Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Recent Metropolis owner reliability advise.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Ben LR2

2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

The car is slowly getting worse with a squeaky window and rattling speaker surround. Still waiting for two different dealerships to call me back after I have chased them for two days offering them my business if they can get good of a Mrtropolis. Neither have called back. No compensation has been given and yet I still have a broken car, that's slowly getting worse.

Audi q5 any good? Big Cry

Post #235667 23rd Sep 2014 6:47 pm
maffy

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

Hi Ben,
Hunters of Chester has a Silver Metropolis in their showroom last weekend, might still be there.
or try Guy Salmon of Knutsford, also the LR dealer in Leicester had one a couple of weeks ago.

Good Luck. Hit it he said, Hit it!--So I hit it, then he hit me---Doh!

Post #235668 23rd Sep 2014 7:31 pm
trevorb1

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Fuji White

Ben,

Marshalls at Melton Mowbray had a Firenze Red Metropolis in their show room on Saturday.

Post #235741 24th Sep 2014 12:14 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Ben LR2 wrote:

Audi q5 any good? Big Cry

A BMW X3 is better Whistle Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #235748 24th Sep 2014 1:28 pm
Ben LR2

If I could find a 14 plate one in the new shape I would get one. Looked everywhere and nothing about.

Post #235754 24th Sep 2014 2:36 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

try farnells in Leeds, they bought a load of freelanders recently and say its their most popular sale

i can't believe your car is as bad as you say it is Confused , it must be shocking and one of those occasionsl were you would need to hear it to believe it Wink , but good luck i getting it resolved.

If your having no recourse from LR, if on finance they that might be a course of action for you, getting them involved might swing more weight behind the apparent noisiness Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #235757 24th Sep 2014 2:50 pm
shilen

Ben LR2 wrote:
If I could find a 14 plate one in the new shape I would get one. Looked everywhere and nothing about.

Is that the X3 or are we still talking FL2?

Post #235770 24th Sep 2014 4:58 pm
shilen

There was a transporter travelling down the M6 yesterday afternoon near Stafford full to the brim of FL2's.

Post #235771 24th Sep 2014 4:59 pm
Ben LR2

Evening all,

Well it's been an emotional and very rough few weeks in the household. The ongoing issues with Hunters Land Rover in Southampton (now I'm naming them) has caused numerous problems at home. My Metropolis sat on my drive for the last 3 weeks due to the extensive damage and the upset it was causing to me, having to look at it day by day. So sadly had the pleasure of a Skoda a Octavia which is a great estate car but by no means a LR!

I would like to add Blackhorse finance have been very good and thanks to them I had the hire car, however I was a little disappointed with communication. Yet again I had the same issue with LR saying 'she said this, I said that' attitude.

I was finally told that my Metropolis is to be returned to Hunters Lamd Rover in Southampton last Monday for the return of our deposit and the finance to be settled. I'd like to add the car was rejected under poor quality of goods. I took the last drive in the LR forever and it was a pleasure except it was ruined by incompetent individuals whom couldn't look after a car on MULTIPLE occasions without being 'baby sat'!

Over the weekend I purchased a BMW 520d M Sport touring that I'm due to pick up this week after I had been assured my deposit would be returned on the weekend. Did that happen? You guessed it, NO it didn't. I since had To make a further phone call to the Financd company and Hunters today to find out why I haven't recieved my substantial deposit even though my car has been returned for well over a week, and no doubt has been sold already.
My response was it takes 3-5 days by BACS and we aren't willing to pay to speed it up. At this point I've had enough and duly ended the phone call. Not sure I'll be picking up my new car after all!

So to summarise for those whom are interested and I hope stay well aware from this dealership (or not) if you think what has happened to me is justified. I have made 114 phone calls in the space of 9 weeks of ownership, in a total of 386 minutes on the phone, a whopping 6 hours plus trying to get my car sorted at an expense of in excess of £200 (awaiting landline bill).

My Metropolis returned to Hunters 8 times with a total of 14 days in there control over 7 weeks! Each occasion it went back for squeaky dash, GuardX reaction to leather causing white marks and valeters hand prints on my door cards and also Numerous scratches to my leather caused by moving of my vehicle without care.
I appreciate this may not seem the send of the world to some of you however I'll let the pictures do the justice after the GuardX was removed by force and reapplied causing scratch marks all over the dash.

Sorry this is so long winded and I hope this helps some of you in a decision of purchasing a new car from Hunters in Southampton or any future business there.

Regards,

Ben

(To note I never recieved a penny of compensation from Hunters after I refused to purchase another car. Blackhorse finance gave me a small amount along with a credit from LR UK. Customer relations were clearly a strong point for Hunters!)!

Post #239326 28th Oct 2014 7:45 pm
shilen

you should confirm the rest of the HK14 reg plate so that no other forum member ends up with it!

Its very bad when such an expensive car goes wrong - but unfortunately some do and we put our trust in the supplying dealer / manufacturer to sort it out - obviously these guys dont care and its a shame because thanks to them they have lost a LR owner. I had similar issues with Stratstones (whoops i named em!! Whistle ) when after 3 attempts at a fix on a 3 month old FL2 they turned around to me and said "we cannot fix it, we suggest you try somewhere else". Luckily a dealer in Birmingham 'eventually' managed to fix it for me and needless to say the Pratstone dealer I used are no more.

Hope you get the Beemer that you wanted, might have to ask the site mod to put a BMW Owners section on the forum.... Rolling with laughter Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #239333 28th Oct 2014 9:27 pm
taztastic

England 

So all two of you can share stories Laughing

Post #239334 28th Oct 2014 9:30 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Whistle

MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #239339 28th Oct 2014 9:47 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

shilen wrote:
Hope you get the Beemer that you wanted, might have to ask the site mod to put a BMW Owners section on the forum.... Rolling with laughter

Sorry but a Nissan Area is next in line for the off topic section Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #239347 28th Oct 2014 10:18 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #239350 28th Oct 2014 10:34 pm
Ben LR2

Thank you for the support and of course the micky taking. Sadly the BMW was the only car that could match the comfort of a LR.

My reg was HK14UBZ. I do hope no one buys it from here and hopefully no one gives HUNTERS the money for my car that they ruined, which no doubt they will make a profit on.

Ben

Post #239355 28th Oct 2014 11:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>