« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Nav system info needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 12 <123 456 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
tuwana

Turkey 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Thank you for your answers,
Yes I made a mistake, file name is not navione exe.,is navi.exe your right.
There are two similar files in sd card, one of them is NAVIONE and it contains navi.exe,the other is polnavR5_UK1.(Registry files is only in the NAVİONE folder,and the maps (Belongs to UK) is in two of them.
I tried to load polnav/cracked,registry bla bla .Last night it is working but two or three times later ,it gives a error code Which in chinese about navi.exe and locked,I try to restart but it is failed.I try allthis with a copy SD card.I'm afraid of brokeking down the original one.

My computers has got a multi card reader and sd card reader name:( GSmile,how can I get your command text file now?

Your chineese seller send me a message ,I forward you.
Hi Sir,

How are you?
It is so nice to get your mail.Thank you for your message. But
could you pls let me know the contact info of Ebay ?
Our password for BT is 8888.
As to Turkey map, we are afraid we can not supply it for you.
Pls understand that our map supplier's MOQ is no smaller than
200pcs. But can you contact the local office of Sygic or [b]IGO?
These maps can work on ourunit.

Best Regards & Thanks,

Ann Zeng
[/b]

Post #60076 18th Feb 2010 9:02 am
alex_pescaru

tuwana wrote:
My computers has got a multi card reader and sd card reader name:( GSmile,how can I get your command text file now?

If your SDCARD reader name is G:, then the command line will be:

dir /s g:\*.* >c:\result.txt

I've uploaded for you the Sygic navi program, with Worldmap and Turkey map.
I've posted the links on a PM to you, to avoid copyright issues. Wink
Instructions:
Extract the content of the rar archive in the root of a blank SD card.
You will see that all is configured to work on your system - folder is Navione, name is Navi.exe
Insert the card on your unit and when it will start, select manual registering when asked.
Copy the code generated by the navi program form unit's screen.
Launch _on_your_PC_ the "sygic_kg.exe" program and enter the code above on the ID field and click Calc.
Copy the code from All Europe Map field and enter it on the navi program, on your car unit.
That's all.

Last edited by alex_pescaru on 18th Feb 2010 5:20 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #60141 18th Feb 2010 5:06 pm
tuwana

WoW, Very Happy
This news is the best one that I ever heard last one week,thank you alex ,I call you after I tried..
Thanks alot.. Surprised

I tried to load new program today,first of all it is was working,I activate the maps ,change the languages etc. but when I need to restart ,an error occured.The unit gives same error 'SD card access denied',I format the card and reload the program but every time it occurs again.
When I started the original card and orijinal old (polnav) program before ,the program give me a message 'Write protection detected',I think the unıt has got some protection,what can I do?İt didn't allow toload a new program on Sd card.How can I crack the unıt's protection,Idon't know.Every day I face to another problem with it,I am becoming icey to it. Big Cry

Rolling Eyes I have an idea: I tried to load sd car every time front port.İf I use the exact prot on the top of the unıt does it work? Am I making a mistake for try to loading from front pot?
I try this one,there is still new hopes Wink

Post #60221 19th Feb 2010 9:01 am
vibecy

Cyprus 

Guys,

Just to add up to the thread - I have the sample GPS unit from Ann Zeng (still waiting for my car delivery!) and unfortunately I don't have access to power yet to try any software - BUT - I have downloaded an IGO MIPS version 8.3.2.something and will give it a go as soon as the unit is installed. If anyone would like to have a go beforehand, please let me know.

On a different note - directed to alex - how did you manage to power up the unit on a workbench? Is it something I can achieve at home using a transformer of some sorts?

Also, what connections need to be made to have AVI playback whilst driving (do I have to null terminate the handbrake cable, or connect it normally)? How did you do it? I want playback to be continuous, no matter if the handbrake is enabled or not. Same goes with GPS navigation.

