51%
 51%  [75]
Total Votes: 147

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 42 of 93 <123 ... 414243 ... 919293>
Print this entire topic · 
Past master

United Kingdom 

Ah. I had heard they could take your car away and crush it. Maybe he bribed them with free chickens for life?

Post #100730 3rd May 2011 6:45 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

realspeed wrote:
Now everyone has had their say about adding 2 stroke oil to diesel would anyone care to comment on this link?

http://www.fueltechexperts.com

Realspeed

Just got my can, and have added it to fuel when filling up. The write up was very good and powerenhancer's money back guarantee means its a no lose.
Time will tell now!!

Post #100956 5th May 2011 4:18 pm
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Hi WizKing

which did you buy and how much was it? 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #100962 5th May 2011 4:51 pm
wizking

I got the BG244 for the diesel engine and it was just over £27.00 with delivery. powerenhancer are doing a special on them at the moment.

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/news/category/bg-44k-for-petrol/

Post #100971 5th May 2011 5:54 pm
DiscoGeorge

South Africa 

wizking wrote:
I got the BG244 for the diesel engine and it was just over £27.00 with delivery. powerenhancer are doing a special on them at the moment.

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/news/category/bg-44k-for-petrol/

Hi wizking

had a look at that site. Looks interesting and promising. I would recommend to use this once and then use 0.5% 2sO with every tank full. This will prevent the buildup of new carbon. Wink With kind regards
DiscoGeorge
1998 Disco1 ES 300Tdi with twin TrueTracs
2005 Disco3 TDV6 S
And some more serious stuff

Post #101255 8th May 2011 6:46 pm
wizking

I have been using the 2 stroke oil since I got the car last year, and was one of the lucky ones who noticed results almost immediately.

Post #101261 8th May 2011 7:45 pm
kaanage

Australia 

oldgeezer wrote:
Poddible word of warning, my mate used to add a 2 stroke mix to his diesel tank but the oil was red! He had his tank dipped one day by a roadside check and he wasd suspected of using red diesel! Took a long time to sort that one out! Apparently some heatinf fuels use a green dye just similar to some 2 strkoe oils ! Be carefull !

I was thinking another side benefit of TC-W3 spec oils vs JASO (on top of the lower sulphated ash level) would be the blue green colour (rather than red) would prevent the roadside check problem in the UK . Is green heating oil also verboten?

wizking wrote:
I have been using the 2 stroke oil since I got the car last year, and was one of the lucky ones who noticed results almost immediately.

What did you notice? Even though I believe it is protecting my engine, I'd be lying if I could say I noticed any definite difference with my car

Post #101460 10th May 2011 1:48 pm
DiscoGeorge

South Africa 

Hi all

Discogeorge is coming back for one last 2sO posting. We have had heated debates on this forum, all sorts of views were expressed.

But facts speak louder than a thousand words.

You will all remember that YF stated the cleaning effect of Jaso-FC compliant 2sO. Now here is the ultimate and totally unrefutable proof.

I embarked yesterday to relieve my wife's 2005 Disco3 TDV6's of its EGR system. Mainly because it has a choking effect on the breathing of the engine. This vehicle has been running on 2sO since last year, after the previous owner had a whopping repair of new CRD pump and new injectors due to lack of lubricity of the diesel. That vehicle got stuck in Botswana and came back to Johannesburg on a lowbed rig.

Here is a link to the installation instructions of the kit from Bell Autoservices.

http://bellautoservices.co.uk/wp-content/u...6-TDV6.pdf

Have a look at the condition of the EGR pipes protruding into the intake air tract.

And here below are the ones coming out of our Disco.

Click image to enlarge

And here a close up of the inside of the pipe where it connects to the EGR valve

Click image to enlarge

Remember this pic of the glow plugs. The evidence is there

Click image to enlarge

When we now look at the havoc that an EGR system plays with the intake tract of a diesel engine, then the benefits of using 2sO become absolutely clear. Because you must remember, inside the engine there is the same gunk - but 2sO with its additives will remove this over time.

At this stage a big thank you to Yamaha fan who has shared her knowledge and experience with us, even in the face of some stiff objection from some quarters.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  With kind regards
DiscoGeorge
2005 Disco3 TDV6 S

Post #101633 12th May 2011 6:01 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

typical driving style of your disco vs the bell auto one? maybe yours does long trips and the bell one does the school run At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #101646 12th May 2011 10:25 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

not only what CG says, but the BAS ones could have been in since 2005, yours since last year if they was replaced or cleaned at the time of the rebuild to engine after the failed CRD Pump

but thanks for posting more pic's I'm sure they help some readers Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #101651 12th May 2011 10:46 am
DiscoGeorge

South Africa 

Hi npinks

that gunk you see on the bell info takes only about a week to accumulate. You should have seen the sh?t that came out of my Disco1's intake manifold and that car was only used for trips in excess of 200mls at a time (holiday car).

