Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Compatible mobiles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

Whn i picked up my FL2 SE they was "VERY suprised" to hear that a phone didn't work with the bluetooth radio/phone.

My new SE K800i turned off every time i tried to connect, (tried on a HSE in show room aswell), were as my old SE K750i worked with the system.

After numours phone calls and emails with both SE and landrover i gave up trying.

BUT, there has been a software update from SE (you can find this on their website, small program which will check for updates for your phone sofeware when you tell it to). the latest update has now got my K800i working with the system.

So if your having problems, check your phones software!!!! Smile Smile

Post #4142 28th Jun 2007 9:47 pm
joe1978

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Has anyone one asked LandRover why the PTI doesn't support N- and E- series nokia phones?

This must be a major oversight on their behalf. I like my nokia(s)!

I thought bluetooth was a standardised communication method, but I could be wrong. Is it a symbian OS issue? The whole thing really confuses me.

Joe

Post #4169 29th Jun 2007 11:09 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

When i was have my problems, LR said it was that the FL2 was in the design process for so long, bluetooth technology on phones moved forward.

If you ask me that was a excuse, when most bluetooth devices are compatable to both V1.0 & V2.0 bluetooth.

I think the system is based on a Motorola design as all there phones seem to be "Fully Compatable"

But when my phones comes up for exchange & renewel I hope the new iPod phone works as that looks like the dogs b*@@*cks

Post #4172 29th Jun 2007 11:45 am
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Amazing that parrot or tom tom have no problems with this - so why do LR? D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #4186 30th Jun 2007 12:04 pm
Aliman

Lebanon 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Just got myself the New Nokia Communicator E90 and HORRRRRAAAAAY it connects and can make and recieve calls with it. Havent tried transfering phone book because I have over 600 Contacts so that would take a while, but going to get some food and take a drive and try it out now Smile

Post #4194 30th Jun 2007 6:12 pm
joe1978

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Aliman wrote:
Just got myself the New Nokia Communicator E90 and HORRRRRAAAAAY it connects and can make and recieve calls with it. Havent tried transfering phone book because I have over 600 Contacts so that would take a while, but going to get some food and take a drive and try it out now Smile

Oooh, is the E90 Symbian V3? Let us know how you get on.

Joe

Post #4207 30th Jun 2007 10:39 pm
Aliman

Lebanon 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

OK so my New Nokia Communicator E90 which Uses Symbian S60 Version 3 is not only a great great phone but also works with the stoooooooooooopid car kit, now it recieves and makes calls etc etc but it cant load the phonebook (and who can blame it with over 600 contacts in it I wonder how long it would take if it could!!) well if there is an update or whatever which would work with the E series I really hope to get it soon, so that I can use all my new toys for big boys Wink

Post #4461 10th Jul 2007 7:54 am
looney_loey

United States 
PDA Cellphones

With regards to PDA Cellphones... I'm using a T-Mobile (USA) MDA with Windows Mobile 5
(HTC Wizard Model)

I was able to make it work with my LR2 in minutes after doing the pairing and setting-up the Port to receieve it.

Here's the procedure: (NOTE: May vary with other Phone Models please proceed with caution)

On your PDA
1. go to bluetooth setting
2. make sure it's on and discoverable
3. create a new partnership
4. "My Car" will appear as a new Bluetooth device
5. Select service to use from this device (if prompted)
6. Check the "Hands Free" box and save setting
7. on COM Ports select INCOMING PORT and choose a PORT - (ex. COM7)

(this maybe the problem I see with other phones... when i connect to my GPS receiver
(got Tomtom6 for PDA) I use OUTGOING PORT as my PDA connects TO MY GPS DEVICE for satellite signal right? ...right!

TO ALLOW OTHER DEVICES to CONNECT (like the case of LR2 BT telephone system) you need INCOMING PORT to open-up, IT IS THE OTHER WAY AROUND, YOUR LR2 is the one connecting to your phone.

Hope this would help. Very Happy Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4468 10th Jul 2007 7:00 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame
Re: PDA Cellphones

looney_loey wrote:
With regards to PDA Cellphones... I'm using a T-Mobile (USA) MDA with Windows Mobile 5
(HTC Wizard Model)

I was able to make it work with my LR2 in minutes after doing the pairing and setting-up the Port to receieve it.

Here's the procedure: (NOTE: May vary with other Phone Models please proceed with caution)

On your PDA
1. go to bluetooth setting
2. make sure it's on and discoverable
3. create a new partnership
4. "My Car" will appear as a new Bluetooth device
5. Select service to use from this device (if prompted)
6. Check the "Hands Free" box and save setting
7. on COM Ports select INCOMING PORT and choose a PORT - (ex. COM7)

(this maybe the problem I see with other phones... when i connect to my GPS receiver
(got Tomtom6 for PDA) I use OUTGOING PORT as my PDA connects TO MY GPS DEVICE for satellite signal right? ...right!

