Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 13 <123 4 ... 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
ColoradoLR2

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Narvik Black
Re: Rear Seats

npinks wrote:
The rear seats that the single seat that drops down in on the passanger side,

so you have more load space with the twin seat down, with the baby seat in on the single,

you wouldn't then have to stand in the road strapping your baby into the seat with the down wide open

I suspect fear of American lawyers caused that one to be on the 'wrong' side for the UK.

I'd like to see a cover for the center console, a homelink or other garage opener mechanism and I'd love to have the iPod integrated with the touchscreen, ideally with the click wheel implemented on the screen! Greg East
Loveland, Colorado
USA
'08 LR2 Hers
'93 740i Mine
'87 944 turbo Mistress

Post #5641 19th Aug 2007 3:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
flynn

United Kingdom 

I want to see the 'drop down' back window return!

I've got a TD4, was about to order a FL2, when I found out they've dropped them!

It stops me using the aircon (as I hate mechanical air) and the dog loves it!

It's making me abandon my brand loyality. I'm now checking out other SUVs

Post #5800 27th Aug 2007 5:33 pm
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

will wrote:
Hi Tim,

Well a good diesel automatic with full air suspension would suit me very well and I guess to lots of others as well. (Those who are after the comfort etc.. of the big ones without having to drive the big boxes around...) Very Happy

Maybee it is another Tim you are adressing, but as my name is Tim as well, I will respond.

Will have the diesel automatic, but I definitely agree with you that I would have liked to have air suspension as well.

I WANT AIR SUSPENSION ON FL2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #7366 24th Sep 2007 12:05 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

flynn wrote:
I want to see the 'drop down' back window return!

I've got a TD4, was about to order a FL2, when I found out they've dropped them!

It stops me using the aircon (as I hate mechanical air) and the dog loves it!

It's making me abandon my brand loyality. I'm now checking out other SUVs

I had a courtesy car FL1 and I liked the open rear window, whilst driving in the Scotish highlands with snow on the mountains, snowboards in the car and cold fresh air been sucked in through the rear window (plus possible exhaust fumes) but it was nice a crisp.

My next car (KIA sportage) had a opening rear window that lifted up, (not whilst driving) and all it did was leak because the rubber seal never sealed properly.

Post #7378 24th Sep 2007 8:38 pm
VIKING

VIKING wrote:

I WANT AIR SUSPENSION ON FL2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

Quoting myself. I have a follow-up. I read that Audi Q5 will have air-suspension, so I think Land Rover are forced to have air-suspension as an option on FL2. So maybe (hopefully) the FL 2009 or 2010 will have air-suspension as an option.

I cannot understand why air-suspension is not allready awailable. FL2 would have killed all competitors, and LR would have had this segment to themselves.

Air-suspension is the only thing lacking from making this car perfect. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #8955 24th Oct 2007 4:01 pm
Stevea

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Just had my first drive at night in the FL2... something which I notice is missing... internal ambient light to illuminate the dash / centre console at night! The other half has a mini cooper convertible, which has a subtle ambient light projecting onto the dash / centre console... really sets the car off at night in my opinion...

The puddle lights on the side mirros work well and look good though...

Stevea

Post #11721 14th Dec 2007 9:08 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

The interior ambient light is also known as "waterfall" lighting on the Disco3 and RRSport.................. it is so feint that you can hardly see it but in an RRSport ,on the bottom of the rear view mirror there is a tiny appature that contains what must be about a 1w LED that shines into the ash tray/ cigarette lighter area of the centre consol.
As I said it is very feint so you hardly notice it, but you can see it if you put your hand close up to the base of the rear view mirror. Cannot for the life of me understand why they bothered with it - you can only use it to see where the ash tray is at night, which makes it useless for nonsmakers as the ashtray in the Sport is about 1 sq inch in size! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #11730 14th Dec 2007 10:16 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I had these light on the old '53 Vectra that i had, i found it quite useful, it gave of just enough light to see the dark dash areas on the unlit country roads that i often drive on.

Not something i miss though, I find the satnav gives plenty of light to see Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11742 14th Dec 2007 11:34 pm
RW

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

VIKING wrote:
I read that Audi Q5 will have air-suspension, so I think Land Rover are forced to have air-suspension as an option on FL2.

The Audi Q5 is going to be sold as a 'compact SUV' but the pricing and features are more in the BMW X5 and RRS class. See http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_...880437.ece

If the RAV4s, X-trails, X3s and the like came with air-suspension then we would expect LR to provide that as an option for the Freelander. Air-suspension on the FL2 would put it in direct competition with elder bro Disco. It would be like the competition between the X3 and X5.

At present the FL2 is the class leader in the compact LUV segment (Luxury Utility Vehicle - coined by me Wink ) - if one wants the 'complete off-road works', go for the capable Disco.