The manifold on my Disco1 needed chemical cleaning. But since I drive that car (65000km, it looks like the EGR pipes from my wife's Disco3. Wink With kind regards
DiscoGeorge
2005 Disco3 TDV6 S

Post #101656 12th May 2011 11:07 am
Ozie

Australia 

Hi folks,

I thought the post (a reliable source) from a 4x4 forum in Oz, in another "2 stroke in your diesel" thread. may be of interest:

[QUOTE=jeffs5;604738]
89 GQ Nissan Patrol , had since new. TD42 Non Turbo.
Tested compression at 50,000 km intervals, Now on 310,000 km's, The 250,000 km test showed a low No. 4. cylinder Later I started using 2 stroke, Castrol Active 2T for motorcycles, 200:1 Ratio.

At around 290,000 K's. After 2nd tank noticed, quieter engine, less smoke on start up and at night putting the foot down a bit with lights behind.
Done mileage tests over the next few tanks, same BP Pump too! Economy went from 13-14L 100 km's to 11-12L 100 km's around town. Highway even better.
One trip down south filled to the spout and ended up right on 100 km's at a BP , filled back to the spout and used 8.8 liters!! Each trip is different though, road conditions, speed etc. Also engine has a bit more Zing!

This compression test, all cylinders up around 2825-2850 KPa!
Where the 250,000 km test had No. 4 down at around 2550 KPa. Stayed at that after adding a little oil into the chamber, meaning valves sticky, burnt, not seating properly or head gasket blown. Ruled out head gasket and lived with it.

So my only reasoning for the No. 4 to be back up is the 2 Stroke must burn or clean the fuel system and to go as far as remove deposits from the valves etc. I'm sticking with it for the rest off The old girls life, which should easily be another 300,000 km's. Or the doors will fall off before the mighty TD42 stops.[/QUOTE]

Improved compression!! Thanks again Yamaha Fan.

Post #101915 14th May 2011 9:43 am
DiscoGeorge

South Africa 

Ozie wrote:
Hi folks,

I thought the post (a reliable source) from a 4x4 forum in Oz, in another "2 stroke in your diesel" thread. may be of interest:

[QUOTE=jeffs5;604738]
89 GQ Nissan Patrol , had since new. TD42 Non Turbo.
Tested compression at 50,000 km intervals, Now on 310,000 km's, The 250,000 km test showed a low No. 4. cylinder Later I started using 2 stroke, Castrol Active 2T for motorcycles, 200:1 Ratio.

At around 290,000 K's. After 2nd tank noticed, quieter engine, less smoke on start up and at night putting the foot down a bit with lights behind.
Done mileage tests over the next few tanks, same BP Pump too! Economy went from 13-14L 100 km's to 11-12L 100 km's around town. Highway even better.
One trip down south filled to the spout and ended up right on 100 km's at a BP , filled back to the spout and used 8.8 liters!! Each trip is different though, road conditions, speed etc. Also engine has a bit more Zing!

This compression test, all cylinders up around 2825-2850 KPa!
Where the 250,000 km test had No. 4 down at around 2550 KPa. Stayed at that after adding a little oil into the chamber, meaning valves sticky, burnt, not seating properly or head gasket blown. Ruled out head gasket and lived with it.

So my only reasoning for the No. 4 to be back up is the 2 Stroke must burn or clean the fuel system and to go as far as remove deposits from the valves etc. I'm sticking with it for the rest off The old girls life, which should easily be another 300,000 km's. Or the doors will fall off before the mighty TD42 stops.

Improved compression!! Thanks again Yamaha Fan.[/quote]

Hi Ozie

thanks for sharing this info with us. For once a posting with some useful information.

To answer your question regarding the improved compression of number 4 cylinder. That is actually very easy to explain. The incomplete combustion of pure diesel fuel will build up over time carbon deposits around the ring grooves. This effectively prevents the rings from moving in the grooves and this is what then lowers the compression. By adding 2sO with its detergent's cleaning properties, this will remove (over time) the carbon deposits and the rings can then move again and seal much better. Wink With kind regards
DiscoGeorge
2005 Disco3 TDV6 S

Post #102007 14th May 2011 7:17 pm
Ozie

Australia 

Thanks George, will pass the info on.

I thought it was great news, going beyond what I expect from 2sO, being lub. to the fuel pump.

Post #102073 15th May 2011 12:22 am
DiscoGeorge

South Africa 

Ozie wrote:
Thanks George, will pass the info on.

I thought it was great news, going beyond what I expect from 2sO, being lub. to the fuel pump.

Hi Ozie

yeah there are a few of us posting useful info here, compared to some of the BS waffling that is going on here Wink

Good luck! With kind regards
DiscoGeorge
2005 Disco3 TDV6 S

Post #102076 15th May 2011 5:45 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 42 of 93 <123 ... 414243 ... 919293>