Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > MPG New Record (for me)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi wingit,

I always use your method everytime I fill up. I write down the mileage on the till receipt and do the calculation when I get home. I have found that the car figure to be fairly close to my calculations. The 44mpg will have dropped by the time I fill up again due to crossing the city a few times.

When you have a fair distance to and from work every day, you tend to drive more economically? unless you have lots of money to throw away on fuel? Very Happy Very Happy

Post #66937 22nd Apr 2010 7:07 pm
psyxologos

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Seriously, how do you guys get so good miles to the gallon? My FL2 (2008 model, diesel auto HSE) is almost NEVER achieving better consumption than 30 miles to the gallon. My 3 litre petrol BMW gets 36 or 37 miles to the gallon (over a full tank refuel) when driven on the motorway...

What am I doing wrong in my FL2?

Post #67218 26th Apr 2010 1:57 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Just returned from a weeks fishing on the North Esk between Brechin and Aberdeen covering about 1100 miles of mostly motorway driving at about 75 - 80mph and returned 34.5 mpg. Not bad for pushing a large potting shed through the air at about 95ft/second.

Tenet

ps a couple of salmon to boot MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #67236 26th Apr 2010 10:51 am
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

psyxologos wrote:
Seriously, how do you guys get so good miles to the gallon? My FL2 (2008 model, diesel auto HSE) is almost NEVER achieving better consumption than 30 miles to the gallon. My 3 litre petrol BMW gets 36 or 37 miles to the gallon (over a full tank refuel) when driven on the motorway...

What am I doing wrong in my FL2?

It all depends on the driving that you are doing and how fast you are going and what there is in the car. Not rocket science I know. When I first got mine, me an wifey went to the coast. No great hurry as there was ice all over the place and we had the cruise on 50 mph. 42 mpg on the OBC. Did 300 miles mainly motorway at 70mph, from full and when I got home the range was going to be over 550 miles, about 37-38 mpg.

It gets caned with stop start driving, yours, like mine is a sludge pump, there is the Aircon and everything else that sucks a bit of power...

I average 30mpg... Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #67246 26th Apr 2010 12:37 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

as soon as you go over 70 mph in a 4X4 the mpg will plummett due to the aerodynamics and the sheer mass.

for decent economy and comfort on the motorway between 65 and 70 mph is better.

if you need speed on the motorway you would be better with a saloon, something like a BMW 330D or similar.

Iain

Post #67250 26th Apr 2010 1:16 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345