Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > RR Evoque convertible
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Dartman the one

England 

They are manual or auto, but no 2WD option, with the extra weight you need AWD to mount the kerbs in Knightsbridge when parking Laughing my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #289346 4th Feb 2016 1:00 pm
pfjths

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I saw one today driving around west Wiltshire. Presumably on trials as it was covered in a disruptive paint job. Had to take a double take on it. Definitely does nothing to improve the look of the Evoque, but I guess those in Chelsea may like it. More interestingly it was followed by a couple of what may have been Jaguar F types with modifications also in a disruptive paint job.

Post #289390 4th Feb 2016 6:07 pm
j77

Scotland 

Steve D wrote:
Still get more people going from Land Rovers to Range Rovers than the other way round. Not many who change, go back either. I can honestly say my Evoque had more of a premium feel about it than the brand new Discovery Sport HSE courtesy car I had recently. Mind you, I've never had a RRS or FFRR to compare it with - might have a different view if I did! Nice though they may well be, either would be far too big for our needs and besides the initial cost, I would imagine the running costs of them to be juuuuust a teeny weeny bit higher than an Evoque. Laughing

If it has the Range Rover badge on the bonnet and a price tag to match it has to walk the walk and talk the talk. There would be something amiss if the Evoque didn't feel premium compared to the DS.

The FFRR is on my shopping list, it's the one LR I want to own before I peg it. I will wait until the new Defender is announced then decide whether it's a new Defender or 3-4 year old FFRR Vogue SE SDV8.

I can tick Disco 3, Disco 4, Fl2, Evoque and Disco Sport of the bucket list Laughing 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #289404 4th Feb 2016 7:43 pm
GSKM

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Orkney Grey

rjc1944 wrote:

Then sat in and examined a Disco Sport on the forecourt - dreadful. Cheap interior compared to my Freelander and ridiculously cramped for any tall passenger in the back. Doesn't have the same attraction externally either. I think it's a real step back from the FL2.

I'm 6'1" and when I took the DS off road on a driving day I found here was plenty of room in the back, more so than the FL2. The rear seat was fully back and the boot looked bigger too.

Some other thoughts, having seen the Evoque convertible it is very small inside. Too small for me to get a small child in sat in a child seat and get comfortable. (One reason the A4 cab went).

Quality looked good to me. Only thing I didn't like was the gloss panel with some of the switches on. The stereo knob looked a bit dainty too, not like our big soft feel thing. Quality wise, the interior of my MY15 FL2 is not up to my 06 plate Audi A4. I dislike the sharp edged panel around the gear stick, (feel forward by your leg and the lower front corner is horrible).

The Evoque convertible will sell. This crap about it not being a proper RR is just that. It is a smaller RR to appeal to those who don't want or need a full size one. If it sells its good for JLR and us who buy their products. Just look at how popular the Evoque has been. I remember all this anti comments when the Freelander was first introduced, as it was perceived to dilute the brand. Look at how LR suffered when they didn't produce new vehicles and just relied on the S3 and RR.

Gav.

Post #289543 5th Feb 2016 7:05 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

spotted one today, seems BMW supply the indicator stalk

https://www.facebook.com/verhulokalke/videos/943231935766964/ At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #289867 9th Feb 2016 12:05 pm
GSKM

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Orkney Grey

Saw my first one on the roads yesterday, a white one with roof down heading south on the M 6 toll.

Gav.

Post #300350 8th Jun 2016 8:39 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Well today I accompanied my sister to the dealers to places an order for the Evoque Convertible. The dealer rang her to say they had a vehicle in the showroom.

There was a few things that made her not place an order today. First thing was the paint job well lack of it Rolling Eyes On the front right wing once the door was open the inner wing was not fully painted. Photo is not the best quality as the lighting is very bright in the showrooms.

[URL=]

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Also the door side shuts were not the same shade as the passenger side. The drivers side was a much lighter shade.

As the windscreen is very tall and the car is high up your head/eyes are the same level as the top of the A pillar. Even with the seat at the furtherest back setting you have you lean back to get in the car without hitting your face of the A pillar corner. Not much of a problem if your fit and healthy but if someone has back problems then it will be a nightmare getting in and out.
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

The water ingress in the rear led brake light was excessive. Christ L322's and bad for blowing their led tails lights resulting in a new brake light! We've had 5 new brakes lights for one L322 till date!

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

The funny thing was that the sales had not picked none of these issues up at all until we pointed it out Rolling Eyes we were told that as JLR were in a hurry that's why the car is as is. Sister now thinking of keeping her 3 door Evoque a bit longer!

Here is some more pictures...
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Last edited by LR NUT on 5th Jul 2016 10:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #302059 5th Jul 2016 10:06 pm
Joany Rover

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

Lets get back to Proper 4x4', these are just cars.

Post #302061 5th Jul 2016 10:14 pm
j77

Scotland 

The Evoque convertible is hideous. My dealer has the same spec and colour dumped in their compound where it belongs.

I had a look when I was up paying the £500 deposit for the D5, which now looks like I will take a Landmark. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #302122 6th Jul 2016 5:34 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Off Topic
Make sure you get at least £4,000 off the Landmark bud. This is the norm for many dealers! MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #302144 6th Jul 2016 9:20 pm
j77

Scotland 

I was thinking more along the lines of £6k Laughing

I've dealt with the same guy for the last 10 years so a deal that's good for both shouldn't be a problem. He's got a customer willing to wait for my one as, the guy can't justify the cost of HSE/Lux Graphite/Landmark and the SEs seem to be a rarity especially with xenon headlights. Puts me in a good position Thumbs Up

It's just a waiting game to see what the D5 will be like, the look of it doesn't fill me with confidence but it should drive nice being based on the D7u platform. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #302161 7th Jul 2016 8:30 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12