Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 221 of 338 <123 ... 220221222 ... 336337338>
Print this entire topic · 
Maljdav1

United Kingdom 
Lack of power up hill

I have just purchased a 2003 Td4 Freelander with BMW 2 litre Diesel Auto, 160,000 on the clock but engine changed at 80 k for the BMW unit, I am very new to the field of 4x4 as purchased for my good lady as a Safety Capsule for her commute to her new job. Whilst driving on the usual roads it pulls and drives fine, the odd squeak here and there, but once I hit the motorway and cruising at the 70 mark put my foot to the floor to pass overtaking HGV and nothing, losing power and did not fill me with confidence to let my wife loose in this. Tried dropping gear but a lot of noise but no increase in power......

Can any body assist in pointing me in the right direction as to the possible problem ??
Car has just flew through the MOT and I would like to keep if the problem is a simple fix....

Thanks people..

Post #290520 15th Feb 2016 8:17 pm
hano b

South Africa 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Lago Grey

Hi guy's
Thx for joining.

Post #290971 19th Feb 2016 9:28 pm
taztastic

England 

Your welcome Thumbs Up

Post #290975 19th Feb 2016 9:38 pm
G4rryDuk

Hi all, I'm Garry and after owning a fl1 sport Iv upgraded to a fl2 sport le,

Post #291065 20th Feb 2016 10:19 pm
Marty

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Hi there. I'm in the process of buying a Freelander 2 SD4 HSE from a friend who bought it new in March 2011 and has done 75000 trouble-free miles.

His warranty (never used) expires shortly and my local main dealer has offered to extend it for around £700 p.a. I realise it's all a gamble but I have no idea what the odds are that something major will fail and what it will cost to fix. My insurance premium will treble and my servicing costs quadruple. Money is already tight as I'm paying my friend to fit side steps so I can get in easily. The main dealer's labour charges are £130 per hour plus VAT although they are offering an "Allegiance Discount" which will reduce it to £99 per hour plus VAT. My present servicing costs on my old car using a small local garage are minimal and they also have access to cut-price spares.

I'm willing to extend the warranty but might it be better to save the money each year until I need to spend big-time and then get it done cheaply? As long as the service book is stamped by a decent garage that charges far less than a main dealer, does it makes much difference?

Advice would be very welcome. I'm an elderly man, not terribly clued up, so please keep it simple.

Marty

Post #291118 21st Feb 2016 1:50 pm
Pyriel7422

United Kingdom 
Hello from Staffordshire

Hello All

My name is Brian and i'm in South Staffordshire. After weeks of looking around I have just bought a 2008 Freelander2 SE Auto and I love it wish I got one sooner. The only problem with it is getting the Mrs out of it as she likes it as well. She wasn't impressed when I suggested getting her a little car so I could have the Freelander.

Great Forum one of the best I have been on keep up the good work.

Brian

Post #291223 22nd Feb 2016 11:45 am
Marty

I am getting side steps. Look up Land Rover Side Steps to see several which just bolt on. I'm buying from John Craddock Ltd which are slightly more expensive but are genuine Land Rover parts. A main dealer charges around £800!

Post #291263 22nd Feb 2016 3:21 pm
Marty

I recently registered and been notified that my post has received a reply but I have been unable to access despite my best efforts.

Can you help please?

Post #291265 22nd Feb 2016 3:30 pm
oop north

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Hello - signed up a couple of weeks ago and not posted anything yet. Not got a FL2 - and not completely certain we will, but my wife just disposed of her XC90 (following my purchase of a D4) and the replacement Prius has given her sciatica gip. She is living the D4 but it's a bit big for some of the back streets she has to go on with her work, so considering a FL2.

The D4 appears to have spoiled her somewhat - wants heated, electric seats, must be auto. Test drove a local one a couple of weeks ago that didn't quite hit the spot (no heated seats), which was a shame as twas a reasonable price...

Still looking...

Post #291387 23rd Feb 2016 10:38 am
Ori

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Orkney Grey

Hi have just posted in the Dynamic forum and should of started here Smile Soon to be Freelander owner (sd4 dynamic auto) am gutted to be moving out of a 335dSE coupe but family expanding and have had to accept the inevitable. Anyway, hoping new ride will soften the blow Smile. Being a total newbie to the world of Landrover am hoping to pick up hints / tips and info from here ! Thanks.

Post #291577 25th Feb 2016 12:26 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 
Re: Lack of power up hill

Maljdav1 wrote:
I have just purchased a 2003 Td4 Freelander with BMW 2 litre Diesel Auto, 160,000 on the clock but engine changed at 80 k for the BMW unit, I am very new to the field of 4x4 as purchased for my good lady as a Safety Capsule for her commute to her new job. Whilst driving on the usual roads it pulls and drives fine, the odd squeak here and there, but once I hit the motorway and cruising at the 70 mark put my foot to the floor to pass overtaking HGV and nothing, losing power and did not fill me with confidence to let my wife loose in this. Tried dropping gear but a lot of noise but no increase in power......

Can any body assist in pointing me in the right direction as to the possible problem ??
Car has just flew through the MOT and I would like to keep if the problem is a simple fix....

Thanks people..

You might not get too many responses as most of the people on this forum drive Freelander 2s, and yours is a Freelander 1.
The symptoms you describe are typical of a blocked fuel filter or failing fuel pump.
Our old BMW engine Freelander 1 was very reliable, it was regularly serviced, and took us to the Sahara and back without trouble. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #291591 25th Feb 2016 8:24 am
Dizzykebab

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Took a year but got a Landrover back again bit smaller than my Disco but still lovely

Post #291749 26th Feb 2016 10:45 am
Sidestick

Italy 
Hi

Hello folks,
Sidestick is here from Disco3 forum.
Many thanks to all have been contributed to fill this forum.

Regards.

Post #291928 28th Feb 2016 11:23 am
fox 2

United Kingdom 

Hello. Long time lurker and owner of a 09 HSE

Post #291941 28th Feb 2016 1:20 pm
freers

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi all

Looking forward to collecting a MY07 FL2, HSE spec with HST upgrades, at the weekend for my better half. I have read through some threads and found much of use already - hoping to avoid any major problems, but really enjoyed the test drive and can't wait to put it through it's paces properly.

best regards to all
Neil

Post #292089 29th Feb 2016 3:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 221 of 338 <123 ... 220221222 ... 336337338>