TO ALLOW OTHER DEVICES to CONNECT (like the case of LR2 BT telephone system) you need INCOMING PORT to open-up, IT IS THE OTHER WAY AROUND, YOUR LR2 is the one connecting to your phone.

Hope this would help. Very Happy

So, if I'm reading this right, I actually create the partnership from my phone (Step 3) rather than from my car, as I normally would? So is the car's bluetooth "discoverable" and does it need a PIN?

Post #4479 10th Jul 2007 11:23 pm
looney_loey

United States 

Yup..

Here goes a step by step procedure

1. create a partnership with your PDA first.

2. it will detect/recognize LR2's bluetooth with an automatic name "My Car" (with a cute headset icon Laughing )

3. then on your LR2 click and search for bluetooth phone

4. upon recognizing your PDA, a prompt will appear on your PDA saying your LR2 wanted to pair.

5. at the same time a PIN CODE will appear on your LR2's mini screen Laughing (not the NAV screen Sad )

6. enter this CODE in your PDA. (Memorize it as it will ask you again just like what happened when I paired my wife's PDA when it won't pair the first time)

7. Upon succesfull pairing, on your PDA It will ask you what kind of service will you use

8. a box with a Hand Free will appear on your PDA

9. check/click/tick the box and FINISH

10. NOW goto COM PORTS on your PDA

11. Add an INCOMING PORT and select whatever port and uncheck the SECURE box
(for some reason I can't figure out it won't go if the SECURE box is check/tick

12. WHAALAAAA!!! DIAL A NUMBER TURN UP THE VOLUME and enjoy talking to your phone via LR2 speakers with the whole neighbor hearing you Wink

Thumbs Up Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4481 11th Jul 2007 4:10 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

looney_loey wrote:
Yup..

Here goes a step by step procedure

1. create a partnership with your PDA first.

Unfortunately, I fall at the first hurdle. If I try and create the pairing from my PDA, it doesn't find anything to pair with (I suspect "My Car" is not discoverable). If I try to pair from my car, it finds my PDA, gives me the PIN, but when I enter the PIN into my PDA I just get a failed to connect message immediately on the car and after 10 seconds or so on PDA.

Post #4490 11th Jul 2007 8:32 am
ColoradoLR2

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Narvik Black

I tried this procedure and it worked the first time it paired, as has been my experience with previous attempts. However, when I switched the bluetooth connection to another phone and then back to my Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard WM 5.0) it does what it has done the other times I've tried, it appears to make a connection but then won't switch to handsfree when I dial on the handset or attempt a call when I dial using the phone key pad. Frustrating Banging Head Greg East
Loveland, Colorado
USA
'08 LR2 Hers
'93 740i Mine
'87 944 turbo Mistress

Post #4510 11th Jul 2007 9:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
looney_loey

United States 

NightFox wrote:
Unfortunately, I fall at the first hurdle. If I try and create the pairing from my PDA, it doesn't find anything to pair with (I suspect "My Car" is not discoverable). If I try to pair from my car, it finds my PDA, gives me the PIN, but when I enter the PIN into my PDA I just get a failed to connect message immediately on the car and after 10 seconds or so on PDA.

Ok here's what I did... I deleted my wife's PDA and started all over again...

using the same steps above, it took me 5 to 10 times (lost count actually Laughing ) before I was able to pair it.
succesfull but weird as it took me half an hour to do it.

If all things fail..I think you just need to talk to her (your LR2 as if she has life Whistle )
and tell her "common please make it work.. i'll wash you everyday Mr. Green ) Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4512 12th Jul 2007 2:12 am
looney_loey

United States 

ColoradoLR2 wrote:
I tried this procedure and it worked the first time it paired, as has been my experience with previous attempts. However, when I switched the bluetooth connection to another phone and then back to my Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard WM 5.0) it does what it has done the other times I've tried, it appears to make a connection but then won't switch to handsfree when I dial on the handset or attempt a call when I dial using the phone key pad. Frustrating Banging Head

Quote:
8. a box with a Hand Free will appear on your PDA

dude i think you just miss to tick/put a check on the box.
try doing it again and let me know if it works Very Happy Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4513 12th Jul 2007 2:17 am
efthys

Cyprus 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy IT WORKS MY I-MATE JAMin WORKS FINE Except Voice command Big Cry but IT WORKS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up THANK YOU !!!

Post #4516 12th Jul 2007 6:20 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>