« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Compatible mobiles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
Cypress

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi,

The PTI system is made by Continental, probalby more famous for tyres ..........

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/...er_en.html

Found this whilist googling for Freelander 2 stuff Smile

Paul;

Post #3150 18th May 2007 11:43 am
Freddy

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

Excellent detective work there Cypress Thumbs Up “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #3151 18th May 2007 12:00 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Freddy the pti is better with a phone that works on Fl2, but so many don't. Like I said neither of my Nokias work with it, yet on the RRS and D3 system which is Nokia built even the N95 works, agreed not with the same function, but by using the car's own voice dialing system it is perfectly usable. LR need to sort this fast, if you are buying a premium product you would expect customers to have the latest technology and not to be able to connect phones that are a year out of date is a joke. D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #3176 19th May 2007 6:34 pm
Freddy

Fully agree with you there pelyma particularly about the voice dialling aspect.

The RRS & D3 store their own voice tags, whereas the FL2 only can use the phones own tags.

Really neither of then systems are even close to perfect, you’d be better off not bothering with the PTI & going for a Parrott instead. As you say for such a premium product it’s a shame.

At least on our Freelander the PTI was already on it, but I ordered & paid for the system on my Sport & am disgusted I did so Banging Head “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Last edited by Freddy on 20th May 2007 11:05 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #3186 20th May 2007 1:48 pm
Freddy

Duplicate post .............…….sorry Embarassed “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #3187 20th May 2007 1:48 pm
Aliman

Lebanon 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hey there Just bought a LR3 today here in Kuwait and will be picking it up either tommorow or the day after, but was wondring about the Nokia N80 and whether it works.
and if there is sort of check list of things I should kind of check up on while im at the dealer (heard about the reverse mirror seting and what not so im wodering)
Oh by the way its a i6 HSE Stronway Grey Razz cant wait

Post #3188 20th May 2007 1:56 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Cypress wrote:
Hi,

The PTI system is made by Continental, probalby more famous for tyres ..........

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/...er_en.html

Found this whilist googling for Freelander 2 stuff Smile

Paul;

Although it's supplied/manufacturered by Continental, the PTI system is effectively a Motorola one as they developed it (unlike the Nokia-developed one that I think is fitted to other LRs) - Continental bought-out Motorola's car electronics division last year. So I'd say that the best compatability is likely to be with current or recent Motorola mobiles.

Last edited by NightFox on 21st May 2007 9:53 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #3223 21st May 2007 7:30 pm
Freddy

Ah ha, so I was correct in my original suspicions that Motorola were behind the Freelander’s PTI.

The most prevalent number of compatible phones on the list are indeed Motorola.

Anyway, just to go back to a question I have............

Does anyone have any experience with the Nokia 6131 being compatable with the PTI ??? “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #3224 21st May 2007 7:55 pm
NightFox

Here’s my experience of trying to get a Windows Mobile 5 device (T-Mobile MDA Compact III) working with the PTI...

When I try to add a new handset, the PTI always finds my phone, but when I try to pair with it, 4 out of 5 times it fails after I type the pairing code into my phone. However, on that other 1 in 5 attempts, it will still say it has failed, but the phone will appear in the PTI’s list, and “My Car” appears in the list of paired devices on my phone. And when it does that, everything seems to work fine, although sometimes there’s no sound until the call is answered. But it’s only OK until the ignition is turned off. When I next start up the car and try to use the PTI, to make a call, it will appear as if it is connected to the phone, but when I try to dial a number, it just says “Dialling...” for about 10 seconds before just going back to displaying the name of the phone on the PTI screen, and during this time my phone shows no indication that it is even trying to dial out.

But here’s the weird bit: when I turn off the ignition, my phone will then dial the number I was trying to dial through the PTI! It’s as if killing the ignition kicks the PTI into doing something. To me that suggests that the PTI is capable of working with a WM5 device, it just won’t at the moment.

