Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > MPG New Record (for me)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
mojo

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey

Went round the M25 and down M3 today, zeroed the trip comp on the way back, actually had mpg at 46 for at least 20 mins. Generally steady at 70mph with a few bits down to 50 because of roadworks. By the time we got home, reading was 39ish and it had been stable at around that for a while. Guess once its back to short journeys will be back down to 30mpg tops.

Post #64209 20th Mar 2010 9:35 pm
garryac

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

I did a run from home to Guildford town centre yesterday ...around 80 miles...average consumption 44.8

Post #64229 21st Mar 2010 9:40 am
FR2471

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

I went to Kempton Park yesterday and averaged 32mpg on the M3 mainly, and around town as said before average about 22mpg in my i6. Seems from reading this that the petrol engine is not as far away from the dizeasel auto as I expected. I have to say I enjoy the petrol auto more than the dizeasel manual I had prior to this - probably because the clutch and gearbox was terrible on the early cars Whistle .

Post #64240 21st Mar 2010 10:52 am
Carnoch

The way it's going with fuel prices, we might as well all sell our gaz guzzlers and go public transport! Seriously, if fuel prices continue, much as I like the LR's, they will be consigned to the dump and the newer zero road tax, 90mpg fuel efficient bland heaps that prolifierate the roads, will be on the shopping list. If you rationalise, it's 30 mile round trip to go to the shops. That's 5.28 quid in diesel. Three times a week, 52 weeks a year, equals 824 quid. If someone said, you'd save 550 quid plus 225 quid excise at least, without any other trips or outing, I'd say it's a no brainer.

Post #64244 21st Mar 2010 12:11 pm
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Has anyone else noticed that the last time that the price of a barrel of crude was approx $75, which is what it is now, the pump price was just a shade over £1 litre. Now it's 15p more, at least!

Hopefully if we find oil in the falklands, we can keep it all, seeing as though ALL south and north america has snubbed us Very Happy and hopefully it'll be cheaper.

Oh sorry that was me thinking about something that will never happen! Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #64250 21st Mar 2010 2:35 pm
Carnoch

Yes, it is. It's like the north sea oil. We promised it toi all our EU buddies at a low price and at the expense of our Domestic Market - You and I!

All thats happening is Politicians of all parties tell us to be Green, when thats an excuse for hiking up petrol prices. It's like Cigarettes and Drink to a lesser degree. I don't do either, but even I can see what they are doing and trying to tell us they are saving our health.

Post #64252 21st Mar 2010 2:48 pm
tonka

United Kingdom 

Looks like the good times are gone petrol, cost of living up, vat going up next year, house prices crashing,our pensions gone tits up, & in a few months time the muppets in London will be asking for your votes Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter If I had all the money I spent on Beer!, I'd spend it on Beer!.

Post #64254 21st Mar 2010 3:04 pm
trg

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

First real trip out this weekend - returned 35.8mpg over 340 miles of mixed roads, mostly country A and B roads, lots of bloody roundabouts, driven "normally" rather than timidly. Not at all unhappy with that. Its done 700-and-something miles in total and is auto 'box. Even had the air con on!

Post #64267 21st Mar 2010 6:00 pm
Myrtles mum and dad

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Dudes
For the record we got Myrtle up to 34 mpg on a gentle run from guildford area up to the NEC.

I get 30 dead on from my disco 2 so was a little shocked at Myrtle's addiction, still I've got the bloody thing now and no sod is going to dictate what car I drive. I would much rather buy a car that was made by a bloke up the road and should last 15 years than a tiny tin box that was made in christ knows where and then put on a bloody great ship and sailed half way around the world and then fall to bits or kills me 'cause the pedals fell off.

There is nothing like a good rant on a Sunday afternoon

Myrtles Dad Wes and Claire
Series III lightweight ,Warhorse
Series II Discovery ,Northwestern
Freelander 2 TD4 SE ,Myrtle

Post #64271 21st Mar 2010 6:32 pm
Myrtles mum and dad

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Dudes

By the way i am not getting too wound up by my cars fuel figures as the computer seems to generate numbers in a random manner not unlike the enigma machine..

The range drops by miles and miles in a matter of yards and then go up again even when cruising.......maybe the car is trying to communicate with me by using the prime numbers from the zeeman series?

Wes Wes and Claire
Series III lightweight ,Warhorse
Series II Discovery ,Northwestern
Freelander 2 TD4 SE ,Myrtle

Post #64273 21st Mar 2010 6:40 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

A nice 190 mile round trip to the coast today, mixture of A and b roads, some dual carriageway some roundabouts, traffic jams etc and an average of 38.4. I would have struggled to better that in a manual so this auto box is not as bad as I first thought

Post #64280 21st Mar 2010 7:20 pm
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Just a side note on fuel prices:
When VAT was reduced, 2p was added to a litre of derv/petrol to compensate. When the rate returned to 17.5% the 2p stayed there and fuel increase by 2.5%. I think this is what they refer to as a stealth tax. I call it something else.
There was a petition to D(r)owning Street - hope you got to sign it....

Post #64282 21st Mar 2010 7:34 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Had a trip today over to the Lecht, then back over the mountains to ballater, then back home. About 130 miles in total, averaged 34mpg....and that was in the D3 Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #64298 21st Mar 2010 8:25 pm
landieguy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey

Pleasant surprise - weekend away trip from Essex down to Wokingham via A12, M25, M4 usual roadworks stop start and accidents to contend with. Returned M25 via stop off in rural Kent. Reading 37mpg over the 330 plus miles. Auto box Air Con off.
I would class my driving style as "careful" but not intentionally frugal - bit a job in the FL2 as any throttle seems to give " Censored of a shovel" performance. Going to get a ticket - I can feel it coming - HST so quiet and smooth found myself coming out of the Dartford Tunnel at 80mph - Oops 50 mph limit

Post #64444 22nd Mar 2010 10:52 pm
trg

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Am not surprised to hear your " Censored off a shovel" description - mine really doesn't hang about. My "other" car (not the airportable. lol...) is 0-62mph in 4.8 sec so i'm kinda used to shifting along, but I've no complaints about my FL2. I'm in Essex too -we should compare notes landieguy

Post #64448 22nd Mar 2010 11:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>