Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > are they for real.... WEBUYANYCAR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

Tambora Flame / Tangiers orange all the way..... 

Post #88653 19th Jan 2011 1:15 pm
PaulC

United Kingdom 

Just an update...

I decided to give WBAC a try so I valued the car up online £10,785 . Not bad given that the retail book value was £11,600 and I was offereed just £9000 as a trade in with my new FL2 order.

I spent all day yesterday cleaning it up inside and out and making sure that I hadn't missed anything. All was in order except that it was now due a service which meant that it was classed as having "part service history" instead of full and that the MOT was due in under 1 month.

Arrived there this morning for the appointment. Raining. The guy there (Plymouth) was very friendly and professional. He checked over the paperwork and then checked over the car. Pretty cursory really. Good look inside. Started engine. Popped bonnet and noted VIN. Stopped engine and walked around noting anything he saw. Then back inside. Didn't drive it.

Agreed with my assessment online of condition and offered me the online valuation figure which I accepted.

Simple, easy, quick and most certainly no rip off.

I strongly recommend WBAC but you have to be realistic with what you think the car is worth and brutally honest with the online condition assessment and they will give you a sensible price. Sure, it won't be the retail value but they will sell the car on to a dealer and both of then have to make something on the deal. You have the choice. I was very happy with their service and will certainly consider using them again.

Post #91806 13th Feb 2011 2:37 pm
Junior

England 

PaulC wrote:
Just an update...

I decided to give WBAC a try so I valued the car up online £10,785 . Not bad given that the retail book value was £11,600 and I was offereed just £9000 as a trade in with my new FL2 order.

I spent all day yesterday cleaning it up inside and out and making sure that I hadn't missed anything. All was in order except that it was now due a service which meant that it was classed as having "part service history" instead of full and that the MOT was due in under 1 month.

Arrived there this morning for the appointment. Raining. The guy there (Plymouth) was very friendly and professional. He checked over the paperwork and then checked over the car. Pretty cursory really. Good look inside. Started engine. Popped bonnet and noted VIN. Stopped engine and walked around noting anything he saw. Then back inside. Didn't drive it.

Agreed with my assessment online of condition and offered me the online valuation figure which I accepted.

Simple, easy, quick and most certainly no rip off.

I strongly recommend WBAC but you have to be realistic with what you think the car is worth and brutally honest with the online condition assessment and they will give you a sensible price. Sure, it won't be the retail value but they will sell the car on to a dealer and both of then have to make something on the deal. You have the choice. I was very happy with their service and will certainly consider using them again.

Good to hear you had a smooth selling experience, but freelanders are changing hands at over book price at the moment and We buy anycar ARE a dealer albeit the acquisitions arm of Britain's biggest used car retailer.

Post #91836 13th Feb 2011 6:06 pm
PaulC

United Kingdom 

I sold an X-Trail BTW

Post #91838 13th Feb 2011 6:23 pm
geoff.c

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Izmir Blue

I had a good quote from WBAC, although I didn't get to go down for the full appraisal. In the meantime, I asked for a price from Sturgess, on the Freelander I fancied. (It was a Jimny, I was exchanging) They offered exactly the same amount, which surprised me. So went ahead with the deal straight away.

Post #91850 13th Feb 2011 7:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234