Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
Dropbear

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Zermatt Silver

I have been corresponding with Ann Zeng [annzeng@cheledigital.com.cn]
Good luck!

Post #46242 5th Aug 2009 11:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
darrellr

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

Any news on this? Or is it a dead dog? New: Freelander2 GS 62 plate (MY13) - Santorini Black with Clearview & Front PDC
Old: Freelander2 XS 09 Plate - Zermatt Silver with ST3 remap (eco map), Garmin 1490T Sat Nav, Rear Seat Entertainment kit

Post #48134 2nd Oct 2009 1:12 pm
Matthius

Poland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Stornoway Grey

darrellr wrote:
Any news on this? Or is it a dead dog?

No response from Ms Zeng, I gave up chasing.

Post #48140 2nd Oct 2009 2:40 pm
Dropbear

H Guys! An update….
Ms Zeng came good for me and I have now successfully installed a unit into the Freelander. The kit was comprehensive and was able to be installed without cutting or soldering. (see the photos in my gallery of the kit before installation)
One problem was that I didn’t receive maps as this was a single unit for evaluation. (Maps require a large order of 50 or more). My intent is to source a legal copy of Australian maps from elsewhere however I haven’t been able to spend the time to pursue this due to other commitments. Any help with how to get maps working would be appreciated. I did try a loan copy of GIO8 without success.
The Bluetooth works and I can view photos etc from the SD card.

These are the specs for the unit as supplied from the not always helpful Ms Zeng

Navigation Hardware data
Mode No.:

Operation system Windows CE.5 .
CPU Manufacturer & Model no. AMD Au1250 ARMV4I/ ARMV
Main frequency 600mhz RAM RAM capacity 128M We recommend the minimum storage capacity of GPS to be 64M. Available capacity to be at least 32MB;
Available RAM capacity 64M
SD card Type SD/USB SD/CF card
Capacity Max. 2G Or bigger
LCD Size 7“
Resolution 800*480
Color depth 32Bit
Touch panel Support Yes
GPS GPS type Built-in GPS
Port number for GPS COM1:
GPS format Standard NMEA-0183
Baud rate 9600, 8,n, 1
OS
Software Development Kit MIPSII

The key code value No key for GPS
Wordbank Name of wordbank Simsun

Other setup functions 1. Navi can run exe file. Such as guider4u file folder uUnder the roof directory of SD Card and then guider.exe file
2. While navigation is running, the title of window can be guider to achieve the backoffice process shift among navi process & our process.
\Storage Card\Navione\Navi.exe

Post #48341 7th Oct 2009 7:19 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

A satnav without maps Confused

And a map you borrowed did not even work.... Are you sure you was using the correct map format, LR maps are in a different format to say BMW's Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #48343 7th Oct 2009 7:54 am
Dropbear

Yes getting the right format is the secret and obtaining that info from our MsZeng is like pulling teeth so I have been making some trial and error attempts. I took a gamble with this unit and saw it as a challenge. If I fail to get the maps working with the unit as it is I will try and unlock it and hopefully I will end up with a WinCe device with maps and not a brick.
In the mean while the trusty old Garmin sits on the dash when required or the Nokia 6210 navigator can show me the way. I wanted a truly integrated unit and the Freelander demo I bought didn’t have the factory sat nav. Not many in Aus do as they are a $8.8k option.

Post #48349 7th Oct 2009 9:07 am
alex_pescaru

From what appears in description, it has a MIPS core. Not ARM, not Intel.
So, even if you unlock it, there are very few GPS applications that will run on a MIPS core...

Post #48673 13th Oct 2009 7:43 pm
alex_pescaru

I've got one of those devices too.
I didn't install on the car yet, but I've powered it up on the work bench and managed to install the navigation software.
But being on a MIPS core, I didn't find other programs on this core but Route66 and Sygic.
Neither have Romania map (which I need Sad ) but in your case, maybe you are in luck. Smile
Sygic has 91% of Australia, 99% of Great Britain and 99% of USA.
See http://www.sygic.com/index.php/en/map-coverage.html

Post #48695 14th Oct 2009 6:17 am
Dropbear

Thanks for the info! How did you get the Navigation software installed, any details would be greatly appreciated.
I had a quick look at the Sygic site and couldn't determine what manufacture and model would be applicable to the sat nav unit I have? [/img]

Post #48699 14th Oct 2009 12:06 pm
alex_pescaru

I've managed to find the MIPS versions of the programs here:

Route66: http://www.zshare.net/download/61064300ecaf640d
Sygic: http://www.zshare.net/download/54977016ef3980b5

They are already "installed" so all you need to do is to put either of them (not both Smile ), after unpacking the archive, on a folder named NaviOne on the root of an SD card and the main executable file of the software to be renamed Navi.exe.
This because the navi unit looks for a program named [SDCARD]:\NaviOne\Navi.exe

Then insert the card on the unit and the navi software will start.
All you need is to find proper maps, because both softwares have maps for Midle East.

Post #48736 14th Oct 2009 10:51 pm
Dropbear

Got the Sygic working however I haven’t got an activation code for Australian maps. Now I know what works so I will look at where I can buy the Maps. Thanks alex_pescaru for you help!

Spoke to a retailer of GPS and Maps today who suggested that NavPol maps would also work on this device. Have you looked at NavPol for Romania maps?

Post #48878 16th Oct 2009 9:41 am
Matthius

Poland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Stornoway Grey

For anyone interested, I managed to figure out the hardware this unit is based on.
It's Cowon Q5W, with GPS module and mounting frame added to it.

Some details about CPU:
http://www.rmicorp.com/products/Au1250.htm

And the manual:
http://www.cowonglobal.com/download/file/m..._1.1EN.pdf

A real pity it's MIPS, as most software is compiled for ARM only. Including Poland's best - AutoMapa. Sad

Post #48887 16th Oct 2009 12:10 pm
alex_pescaru

Dropbear wrote:
Got the Sygic working however I haven’t got an activation code for Australian maps. Now I know what works so I will look at where I can buy the Maps. Thanks alex_pescaru for you help!

I'm glad that I could help.
Tell me something. I wonder if your unit does the same thing...
When you power up the unit with SD card inserted, the navigation is started automatically. If I get out of the navigation program, it doesn't stay in the unit's main menu, but it restarts the navi software again.
So as long as you have the SD card inserted, you can't remain in unit's main menu to use, for example, the DVD player or mp3 player.
Does you unit behave in the same manner?

Post #48898 16th Oct 2009 3:24 pm
Dropbear

Correction: The software suggested by the retaier was PolNav not NavPol as I wrote in my last reply

Quote:

When you power up the unit with SD card inserted, the navigation is started automatically. If I get out of the navigation program, it doesn't stay in the unit's main menu, but it restarts the navi software again.

Yes I did notice the same behaviour although I only tried once.

Post #48929 17th Oct 2009 2:22 am
Dropbear

Hi alex_pescaru I saw this on another forum and thought you may be interested that Sygic may have maps for Romania!

This is the newest map of Romania it is stil a beta but it has street numbers and postal codes. I heard the final version is gonna be launched in few weeks but till then test this
It looks very good and the date that files have been modified is 03.09.2008

DOWNLOAD

http://rapidshare.com/files/143896674/romania.zip.html

Post #49334 26th Oct 2009 10:16 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 12 <123 ... 101112>