Home > General > Strange Satnav Activity
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Freelander22se

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red
Strange Satnav Activity

Its started again

Intermittently on startup the satnav screen appears to show constant rebooting and of course all phone functions etc don`t work.

This does eventually stop but as intermittent havent managed to get dealers to take it serious - last time it went in they said they had upgraded the firmware..?

Anyone experienced this ?

Post #56753 25th Jan 2010 9:07 pm
Freelander22se

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

111 views and no comments ?

Post #57455 29th Jan 2010 9:09 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Lots of views happen sometimes Confused

TBH. It's not something I have seen before but you should insist on LR having another look, maybe try catching it on your mobile or video camera Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #57457 29th Jan 2010 9:15 pm
littlebiscuit

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Mine is in today for this. It's been an intermittent problem since I got it 2 years ago. Finally managed to get it back to the dealer whilst it was happening so they could see it for themselves.They have had reports before but never found anything and never seen it happen.
They say they have applied a software update today and contacted LR. They need it back in for a couple of days to use a 'prism' to split the system (I don't have a clue what they're talking about).

Post #75608 9th Sep 2010 5:09 pm
JOHNTYWYN

Wales 

Buy a Tom Tom. Better performance, shorter journeys !!!!

Post #75649 10th Sep 2010 9:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Radeco

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey
2010 dvds now available

Land rover Freelander 2 navigation system DVDs 2010-2011 full set of 3 DVDs as new My fault I should have posted here first. big improvment Split Screen - auto - graphics better - but still no speed cameras Big Cry. G4 Freelander 2005 V6 HSE Stage 1 Thailand/Laos. HQ Support YZT
Grey Freelander 2 2011 SD4 HSE - Works Van - gone to a new home.

Post #80360 10th Nov 2010 9:02 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

littlebiscuit wrote:
Mine is in today for this. It's been an intermittent problem since I got it 2 years ago. (I don't have a clue what they're talking about).

Doubt if they do either lol Big Cry (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #80367 10th Nov 2010 9:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOHNTYWYN

Wales 

Please let me know how you get on. My latest problem was joining the M25, it insisted on me taking the anti clockwise route instead of the clockwise; involving an extra 90 minutes driving (traffic allowing ) as shown against my Tom Tom. I arrived at my destination spot on the time calculated by the Tom Tom. --John -

Post #80396 11th Nov 2010 10:41 am
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

JOHNTYWYN wrote:
Please let me know how you get on. My latest problem was joining the M25, it insisted on me taking the anti clockwise route instead of the clockwise; involving an extra 90 minutes driving (traffic allowing ) as shown against my Tom Tom. I arrived at my destination spot on the time calculated by the Tom Tom. --John -

Truth is TomTom is an excellent product. If I could get a disc to have it in my car, I would do it without giving it a second thought! But I can't...

The thing that really winds me up, and I have mentioned this more than once! is how out of date the maps are... unforgivable... Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #80397 11th Nov 2010 11:00 am
The Valeter

A week or so back I had to do 2 deliveries & 1 collection in the Swindon to Bristol areas & whilst I generally prefer to use a map I generally use the sat nav for the last part of the journey & the Freelander sat-nav led me astray on all 3 destinations. On one occasion it was simply telling me to turn first right then right again - this was a one way section thus simply taking me round in circles. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #80464 11th Nov 2010 11:40 pm
JOHNTYWYN

Wales 

Think yourself lucky, on a journey from Cardiff to Norwich, my sat nav wanted to exit me at every junction, and rejoin immediately; and then take me the wrong way round the M25.

Does anyone know what sort of mess I would leave in the dash if I smashed it out. Thank God for Tom Tom

Post #80543 12th Nov 2010 7:39 pm
The Valeter

JOHNTYWYN wrote:
Think yourself lucky, on a journey from Cardiff to Norwich, my sat nav wanted to exit me at every junction, and rejoin immediately; and then take me the wrong way round the M25.

Does anyone know what sort of mess I would leave in the dash if I smashed it out. Thank God for Tom Tom

lol - I was getting thoughts of doing that. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #80547 12th Nov 2010 7:53 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

JOHNTYWYN wrote:

How about trying a reboot (the electrical type not the size 9 Laughing ) Have a look under the drivers seat tomorrow, is there a way of disconnecting the power totally via a connector plug or maybe there's a dedicated fuse. Try that or disconnect the battery.

Post #80551 12th Nov 2010 8:22 pm
JOHNTYWYN

Wales 

Thanks for the tip; but battery disconnection can cause all sorts of liquorish !!! I think I will just stick with Mr. Tom

Post #80640 13th Nov 2010 10:32 pm
mudslinger

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra Black
Sat Nav...

JOHNTYWYN wrote:
Thanks for the tip; but battery disconnection can cause all sorts of liquorish !!! I think I will just stick with Mr. Tom

If you go to W H Smith you can buy a road atlas (paper see)

Now all I got to explain to the missus, is what the 18 year old blonde
female is doing sitting next to me every time I go to work ...!!!

(Honest love .... it,s the new Sat Nav ..) Wales
Were the mud is thicker, and the ruts are deeper.
(And we have the water to wash it off, and more on the way..! )
Sd4 and chrome Ar*e piece, Auto box for best fun
09 Xs Gone
12 xs Gone
HSE with Leather seats and 4 years warrenty.. staying for now !

Post #80648 14th Nov 2010 7:57 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>