Regards,
vibecy

Post #60264 19th Feb 2010 2:24 pm
alex_pescaru

tuwana wrote:
The unit gives same error 'SD card access denied', 'Write protection detected'

For any chance, when you slide in the card, the LOCK switch of the SD card became activated?
Because the LOCK switch is activated when you slide it toward the back of the card and maybe it hangs on the edge of the slot when you insert it.

Quote:
İf I use the exact prot on the top of the unıt does it work? Am I making a mistake for try to loading from front pot?

It is the same... Just like you will have 2 drives.
I also am using front slot and all is OK.

Post #60348 19th Feb 2010 8:18 pm
alex_pescaru

vibecy wrote:
I have downloaded an IGO MIPS version 8.3.2.something and will give it a go as soon as the unit is installed. If anyone would like to have a go beforehand, please let me know.

I've tried it and doesn't work. It starts but imediatelly it bails out and locks the unit. You must hard-reset it to work again... Maybe you will have much luck than me...

vibecy wrote:
On a different note - directed to alex - how did you manage to power up the unit on a workbench? Is it something I can achieve at home using a transformer of some sorts?

If you have a reliable 12V power source, you can power it up on the workbench. I did it on mine, to see what programs will work, before installing it on the car.
Just connect GND/Earth to pin 8 of the power connector, and +12V to both pin 1 and pin 14 of the same connector.

The handbrake connection is usefull because when you release the handbrake the navigation software is automatically started and video playback is disabled. If you want continuous playback, you will have to connect the handbrake wire permanently to Earth/GND, but then the navi software will have to be launched manualy by clicking on its icon on screen.

Post #60358 19th Feb 2010 8:27 pm
tuwana

Thanks alex,
I checked all of them,but perhaps your map Which you sent me is incorrect, because sometimes system is working but the map doesn't appear,Gps map show only east and south degrees,but we are in the north hemisphere?There is even any map view at the unıt,but the program works perfect,speaks well,record all my settings. But no GPS data and navigation.I didn't understand if the map and version of the program inappropriate ?What is the mlm. file?İs there any Turkey map with you ?

Thanks.

Post #60557 20th Feb 2010 12:18 pm
alex_pescaru

I've put in the archive the Turkey map. It must be in Maps folder a folder named TUR with a TUR.PAK inside (about 40MB).

If you go to Settings - GPS section, is there a corect/valid GPS position?
Meaning a valid Latitude, Longitude and Altitude? And position error less than 10-15 meters?
If not, wait a while, because first time when an GPS unit is initialized, it could take even 30 minutes (based on the reception parameters) until all ephemeridis are loaded into the unit from satelites. Then it will take a much less time.
Mine took almost 15 minutes first time and then it takes about 10-20 seconds.
Then go to main screen or Browse map section and select "Use current position" option.

Post #60559 20th Feb 2010 12:54 pm
tuwana

alex_pescaru wrote:
If you go to Settings - GPS section, is there a corect/valid GPS position?
Meaning a valid Latitude, Longitude and Altitude? And position error less than 10-15 meters?
If not, wait a while, because first time when an GPS unit is initialized, it could take even 30 minutes (based on the reception parameters) until all ephemeridis are loaded into the unit from satelites. Then it will take a much less time.
Mine took almost 15 minutes first time and then it takes about 10-20 seconds.
Then go to main screen or Browse map section and select "Use current position" option.

I didn't wait 30 minutes but I begun to think ,I brokedown the Censored chineees unıt,but I will try again..

Post #60562 20th Feb 2010 1:04 pm
alex_pescaru

tuwana wrote:
I didn't wait 30 minutes but I begun to think ,I brokedown the Censored chineees unıt,but I will try again..

There is no need to wait 30 minutes. Laughing
Just until a valid GPS position is reached, by displaying a valid latitude, longitude and altitude and a precision/accuracy of less than 15 meters. And at least 4 valid satelites - green colored.
Just like in the picture below:

Post #60583 20th Feb 2010 4:27 pm
vibecy

Cyprus 

alex_pescaru wrote:
The handbrake connection is usefull because when you release the handbrake the navigation software is automatically started and video playback is disabled. If you want continuous playback, you will have to connect the handbrake wire permanently to Earth/GND, but then the navi software will have to be launched manualy by clicking on its icon on screen.

alex,

Do you mind elaborating a bit more on this part? The official LR Dealer will be installing the unit and I need to give them more specific instructions. Do you mean connect the handbrake wire on the UNIT to Earth/GND? Where exactly should it be grounded? (I have no clue as far as electronics go!)
It will be much more useful to me to be able to choose what I see on my unit screen (divx or sygic, depending on the situation).

