Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Recent Metropolis owner reliability advise.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Ben LR2

2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Thank you for everyone's advise. I have yet again been in contact with the dealer and put across my frustration in particular being told my car was rushed by the mechanic. The after sales manager stated they were sorry and will rectify the problem and will keep my car until I'm happy. I was expecting at least some compensation for my fuel expenses. I did mention about rejecting the car and it was ignored on the phone.
Does anyone know the procedure in rejecting a car and whether you would get a replacement?

The whole situation has been a nightmare, the first payment came out yesterday and it made me think, I'm paying for my LR knowing it has numerous problems and now it's started to have a crackly sounding window when the aircon is on. Sure I must be jinxed!

Really appreciate everyone's help!

Post #233328 31st Aug 2014 6:06 pm
D-Man

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

This might help....
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/act...m-a-dealer

I realise it's for 2nd hand but principle is the same.

Some very detailed advice here too: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

All the best! 2011 SD4 HSE Auto
(Previously 2007 TD4 XS Manual)

Post #233360 31st Aug 2014 10:23 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

The person I know who rejected a car might be able to shed some light on what's involved

It's not straightforward, his was not noises and rattles as that would be down to your opinion against theirs, but he wrong interior iirc

You need to really speak with the dealer and lay it out what you want realistically and see what they propose Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #233362 31st Aug 2014 10:33 pm
ad210358

England 

This wet foam that has been added, I have visions of a Tech with a can of expanding foam, squirting it underneath the centre console.

Post #233374 1st Sep 2014 6:30 am
Ben LR2

Ad210358 - You aren't filling me with confidence that's what I tried not to imagine on my 4 week old car now!

Been reading in terms of rejection, however isn't it too early as they have only done a partial fix and there is more work to do?

Post #233382 1st Sep 2014 10:13 am
EYorkshire

You are understandably Censored ed off with this, start the ball rolling with LR and outside of the dealership by formally getting in touch with Mike (Customer Relations) on the forum and making a complaint.

Post #233386 1st Sep 2014 11:07 am
D-Man

Ben LR2 wrote:
Ad210358 - You aren't filling me with confidence that's what I tried not to imagine on my 4 week old car now!

Been reading in terms of rejection, however isn't it too early as they have only done a partial fix and there is more work to do?

How many chances have they had to fix it? The opinion in what I linked you to in previous post seems to suggest that 3 chances is considered reasonable by the courts in those cases. It doesn't matter if it's 3 unsuccessful goes and there's more to do! 2011 SD4 HSE Auto

Post #233429 1st Sep 2014 7:43 pm
Ben LR2

It's been back 3 times. Twice to be repaired, 3rd time is this week.

Spoke to Mike from here today who was very helpful and will monitor the work now. I expressed to Mike my concerns as I have done on here, in terms of the squeaking coming back in the future which would make a rejection for a new car even more difficult.

Post #233430 1st Sep 2014 8:02 pm
GSauto07

United Kingdom 

I rejected a new vehicle last year. It was not a Land Rover. It was returned after two days. It would have been returned earlier except the dealer was not open over the weekend! Dealer refused to budge, and had my vehicle for 2 months in workshop and maintained that there was nothing wrong with it. Eventually the manufacturer replaced the vehicle as a goodwill gesture. My legal rights were minimal as it was a business purchase and I had accepted the dealer's terms and conditions. Will be more careful next time.

Post #233647 3rd Sep 2014 9:03 am
D-Man

ad210358 wrote:
This wet foam that has been added, I have visions of a Tech with a can of expanding foam, squirting it underneath the centre console.

Horrible thought....and in time it'll just collapse anyway. Doesn't sound like a 'solution' to me - let alone one a reputable manufacturer would sanction. 2011 SD4 HSE Auto

Post #233713 3rd Sep 2014 6:41 pm
Ben LR2

Well the car went in today as planned and after I kicked up a fuss along with the help from Mike from Customer relations and I have been assured the car will be fixed. As you can imagine I'm optimistic and still very upset and angry with the whole situation, but I don't want to reject the car and then potentially not get offered another one.

To add fuel to the already ongoing issues I have been given a LR Freelander TD4 150 GS as a replacement to my metropolis (Not sure how they can be compared), and then as I'm driving away in the lovely weather to find the air conditioning doesn't work!

The whole situation makes me want to cry, it's one thing after another! I get told 'don't worry we will fix it once and for all' Without any mention of compensation or an apology from the dealer principal. Other than from the after sales manager who has been really helpful.

Appreciate everyone's help throughout this thread.

The saga continues...

Post #233716 3rd Sep 2014 6:54 pm
D-Man

Anything new happening, Ben? Any progress? 2011 SD4 HSE Auto

Post #235409 21st Sep 2014 2:46 pm
MidlandRover

England 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Contact your finance company after all they own the car, unless of course you had a bank loan. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

It's true that light travels faster than sound, some people look quite intelligent until you hear them speak.

Stop global winging.

Post #235419 21st Sep 2014 4:02 pm
Ben LR2

Sorry not posted on here in a while. A lot has been going on behind the scenes so to speak with the car going back again and the GuardX removed in an attempt to rectify the white marks on the leather however it had the opposite affect and damaged it further. In short the damage is so extensive to the scratches on the door card to the whole dash needing to be replaced I have been offered a full refund and compensation from Peter at LR and the dealer (supposedly).

In reference to the finance company Blackhorse, they are coming round tomorrow to inspect the car. To be honest I don't know whether they can do anything further as I'm sure LR have told them I have been given minimal compensation already.
As you can imagine I don't know whether I want a brand new one. I have been offered a brand new 64 plate with delivery miles in my colour choice, however Lorri Blue is no longer available although I do think Barolo Black looks nice. Any thoughts?

OR I have been looking at a brand new Jeep grand Cherokee or a VW Touareg. Once again thoughts would be appreciated?

Ben

Post #235443 21st Sep 2014 7:17 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

It's a while since I had a Jeep but I would never compare one with a Freelander. A cheap car (but with good mechanicals) sold at a vast premium in Europe. Have a look at the US prices and you'll see what I mean. The brakes on my Cherokee failed three times within the first year, and it was poor manufacture, not maintenance or preparation.
I have driven the latest models and they look very nice, but nowhere near the quality of the FR2! Ex AA Series III LWB Safari - Gone
300TDi Disco (bought new - terrible car) sent back after 18 months
Freelander 1 Estate - leased, given back at end of lease
200TDi Disco (bought from a mate with 100,000 on the clock) - Gone
Disco 2 TD5 - sold and exported to France
FR2 TD4 GS - Gone
FR2 SD4 HSE - Now changed for a DS
New model ex-demo Evoque S 180 in white
Unable to order a new DS, so gave up. Now have a Volvo S90 Recharge.

Post #235471 21st Sep 2014 10:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>