Post #11746 15th Dec 2007 12:01 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

I think there are three problems for LR if they offered air suspension on the F2 - weight,cost and added complexity (yet more things to go wrong). The airsprings on a D3/RRSport and FFRR are HUGE and very heavy and then there is the compressoer and ECU that are required to operate it - where do you put them? F2 is already a very expensive car for the market that LR are trying to sell it to, would Joe Public be prepared to pay another £2-3k just to have air suspension? Even as an optional extra. Top spec F2's are already placed dangerously close to the mid-range Disco3's as it is and an airsprung F2 would probably steal sales from Disco3 How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #11758 15th Dec 2007 11:15 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
F2 is already a very expensive car for the market that LR are trying to sell it to, would Joe Public be prepared to pay another £2-3k just to have air suspension? Even as an optional extra. Top spec F2's are already placed dangerously close to the mid-range Disco3's as it is and an airsprung F2 would probably steal sales from Disco3

I think Tim has made some valid points, that i never thought of when it came to putting Air Suspension on the FL2, Its okay saying and writing it, but the logistics of it been done are quite different

Though I do think people out there would pay £2K plus to get the A.S. as an option:!:

I had to choice between a Low Spec D3 7 seat with AS or the Higher Spec FL2 when I got mine, As I tow a caravan both were suitable, but the AS did make a good argument as did the extra space and seats, but i opted for the FL2 on looks, spec and it tows more than i need. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11759 15th Dec 2007 11:34 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

NP, you too have a very valid point - the people who tow large loads (not just caravans) would probably be prepared to pay the extra for the convenience of being able to lower the car enough to be able to back up underneath the trailer tow coupling - maybe it could be offered as part of an enhanced towpack as AS also has built-in self levelling so no more headlights sweeping the sky instead of the road ahead. How long before we get a Freel2 Commercial that needs HD suspension? How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #11760 15th Dec 2007 11:54 am
VIKING

Well, I would pay extra for the air-suspension. I think FL2 with air-suspension still would be cheaper than Disco, and I would probably prefer a fully equipped FL2 over a stripped D3.

There is X3 and X5. Both sells. Why bother if FL2 is concidered to compete with D3?

I think Land Rover should be much more concerned with competing against other car-brands.

Maybee it is technically difficult to put air-suspension somewhere in there, but where there is a will, there is a way.

GO FOR AIR-SUSPENSION! It is a soooo much better ride! 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #11761 15th Dec 2007 11:56 am
PARKONGRASS-OFFROADING?

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black
sat nav screensaver

pinicky i know, but it would be nice for the sat nav to automatically default to clock after, say, 10 seconds, rather than stay on the choice screen.

good sat nav, though.

Post #14131 11th Feb 2008 9:44 pm
ttc546

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Got quite a list here!

I want to see:

The radio/telephone system integrated into the Sat Nav screen to give a single control system using Touch-Screen. The current 2 units look at odds with each other and not cohesive.

Much more computer info in the digital display in between the dials. Like: Distance since last start, Av MPG this trip, Current mpg at the time, Time elapsed since last start etc. Could all be displayed in the SatNav screen also.

Centre dash (radio unit area) to be made of a higher quality plastic, or covered in the metal finish of the dashboard strips.

The rear boot roller blind cannot be removed if the Cargo barrier is in place. This means that you either keep the cargo barrier in place all the time, which is a pain when the dogs are in the car, or you take it out all the time, which is a concern for cargo security

The dash lighting colur to be changed to an amber or blue or something more modern and clean looking.

Cover for centre console storage

The 4WD axle graphic as displayed on the Discovery SatNav screen. Shows traction to each wheel etc.

Bigger/faster engine option

Higher torque in the upper range

SatNav upgrade to include - 3D graphics option, Roads displayed as thicker curvier lines rather than blocky lines, Motorways displayed as Blue (its bleedin confusing to see a motorway in yellow against other red roads.), Menus to be re-arranged (it takes too many presses to setup a destination), Cancelling a Route is buried deep in the menus. should be one press on the screen. More Preferences options.

SatNav startup screen should be able to startup to display the clock straight away (or any other preference). I hate it starting up with the Nav/Settings/Screensaver menus.

Ability to upload a screensaver picture of choice (sd card slot to display .jpgs)

Front Right hand arm rest on door to be at same level as left hand arm rest (if fitted). They are different levels at the moment.

Electric rear door option - lifts boot door at the press of a button on the key. This happens on my wifes Lexus RX and it is fantastic for when your arms are loaded with shopping or have dogs etc.

Remove the Start/Stop button - or move it to the steering wheel. It is just not ergonomic.

Make the Ignition key fob thing smaller - much smaller. Its like carrying a brick in my pocket.

Lower rear boot cargo floor and sill.

Smaller steering wheel

Front and rear LED lighting. Chris

Post #17029 2nd Apr 2008 8:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 13 <123 4 ... 111213>