Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > new Freelander 2 and Bulb and wiper woes .....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Jimyamaha

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
new Freelander 2 and Bulb and wiper woes .....

Hi all, i an new here and picked up a Freelander 2 2012 SD4 HSE yesterday and love it. Expect when it gets dark and the lights are pointing 2 m in front of the car and pitch black beyond. So out on an unlit road with a screwdriver to adjust the beam - a bit better.
So today went to Halfords to get some brighter bulbs to replace the candles that are fitted and the handbook says H7.....
.... when i got back home to fit them , i take the headlight out to find they are not H7 that are in there ..... look like H11 so back i go to Halfords to get some H11's and they don't have any decent bulbs in H11. No joy with the lighting front.
Then it rained. The wipers were silent and really good. For 5 mins then they judder and make such a racket. So back to halfords toget replacement wipers. Get back home to fit them and the bloke at halfords who 'helped' me gave me the wrong type. So back to halfords ... got the right ones and went home again to fit them. After fitting i went out to try them and yes they were great for 2 mins then back to juddering. Looks like the wiper arm may be touching the bonnet so i will adjust tomorrow to see if that improves things.
Is there a measurement from bottom of the windscreen to the wiper to set it to ??

Post #279301 24th Oct 2015 6:21 pm
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

Go back to Halfords Laughing and get some Rain X.
Clean the front screen and wiper blades with with a small amount of vinegar to remove the traffic film/grease and apply a coat of Rain X as per the instructions.
You wont hardly need the wipers after putting that stuff on as the rain just beads and blows away, but if you do it stops the judder.

For you headlamp bulbs go to Powerbulbs, on line, next day delivery excellent service, just check to make sure what bulbs are in yours, my handbook was wrong too, mine were HB3's £26 delivered, Nightbreaker Unlimited

Post #279308 24th Oct 2015 7:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1