Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Feelander 2 Hesitation / Judder / Stuttering fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 26 of 26 <123 ... 242526
Print this entire topic · 
RP51 BOB

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

I have come very late to this party ! I have a 2010 reg/2011 model SD4 HSE with very similar problems to previous posts. My fault is poor to no throttle response, but only when the weather is warm. I usually get caught out in traffic queues, roadworks etc when there is a lot of idling, I touch the throttle pedal and there is no response, foot flat to the floor and it may start very slowly to pull away, get a bit of speed up and we are away. It's a bit scary at roundabouts and busy junctions ! But most of the time it's ok and drives very well in the colder months. I bought the car in January 2020 and I've had problems for over 3 years.
There have been no fault codes, and it has been examined by 2 local independent garages with no luck.The throttle pedal assembly has been replaced as has the throttle body, auto box oil changed.
Today was very warm and I was caught in very slow moving/stopped traffic up a steep hill, and on several occasions when I tried to move away, foot flat to the floor nothing happened, into neutral revved the engine seemed ok, into drive (did this a couple of times) eventually got away. Big Cry Later I had juddering when reversing and slow manoeuvring. Not expecting much from you clever guys but I am getting a bit desperate. Cheers

Post #444765 18th Sep 2024 6:37 pm
CED

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Bali Blue

Sorry if I’m being a party pooper it there isn’t a solution, Ive had the problem 12 years not been able too solve it . So many posts on the subject but no solutions. LR have washed their hands of the problem years ago . Love the car but why I’ll never have another JLR product

Post #444766 18th Sep 2024 6:53 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I haven't had a FL2 for nearly a year but occasionally come back to see how you guys are getting on (I drive a petrol DS now) .
My son had a 2011 FL2 and experienced the hesitation problems described here which LR never managed to fix (the main dealer told me that they had three customers with the same issue and LR support couldn't get to the bottom of it) so my son decided to get a Mitsubishi L200 pickup as he lost faith in the FL2 and he needed something reliable for his job. So I decided to take over the FL2 as I was retired and my wife and I drove it for over a year (ie though summer and winter) without experiencing any problems at all which makes me wonder if there is a driving style issue here? ie whatever the fault is it might show up more readily depending on how you drive the thing. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #444767 18th Sep 2024 7:03 pm
CED

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Bali Blue

Yes a heavy right foot and the problem goes away, but it’s not really a cure is it if you try and drive economically

Post #444773 18th Sep 2024 9:19 pm
RP51 BOB

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

This was my first post on the forum and I didn't realise that so many had this problem. The foot to the floor expression I gave was not full throttle, but flat to the floor with nothing happening and the car moving forward as if it was in limp mode. My wife thinks i should just sell the car but my conscience won't allow me to pass on a potentially dangerous car. I know it's problems and try not to drive on hot sunny days, which means i can drive nearly every day Very Happy Believe it or not I do like the car and this is my 3rd Freelander. My Freelander 1 I had for nearly 14 years and 174,000 miles, great car

Post #444774 18th Sep 2024 10:53 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 26 of 26 <123 ... 242526