Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What Would You Buy? (Excited Newbie Owner)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Lightwater wrote:
Carpet in the door pockets to stop things rattling & sliding around.

or have it rammed full of old parking tickets, sweet wrappers etc so stuff cant rattle about Whistle

same with boot floor protectors, Id never see it if I had one Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #299014 20th May 2016 9:05 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

westville wrote:
Okay dumb question time

Why a compressor?
Surely there aren't that many flat kangaroos out there Shocked

Lower tyre pressure for off road then pump them up. Also if one is 500+km from road service it is easier to fix it yourself, unless the tyre is completely stuffed. Why I'm shoving a second spare on the roof platform & tyre repair kit it in the boot.

In a northern NSW country town (Boarder Ranges area) years ago got a flat & had to buy a new tyre, the repair shop said they got about 30 a week. A stone simply went through the tyre & snapped off inside the tyre!

Finally, why not, more useful than chrome tail pipes! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Last edited by Lightwater on 20th May 2016 11:51 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #299015 20th May 2016 9:16 am
westville

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Quote:
Finally, why not, more useful than chrome tail pipes!

I was only asking - Big Cry
It's pretty rough up here but not like you lot have it down under Bow down No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

"Fiat Lux" a philosophy not a car

Post #299025 20th May 2016 11:03 am
fourbie

United Kingdom 

Just to update you all, loving the new motor, Im a definite convert, although a totally different driving style to my sporty Audi I used to have! Laughing

So Ive bought:

2016 Satnav Discs (Simple google will tell you where from) - Working fine and a new local road is on it, so this confirms everything is fine and updated.

New mats and boot liner - All from Ebay, aftermarket ones, suits me fine.

LED Interior/Exterior Lights : All from Fizzmo, Im clearly short of a couple, need to do Rear Plate Lights, Map Lights, Glovebox and Under door lights. All including Mirror Puddle lights are now a cool white LED.

Osram Nightbreakers : Not installed yet. So cannot comment on performance.

Smoked Crystal Side Repeaters : Look good on chrome vents again Stornoway grey - Well, at least the missus approves!

In the Post: New silver dash trim to replace the Walnut Strips : Only £35 for the lot from a breaker.

So this brings me more or less up to date with where I want to be with the car right now, few little extra touches have made all the difference, albeit cosmetic.

Photos will be along this weekend, after a clean.

Post #299465 26th May 2016 12:44 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Just a tip with the headlights. When you remove them to fit the" "Night Breakers" , at the same time pop in a pair of Phillips Blue Vision side light bulbs. They are legal , and look very nice and white ( of course you may have already bought LED sidelight bulbs which will do the same thing ). The headlight release catch is very fragile and made of recycled plastic from Chinese toy rejects, but if it snaps on you don't panic, you can still reach down to the bottom of the catch to free the headlight unit and the replacement parts are only a couple of quid.

If you have bought LED for the tail and stop, I'd check in the dark with someone pressing the pedal the difference between the normal bulbs in tail and stop mode, and then see if there is the same( big) difference with LED , one big problem with aftermarket LED bulbs in tail and stop applications is that often, the tail is too bright so when you brake there is not the same visible light increase to signal" braking" to the following vehicles. This is quite a frequent topic on bike forums where being " rear ended" has a more serious consequence than a smashed bumper Whistle 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #299474 26th May 2016 2:51 pm
fourbie

United Kingdom 

Will bear that in mind thanks, Im saving this job for the weekend, with plenty of time and daylight to tinker!..

Im not putting LED in the tail or headlights, Im not fully trusting of them, so for safety sake, will keep normal.

Post #299475 26th May 2016 2:59 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Best after market investment is the fridge in the boot for the beers. Thumbs Up FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #299498 26th May 2016 7:23 pm
mikehzz

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Lago Grey

Quote:
Why a compressor

If you do a lot of off road, you need to let some air out of the tyres. Typically you'll go down to 20ish psi for rough tracks and 15ish for sand dunes and beaches. Letting the air out improves traction by making a longer footprint, improves comfort by cushioning the bumps and also makes it less likely to stake a hole in the tyre from sharp objects. When you hit the tar again, you need to pump the tyres back up for driving at any speed and you can be miles from a garage out here. Most people who off road here have their own compressor.

Post #299521 26th May 2016 10:48 pm
sid

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

my 07 hse has xenon head lights that turn when cornering are these not standard on hse?

Post #299529 27th May 2016 1:51 am
fourbie

United Kingdom 

No, seems to be from 2011(?) onwards it seems.

My 2010 HSE certainly doesnt, just standard Halogen lights.

If I had some spare cash, I'd look to upgrade if possible, but not high on my immediate list.

Post #299534 27th May 2016 8:31 am
Dartman the one

England 

I believe the 2010HSE Lux has them as standard, my 2012MY HSE doesn't. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #299536 27th May 2016 9:50 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12