Total Votes: 147

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 68 of 93 <123 ... 676869 ... 919293>
Print this entire topic · 
issus

United Kingdom 

npinks wrote:
The exact can be said to you Issus, where's your proof Rolling Eyes

Mr Moderator - as previous Forum Members have commented the only proof they can offer is by their own eyes and ears! There is no specific proof as yet and I think you are well aware of this! As Suffolk man rightly remarked the only specific proof that may arise is "failure" - at the moment I am hard pressed to locate any specific case of failure. Maybe your post is a tad facetious but in any case I am happy to rely on eyes and ears. I do however plan in July to investigate the EGR valve to see if the "muck" level has been reduced as claimed by Yamaha. By the way are you related to doubting Thomas of Bible Fame by any chance Wink Up the Cobblers

Post #188897 24th Jun 2013 12:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
taztastic

England 

Issus, when you have investigated the valve come back and let us know it is of interest, until that time please do not comment on the posts of others or reply in a provocative manner, this is a thread relating to the use of 2so in diesel, it is a thread discussing personal findings and anecdotes and until such time that scientific or peer reviewed evidence is brought forward, let's keep it as such and that also goes for those others involved on this thread.

Post #188903 24th Jun 2013 12:46 pm
Adrian888

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey

There is a link i will try and find to the German Audi a2 forum which shows VERY convincing lab results of the benefits of using 2SO in diesel. I have used 2SO for about 20k miles in my A2 and at the last MOT it flew through the emmissions test, the tester was amazed at the readings. I will say the benefits in the FL2 are less noticable albeit there has been a noticable improvment in torque at low revs and an improvemnet in mpg (actual brim-to-brim not on board computer figures) however I also now use Ultimate/Vpower fuels so that may have some bearing. eh tu?

Post #188904 24th Jun 2013 12:59 pm
DandyLandy

2013 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Fuji White

The question remains: proponents can state claims of their perceived success and opponents can do the opposite. Photos of components can show the condition of said component yet that in itself is no proof that 2SO either did or did not result in that specific outcome. Confused It is all too easy to jump to conclusions.

This is why I said: because not just LandRover, but most other manufacturers may void your warranty, be prepared to accept the risk to your own wallet. If you ever err in life, do so on the safe side. Mr. Green

Post #188905 24th Jun 2013 1:11 pm
Adrian888

If we didn't take risks in life we would still be living in trees and never discovered penicillin etc. The photos I refer to are not of components out of engines but of injectors run in the lab with different combo's of diesel/2SO types and ratios. The comparisons are amazing and until I saw the photos an dread the data I too was somehwat dubious. eh tu?

Post #188907 24th Jun 2013 1:25 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

issus wrote:
By the way are you related to doubting Thomas of Bible Fame by any chance Wink

Sorry no relation, I'm real and not a fictional character from a book written to try give people hope of an afterlife Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #188911 24th Jun 2013 1:46 pm
issus

United Kingdom 

taztastic wrote:
Issus, please do not comment on the posts of others or reply in a provocative manner, this is a thread relating to the use of 2so in diesel, .

I find your post puzzling - of course I and others may wish to comment on 2s related posts particularly on this thread. That is the point of the Forum - at least I hope it is. I am puzzled by your comments as they appear to be contradictory and as for posting in provocative manner I am at complete loss to understand where you are coming from on this. However by the same token I hope you apply the same House Rules to DandyLandy who by his own admission is abrasive! I hope that your post is from Moderators position that is "fair and open minded" with a willingness to appreciate both sides of the 2s discussion.

regards Tony Up the Cobblers

Post #188919 24th Jun 2013 2:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cressus_66

Romania 

Quote:
50,000km is still very low mileage.

