« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > are they for real.... WEBUYANYCAR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

weirdfish wrote:
The same can be said if you use the car in part ex.

For me personally, I tend to accept the extra loss by trading in as it offers a simple seamless solution to changing your car. Usually, anyway.

I think Webuyanycar and other such places offer an easier way to change your car if you want to buy private. Obviously this comes at a cost.

I agree - it is a trade off between convienence and price, and would never actually sell to them.
I was just shocked at how much they offered, without the extras ( which I could remove and sell separatly)
Especially how that is the same amount that I paid for it over a year ago at a LR dealer - Lewes.

Even on fleabay they have gone up a huge amount.

Happy days - if you are selling.
I awaite the new RR evoque............... 

Post #87889 14th Jan 2011 7:32 am
dunroof

Each to their own, but the Evoque is going to be a big flop for LR. It's a terrible motor with the appeal of Nick Cleg!

Post #87898 14th Jan 2011 10:43 am
weirdfish

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

dunroof wrote:
Each to their own, but the Evoque is going to be a big flop for LR. It's a terrible motor with the appeal of Nick Cleg!

So that'll be a car that less than 1/4 of the country don't want, but will get anyway.

Smile For a free country, it does seem pretty expensive these days.

Post #87905 14th Jan 2011 11:25 am
PaulC

United Kingdom 

The only thing the Evoque has going for it is the technology. If they put that tech on the LR3 when it appears then I can't see the Evoque being a success.

Post #87912 14th Jan 2011 12:19 pm
dunroof

Sorry Fishey, but it's all hype. It's an awfull looking car with no room and Victoria Beckham promoting it. That was a big shot in LR's foot. It's just not a 4x4, it's a Chavmobile . Plus it's going to cost an arm and a leg, on par with the cost of a D4 GS. Not many on this forum, nor the country will have the money for it even accepting they want one.

I mean if you did a survey, most of us here if we purchased new paid between 20k - 26k for their cars, some a bit more obviously. How many of us would be rushing out to buy a 30k plus car and if we did, most of us would have a D4 in preference?

Post #87914 14th Jan 2011 12:36 pm
weirdfish

I was going for political satire, and apparently failing miserably Very Happy

I suppose I could have added that it will come bundled with a family friendly compromise car that once you have it will slowly start to fail to meet the expectations, based on the promises of the salesman.

Post #87917 14th Jan 2011 1:16 pm
JONATHAN12

Have to disagree with the prevailing view re the evoque. I saw on the other day and, though I'm not convinced by it's overall styling, it's struck me as a massively compelling motor for those who don't need the space of a disco or RR. It's going to be hyper efficient for it's car-type, we know it's going to drive and handle in a fun and sporty way, it has bags of modern tech, it's super comfortable and has a raised driving position and, perhaps most crucially, it's a range-rover, which is one the one hand a prestige marque that many aspire to but few can afford, and on the other hand a go-anywhere machine that is supreme off-road. This won't be as capable off road as the other models, but it will have some capability and that will be more than enough for 99% of owners. Who here honestly thinks that a 4x4 evoque won't be absolutely fin in UK snow.

The Victoria Beckham association isn't really my kind of thing, and does arguably demean the brand's heritage. But car companies are businesses and evolution and future sales are more important than nodding to the traditional images of farmers, wellies, barbours, labradors, guns and mud.

There is so obviously a massive and growing market for these sporty, 4X4 coupes and, though I don't really like the look of them, they are the future: witness the X1, Qasqhai, Evoque, and the impending Q3, Porsche Cajun, etc.... I really think these new ones will sell like hot cakes, and the Evoque may well be the best of the bunch.

Post #87918 14th Jan 2011 1:19 pm
Kershaw 39

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Orkney Grey

I think it will fly out to UK chavs and the U.S of A with ease ....... If LR make loads of cash and put it back into the rest of the range that can only be good...... no more "HDC off" on start up !!!! and all the other electrical quirks .......! Now Ive bought this one im stuck on LR's, all other cars look crap ...... I'm even thinking of giving my wife this one so i can get rid of her car and buy another!!!

Post #87927 14th Jan 2011 2:23 pm
dunroof

Fair enough, but proof of the pudding and all that. If i am wrong, I'll eat my words. I don't think LR can assume the vehicle will automatically sell.

LR made it's marque with waxed jackets, wellies and labradors. It's the image thats ingrained in all our minds. It sells because it will go where other fear to tread. A boast made on here daily. I dont think the Evoque will be in that category.

There has been plenty of car manufacturers who have been a sucess then brought out a total flop, I dont think it has a lot of the things we all love about LR. It's more of a bigger Ford Focus than anything else.

Post #87928 14th Jan 2011 2:36 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

weirdfish wrote:
I was going for political satire, and apparently failing miserably Very Happy

I suppose I could have added that it will come bundled with a family friendly compromise car that once you have it will slowly start to fail to meet the expectations, based on the promises of the salesman.
Smile

I got it Bow down Rolling with laughter

When I was on my experience day the instructor claimed that the beckham mobile will be more capable off road than the FL2 due to the better ground clearance and lower weight Shocked I'm yet to be convinced myself! Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #87939 14th Jan 2011 4:12 pm
dunroof

Think we all did, it was just polite to ignore. That said it was my fault for mentioning the unmentionable. I've never been the same since I looked at the online breakdown of expenses. Danny Alexander loves Kettle Crisps in plenty! Dont you find it really annoying that we pay for their food in general? I mean when I was working, I took sandwiches paid for and consumed by me, not the tax payer. I can believe they have a subsidised canteen and then claim it back. I wonder how many spare tyres round their fat guts we have paid for?

Post #87941 14th Jan 2011 4:19 pm
weirdfish

ok I'll get my coat......... Whistle

Post #87948 14th Jan 2011 4:47 pm
PaulC

United Kingdom 

I can't see any reason why it should be less capable off road than a LR2. It is built on the same platform and has all the same gadgets... well, not the same - better! Ground clearance is about the same but it will have a lower CoG so will be more stable.

Post #87951 14th Jan 2011 5:13 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I'd have one if Clegg and his mates would increase farm subsidies, come on the world needs food and I need a new bling mobile.
I'm sure a healthy aftermarket range of de-beckhaming bits and bobs will be soon available to restore some style to the evoque. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #87953 14th Jan 2011 5:42 pm
weirdfish

I quite like the look of the Evoque, but I'm not convinced it's got a huge market. I hope I'm wrong. I don't know if it's being built in UK factories but if it is then lets hope it's as successful as Land Rover think it will be.

Back on topic, we had a conversation at work today and a colleague was very outspoken against webuyanycar as he'd been given the online hook price and the subsequent damage deductions, of which he was happy to accept. However he took exception to them wanting to deduct £100 as it had one of those steering wheel knobs fitted (his wife needs it) and they would need to remove it as they like the car to be standard. (Like he was going to leave it on and even if he did, it's a quick release fitting that takes seconds to remove) Then to add insult to injury they wanted to knock another 30 quid off after he offered to put the original audio head unit back in as the one fitted wasn't 'standard' Rolling Eyes For a free country, it does seem pretty expensive these days.

Post #87974 14th Jan 2011 7:44 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>