Also, I have bought a 32GB usb stick for video/audio for this unit..Do you reckon it will support it under NTFS filesystem to overcome the 4GB limitations? Have you faced any other limitations?

Thanks a lot for the very useful feedback up to now!! I am eagerly waiting for my unit to be up and running too!

Post #60742 21st Feb 2010 9:00 pm
Dropbear

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Zermatt Silver

I also have one of these units from Ann Zeng although it is currently uninstalled as I had a vibration from the dash that I needed to sort out. THANKS to Alax I had it working although it didn’t hold the locations I tried to save which was possible due to the fact I didn’t have the handbrake cable connection fitted.
I am about to reinstall the unit and wanted to fit a reversing camera. I paid for the original camera and received the cable but not the camera and had no joy getting a replacement from Ann Zeng.
Has anyone fitted the camera? What format camera do I need to buy NTSC or PAL??
Wink

Post #60778 21st Feb 2010 10:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alex_pescaru

vibecy wrote:
Do you mind elaborating a bit more on this part?

Here is the documentation that I've got from the manufacturer:
https://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/user..._guide.pdf

vibecy wrote:
Do you mean connect the handbrake wire on the UNIT to Earth/GND? Where exactly should it be grounded? (I have no clue as far as electronics go!)

No, I mean if you want normal unit function, then connect unit's handbrake cable to car's handbrake cable.
As a workaround, connect unit's handbrake cable directly to earth/gnd. A GND point could be even the GND connection of the power cable. Read below.

vibecy wrote:
It will be much more useful to me to be able to choose what I see on my unit screen (divx or sygic, depending on the situation).

If you not connect the unit's handbrake cable to car's handbrake cable, the unit will consider as if the handbrake is released so it will automatically launch the navi program and you will not be able to see video or listen to music.
Multimedia could be experienced only if you connect the unit's handbrake cable to car's handbrake cable.
Or, as a workaround for this, you will permanently connect the unit's handbrake cable to earth/gnd and then the unit will believe that the handbrake is permanently ON and you will have full access to the unit options, evidently without the option of automatically launching the navi program when you release the handbrake.
But, in the long run, it is a little bit dangerous this way because the unit is made like this for security reasons, meaning that you can see video only when stationary with handbrake ON. It doesn't allow you to be distracted by the video when driving.

Last edited by alex_pescaru on 22nd Feb 2010 9:20 am. Edited 6 times in total

Post #60800 22nd Feb 2010 8:59 am
alex_pescaru

Dropbear wrote:
it didn’t hold the locations

If you referring to targets and routes, yes, it's a Sygic issue, they aren't saved until you get out of the program. In a way it's normal, it will save only the remaining route.
But I've found out the the history is saved imediatelly and you can find the last waypoints in history. Select them from there and you can rebuild the route.

Dropbear wrote:
Has anyone fitted the camera? What format camera do I need to buy NTSC or PAL??

I didn't fit the camera neither. But I've received it Very Happy and I haven't a clue about if it is NTSC or PAL.

Post #60802 22nd Feb 2010 9:09 am
Dropbear

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Zermatt Silver

Alex, What I meant regards not saving locations was it didn't save favorites or even by home location. Surely this isn't normal for the Sygic S/W. Other system settings like 2D or 3D view didn't save either!

I wasn't upset that I didn't recieve the reverse camera as it meant drilling a hole in the rear bumper, not something I could do. I was looking at purchasing a camera that fits on the number plate. these seem cheap from Ebay.

Post #60805 22nd Feb 2010 9:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 12 <123 456 ... 101112>