I have with a C5 2.0 HDI(RHZ) a little more than 90 000 km with this 2SO, and a friend who has 1.5 dCI engine (Renault) has 207 000 km on Odometer only using this "blend"(2SO+fuel).
Thanks! Life is very hard but...good news...she's running like hell

Post #188922 24th Jun 2013 2:17 pm
dr. tom

Germany 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

That the addition of the homoeophatic dosis of 2SO will increase the HFRR-value of diesel is scientifically proven and a known fact. The HFRR measures the wear of moving components under Tribology aspects. Google for details or consult wikipedia.
Shawn Coetzee - supported by DandyLandy claim that the addition of 2SO to uls-diesel has caused the failure of a lately rebuild diesel engine. This statement is "a shot in the air" and clearly confirms that both do not know what they are talking about. Their "contributions" to this forum are -to put it mildly- dubious.
As I said earlier, scientific proof of the beneficial use of 2SO with diesel will probably never be published (although studies exist- but they are under lock for probably good reasons).
But: the anti-2SO fraction may please provide acceptabel proof that the addition of 2SOer has ever caused any damage to any otherwise fit diesel engine of any manufacturer.
They will find it very hard to submit, if at all.
By the way: I have read in a German magazine that Yamaha-Fan has been appointed Senior Member of a German High-Court. My hearty congratulation to her!

dr.tom

Post #188924 24th Jun 2013 3:03 pm
Atrix

Latvia 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Lago Grey

Yes, indeed, where are these engine failures, which dooms-day proponents attribute to usage of 2sO?

Post #188927 24th Jun 2013 3:35 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

the thing with this subject as stated you will not get definitive proof from either side of the fence, not at least until a lab does a test.

Those that will have engine failures or parts of, either wont bring up the adding of 2so in the fuel if they are in warranty as this will void the claim under the do not add additives to the fuel clauses, therefore you will never know, unless its serviced privately and the part failed is tested for whatever they would test for

those that don't add 2SO might still have trouble free motoring, on the basis that the fuel is adequate or might not and there is nothing to say that the lack of 2so will have made any difference to the reason the engine or part of broke, its what happens, things move in engine and eventually they break

This thread just needs to be there for those that wish too add it, or research it, its clear from the reading of it, that there is no scientific proof, but there is a lot of people that have used it and feel they are getting the benefits of it been added, there is also the posts from those that don't believe the hype and both points are there to be read Exclamation

Let people make their own mind up, the information for both sides is there Thumbs Up
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #188928 24th Jun 2013 3:59 pm
768will

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Bali Blue

Don't think warranty is invalidated by using fuel additives. When my FL2 was in warranty the service (by main LR dealer) included the addition of Wynns 'Diesel System Cleaner'. I also bought some of this from an Audi dealer so presumably they were using it as well.
As been said many times, add 2so if you want, don't add if you have doubts. 11 GS Bali Blue
07 GS FL2. Usually muddy. Gone
Numerous LRs since 1963

Post #188952 24th Jun 2013 6:35 pm
Paul

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

dr. tom wrote:
As I said earlier, scientific proof of the beneficial use of 2SO with diesel will probably never be published (although studies exist- but they are under lock for probably good reasons).
dr.tom

Oil companies nor car manufacturers will ever admit the benefits of using 2-stroke oil as a diesel additive as the oil companies would admit there's something wrong with the diesel they sell and the car manufacturers would admit that their cars are not appropriate for the diesel that is actually on the market.

Dr.Tom, thanks for your post.

Post #188957 24th Jun 2013 7:00 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

768will, that's because the dealer put it in as an approved additive, not sure why you brought up Audi as I'm referring to LR warranty, after all it is a freelander forum Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #188972 24th Jun 2013 7:45 pm
Adrian888

There is a rumour on some German forums one of the premium German premium brands use 2SO in their management and press cars to give their engines 'the edge' when being driven on press days etc. As stated above if you don't want to use it don't however for those of us who do and find benefits (whether subjective or objective) please do not criticise without evidence to support your claims. If you Google search the German A2 forum you will find the report I referred to earlier much of which is also copied into the UK A2OC forum. It is all there for you to look at and read and form your conclusions! eh tu?

Post #188995 24th Jun 2013 8:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 68 of 93 <123 ... 676869 ... 919293>