second test drive, (to see if it would fit in the drive) they gave me an SD4 and suddenly the auto box made sense, the sport LE seemed to make sense cost wise so I took the plunge.

Hopefully the frustration over the delivery will melt away once I get behind the wheel, and I am looking forward to years of happy trouble free ownership, as they say "why buy a car when you can have a Land Rover" now where did I put my rose tinted glasses.

Post #96322 24th Mar 2011 12:06 pm
SD4Cat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Thumbs Up
Hi There & welcome

You won't be disappointed by the power of the SD4 I am sure.

You can use the power in the SD4 when you need it & surprise a few hot hatch drivers on slip roads while they struggle to keep up...

ENjoy your new toy when you finally get it... What do I know....I'm only an Essex girl

Post #96326 24th Mar 2011 12:20 pm
nap1

I was also from the hot hatch line and even had a VX220 for 3 years as my only car which would probably fit in the boot of the Freelander.

Hi spec,the ability to carry a ladder on the roof, a towbar is the future.....I am getting to sound like my Dad!!!!!!!

Post #96328 24th Mar 2011 12:28 pm
Fuzzkaz

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Firenze Red

Hope to ride the wave of torque, rather than spending my whole life cog swapping to keep it on the boil, i have enough of that on the bike.

just got to wait for the phone call now.

Post #96329 24th Mar 2011 12:31 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Fuzzkaz wrote:
Hope to ride the wave of torque, rather than spending my whole life cog swapping to keep it on the boil, i have enough of that on the bike.

just got to wait for the phone call now.

Welcome Fuzzkaz. You have made a wise decision. I am only 27 and owned a hotish hatch two cars prior to my FL2 in the form of a Fiesta ST. I do not regret buying the FL2 though.

I had an FL1 for about 6 months before this and I was disappointed by the quality and the lack of power. Your SD4 is more powerful still but I find the TD4 is ample for me and plenty quick enough.

I have driven my FL2 down flooded roads with ease whilst other cars turned around. It is also unstoppable in the snow. My car was fitted from new last April with Goodyear Wrangler all weather tyres and they never put a foot wrong in the snow.

Check out my gallery for some pics and also follow these links for some of the snow pics from December. Not a problem for the FL2: http://www.freel2.com/forum/post82745.html#82745 http://www.freel2.com/forum/post82946.html#82946 LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #96405 24th Mar 2011 9:44 pm
realspeed

United Kingdom 

Hi all

Getting my Freelander2 GSe 2010 manual on Monday 28 March. It only has 7000 miles on the clock and it is exactly 1 year old. Had a series 3 land rover and a 1996 Range Rover before so not unfamiliar with the mark although the Range Rover had some serious electrical faults, but thats another story.

Why now go for the car above? well I have a Kia Sorento 2007 which is 4 years old with only 23000 on the clock but if I keep it for another year I could loose about £4000 in depreciation,so Monday is the big car changeover day.

Previous 4x4's include 2 x Toyota landcruisers VX-2 x Lexus RX300 -Isuzu Citation- Ford Explorer- Toyota 4 Runner- Honda CR-V and that is not mentioning many "ordinary " cars.

Realspeed

Post #96548 26th Mar 2011 12:13 pm
The Coachman

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Hi All
Have just taken on one of my companys ex lease Freelander 2's - I already have a D3. I have maintained the car from new, 3 years old on Monday and 40K. Has needed absolutly nothing from new, only routine servicing, a set of new tyres at 30K and a set of barake pads just prior to its 1st MOT last week, hence the reason why I thought it would be a good buy (and hopefully more reliable than my D3 as well!) Look forward to extracting tips and advice in the coming months.
Graham

Post #96688 27th Mar 2011 10:01 pm
SamYPKP

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Hi All,

Should be picking up our new SD4 GS in white tomorrow from Beadles Sidcup.. Very exciting.

This will be our first Land Rover, and hopefully will be a good experience.

We got our current car, Vauxhall Antara SE Auto a few years ago to accommodate two new recent additions to the family, and while it looks okay and at the trim had all the bells and whistles - it did have some issues.. Mostly averaging 22mpg; panels being a magnet to car park dings and even though it was really well specced (leather, satnav, xenons, TPMS etc..) they missed a lot of small touches - like not auto locking or auto folding mirrors.

Were losing some convienience features with the GS FL2, but overall, the car felt nicer during test drive, and hopefully being a Landy will prove its worth in the future.

Love the fact that theres such a lot of experience and this forum dedicated to the FL2 - I've spent pretty much the whole weekend reading posts and picking up useful tips even before we get behind the wheel!

So, if anyone see's a white FL2 in the Dartford area with two car seats in the back feel free to give us a wave Smile

---

DOH Sorry for double post.. Im sure the computer said no the first time.

Post #96727 28th Mar 2011 11:48 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 98 of 339 <123 ... 979899 ... 337338339>