Does anyone know if the software on the PTI is flash-upgradeable? Though even if it is I guess it would come down to whether we could get any upgrades through LR in the first place. I won’t hold my breath.

I can’t say I’m disappointed that I can’t get the PTI to work with my device, as I knew before I got my FL2 that it wouldn’t (according to the LR list), but it’s still frustrating to be missing out on cool technology. Changing my phone isn’t an option, as it’s a full-size PDA, phone and TomTom GPS rolled into one and I’d be lost without it. I just don’t understand how I can buy a Bluetooth headset and it’ll work with just about any phone, but this PTI (which is effectively the same thing) doesn’t work with loads of phones. Surely there’s meant to be a standard for these things?

Post #3225 21st May 2007 7:57 pm
PT

Netherlands 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

NightFox wrote:
When I try to add a new handset, the PTI always finds my phone, but when I try to pair with it, 4 out of 5 times it fails after I type the pairing code into my phone. However, on that other 1 in 5 attempts, it will still say it has failed, but the phone will appear in the PTI’s list, and “My Car” appears in the list of paired devices on my phone. And when it does that, everything seems to work fine, although sometimes there’s no sound until the call is answered.

I have something similar with my SE P990.
The car has been delivered to me last Friday and I have not had the time to test everything.
I will update my comments in the coming days/weeks.

Post #3226 21st May 2007 8:31 pm
khbauge

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Hi, everyone! First of all, a big thank you to all you forum members who contribute here. I have learnt a lot the last month while waiting for my FL2 to be delivered in Norway. So to the point: Landrover has published an updated list over compatible phones (version 2.0):

http://www.landrover.co.uk/assets/gb/en/Ve...edures.pdf

Post #3228 21st May 2007 8:39 pm
Freddy

I’ve just seen listed on the new updated list of compatible phones, that the SE-K750i is now fully compatible, albeit with a particular software version.

I’ve checked our phone & found that the software version is not as listed on LR’s list.

so my question to those of you a bit more tech savvy than I is……. How or where do I go about upgrading or changing our K750i to the required version of software ??

Or indeed, is it even possible to do so ?? “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #3353 24th May 2007 11:55 am
NightFox

Freddy wrote:
I’ve just seen listed on the new updated list of compatible phones, that the SE-K750i is now fully compatible, albeit with a particular software version.

I’ve checked our phone & found that the software version is not as listed on LR’s list.

so my question to those of you a bit more tech savvy than I is……. How or where do I go about upgrading or changing our K750i to the required version of software ??

Or indeed, is it even possible to do so ??

Best place to start checking would be your service provider, as some will occasionally post software updates (some providers are better than others). Next stop, try the manufacturer’s web site. Otherwise, try searching the forums on a site like www.modaco.com. However, if you do find an update online, make sure you fully understand what you need to do, as a failed upgrade can completely lock a mobile phone (known as “bricking” because it turns your phone into a useless brick!), so much so that it would need to be returned to the manufacturer. Saying that, as long as you’re careful and follow directions carefully, you shouldn’t have a problem.

Post #3354 24th May 2007 12:24 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Freddy

I had a K750i which wouldn't work at all. If they've changed things now, but your phone still doesn't work, go to the SonyEricsson website and you have an option to flash upgrade the operating system on your phone. It's free, and can be done with your standard data cable. Make sure your phone is fully charged up before starting. The instructions are really easy to follow, I had to do the same with a new W850i which I bought due to the 750i not working!

If you struggle, drop me a pm and I'll try to dig out the process I followed.

BG

Post #3355 24th May 2007 12:26 pm
Freddy

Cheers for the replies guys.

I’ll have a look around the internet this evening to see what I can turn up.

Although I must admit to not being very successful on Sony Ericsson’s site. I can’t seem to find where I can look up a particular firmware version. With the site only saying to me that my phone’s software is up to date & not offering the choice of a different firmware version.

So I’m a bit stumped at the moment, but will persevere Confused “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #3357 24th May 2007 3:45 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>