Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 99 of 339 <123 ... 9899100 ... 337338339>
Print this entire topic · 
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Hello!

I have a Freelander 2 XS (manual, Kosrae Green, beige leather, dark glass) on order for delivery at the end of June. This is my first Land Rover and replaces a Volvo V70 (I've just worked out that I'll have done 235,000 miles in V70's since my first one in 2003!).

It all started when we went out on the Land Rover Experience demonstration course at Gaydon a few months ago and were absolutely amazed by it; I'd never even thought of having a Land Rover before. We hadn't even gone with the intention of visiting the course, we only went to the Gaydon Museum as part of an unrelated motor club event. We were so impressed that when an invite to a day's test drive dropped through our door, complete with an offer of a free half day's training at the Honiton Land Rover Experience Centre, we just had to give it a go Thumbs Up

This site is exactly what I've been looking for after having given one of the established Land Rover sites a fair try and come up against more than a little prejudice... Rolling Eyes

John.

Last edited by Tigger on 3rd Sep 2011 6:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #96992 30th Mar 2011 6:29 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

no prejudice here, unless to tow a caravan Whistle , have the wrong colour car, or a the wrong gearbox, side steps, or interior trim Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #96997 30th Mar 2011 7:58 am
ad210358

England 

No mention of the Ear Ring indicater repeaters, are they ok now.

Welcome Tigger, there was a thread on here a few months ago about the "Prejudices" on other forums, I have had a quick look but cannot find it at the moment. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #97012 30th Mar 2011 2:26 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

ad210358 wrote:
Welcome Tigger, there was a thread on here a few months ago about the "Prejudices" on other forums, I have had a quick look but cannot find it at the moment.

Thanks.

I was getting downhearted about it, to be honest. I'm glad I'm out of it.

Post #97022 30th Mar 2011 3:46 pm
EYorkshire

Hi there Tigger, welcome Thumbs Up
Cornish myself, born in St. Dennis, slap bang in the middle of the county. Nice county to live but no work down there. Sad

Post #97025 30th Mar 2011 3:53 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

EYorkshire wrote:
Hi there Tigger, welcome Thumbs Up
Cornish myself, born in St. Dennis, slap bang in the middle of the county. Nice county to live but no work down there. Sad

Hi EYorkshire.

I know St Dennis! Not born and bred here, but lived here for 18 years now and love it Thumbs Up Living just outside Liskeard.

Tigger.

Post #97027 30th Mar 2011 4:03 pm
EYorkshire

Know it and the area well mate, been up here 25 years now but visit my daughters in St. Austell and Newquay 3-4 times a year, love it going home. Thumbs Up

Hope you enjoy your time on the Forum. Smile

Last edited by EYorkshire on 30th Mar 2011 4:22 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #97030 30th Mar 2011 4:06 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

EY - So as some people do a 'booze run', do you do a 'Pasty' run Laughing (If you do, get me some on your next holiday I love 'em Thumbs Up )

Hi Tigger - welcome.

Post #97032 30th Mar 2011 4:14 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

EYorkshire wrote:
Know it and the area well mate, been up here 25 years now but visit my daughters in St. Austell and Newquay 3-4 times a year, love it going home. Thumbs Up

Hope you enjoy your time on the Forum. Smile

Thanks!

Post #97033 30th Mar 2011 4:18 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

mcphersonstrut wrote:
EY - So as some people do a 'booze run', do you do a 'Pasty' run Laughing (If you do, get me some on your next holiday I love 'em Thumbs Up )

Hi Tigger - welcome.

We've been used to organising "Oggy" Runs for my old car club. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oggy)

Thanks for the welcome Very Happy

Post #97034 30th Mar 2011 4:20 pm
EYorkshire

mcphersonstrut wrote:

I never miss an 'oggy' run, I always return with 20 large steak pasties and 10 veggie ones for my wife, my daughter orders them and I pick them up straight out the oven on the day of return and the smell stays with me for 340 miles of traveling. Wink Then it's into the freezer for instant meal times when we're lazy.

Post #97071 30th Mar 2011 7:36 pm
bluebirds

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

Hi all Thumbs Up

Just joined this forum after placing my order for my first Land Rover which is due next week.

Can't wait Mr. Green

Post #98890 16th Apr 2011 2:24 am
npm910

Malta 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver

Hi, just signed up to the forum, great site and as a fellow forum administrator I would like to thank Martin and the team who look after Freel2.com well done guys, and of course the regular members who help out newbies like me!

I'm eagerly waiting pick up of my MY2011 TD4 S Manual in around a week's time. Living in Malta so got the car in Zermatt Silver to try and counter the 47C outside temperatures we get in summer here!!

Plus, had to go with what they had in stock here as otherwise it was going to be a 4 month wait and I would miss out on being able to tow the boat this summer, but my S model was ordered with: Auto Climate with Filtration, Side Body Mouldings, Rear Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, so a few extras that the GS has here.

Was very disappointed that I couldn't have privacy glass as it really does change the look of the FL2, but might perhaps consider a tint on the rear if I can find a good chap locally.

Also ordered the Swan Neck Towbar and Electrics as that was the whole point of the vehicle in the first place, and I'm just trying not to think about the cost which is staggering!

Have some sympathy for us FL2 owners out in Malta, we pay an extra £10,500 over the cost of a similar brand new model in the UK due to our 'First Registration Rip Off Tax', VAT and delivery charges to our small island!

Cost aside, I can't wait Smile

Post #98893 16th Apr 2011 6:46 am
EYorkshire

Hi there and welcome, don't forget to post some pics when it arrives, and the boat Smile My first 4 wheel drive experience was in Malta, a hired Suzuki SJ410 and it made some strange noises as we drove down the dirt track to "Popeye's" village, I believe it was completely knackered.

Post #99037 18th Apr 2011 10:03 am
Davy Freelander

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Hi Ive just joined the site as Ive recently bought a '57 Freelander 2 GS, and just to say its a fantastic site for advice and technical help. Also great to hear that most of the niggles I have with my car are pretty common with all Freelander 2s.

It was a nervous purchase having graduated from a petrol powered Freelander 1, which must be the worst way to begin Landrover ownership, but im so glad I persevered as the freelander 2 is a great car.

Thanks for all the help so far - long may you continue!

Cheers

Dave

Post #99716 23rd Apr 2011 10:53 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 99 of 339 <123 ... 9899100 ... 337338339>