Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Recent Metropolis owner reliability advise.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Ben LR2

2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black
Recent Metropolis owner reliability advise.

Evening,

This may sound as a shock to some of you and certainly me! However my brand new Metropolis is returning to Land Rover tomorrow for the third time as my dog guard was never fitted properly according to the Technician who looked at the car yesterday and also in his words 'I agree your dash is very squeaky and the ride is very harsh and noisy'.

I have been thinking recently and having real doubts of ownership after 3 weeks of being lucky enough to buy a new one in my 20's but also the amount of money I have spent on a Land a Rover that is already having hiccups!

Would appreciate any advise any of you have in this matter on what I should do? It is due in tomorrow morning at the dealership to be looked at, but is this just a start to the problems with only 900 miles on the clock?

Regards

Ben[/i]

Post #232907 27th Aug 2014 7:06 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

Ben, I'm no legal eagle but I've read somewhere that you need to give them reasonable opportunity to fix the problems, then if you are still not happy you can reject the car ?

but personally it does not seem right to me that you've shelled out for a brand new car and need to accept repairs ?

I'm sure someone will post you some advice shortly re the best way forward.

Iain

ps I've just noticed that it has been back three times in your three weeks of ownership, so in my opinion I would be inclined to reject the car.

Post #232914 27th Aug 2014 8:31 pm
maffy

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

Hi Ben, That is quite shocking, especially as I take delivery of my metropolis in the next 4/5 weeks!
hope these are not rushed jobs being the run out model of the freelander in preparation of gearing up for the Disco sport!
You must feel very frustrated having been back 3 times in as many weeks and quite cheesed off to boot.
see what they say and yes, reject the car if not completely satisfied. Hit it he said, Hit it!--So I hit it, then he hit me---Doh!

Post #232916 27th Aug 2014 8:58 pm
Ben LR2

It never crossed my mind to give the car back. It was more advice on whether the issues are a common fault in terms of the dog guard not fitting correctly and the squeaky dash.

I have been offered a LR noise reduction kit (free of charge) that I am led to believe is foam placed behind the dash that absorbs the sound. Could anyone shed any light on whether this works?

Regards

Post #232917 27th Aug 2014 9:01 pm
iain cooper

squeaky dash noises are probably the most irritating and difficult to fix problems in a car.

I've known people get rid of a car purely due to a squeaky dash !!

a lot would be down to the competence of the mechanic stripping your dash to install the kit.

Iain

Post #232946 28th Aug 2014 8:22 am
Purplemadboy

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Firenze Red

No I'm worried , I pick my metropolis on Monday morning Shocked

Post #232947 28th Aug 2014 8:56 am
FL2Voodoo

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

One reason I sold my XF was down to rattles and squeaks in the Dash and Door Cards. it Drove me nuts, especially when your spending that kind of money Ben, my lads Corsa SXI was quieter in side.

The dog Guard fitment probably isnt a real issue its just not been fitted correctly, why should you accept a soundproofing kit on a 3 week old car it should be right, TBH I wouldnt be happy knowing my new cars just had its dash removed, also the ride should be right they do get a small road test after manufacture.

I would be thinking of rejecting it and asking for another. HSE TD4 Stornoway Grey ★ Rear Spoiler ★ Black Leather Interior ★ Panoramic Roof ★ Navigation with Bluetooth ★ 19 " Alloys ★ Alpine Stereo 10 Disc Auto changer and Ipod connection and lots of other nice toys ★

Post #232948 28th Aug 2014 9:26 am
taztastic

England 

Soundproofing Kit? Has anyone ever heard of this or does it have a smell of dealer codswallop?
If it is indeed a 'kit' I am sure we would have heard about it and there would be a queue for it.

Dan, how much is it? Laughing

Some of the 'noisiest' cars I have encountered have been the most luxurious, the road and wind noise is so low that you hear almost every noise the car makes, leather creaks over every bump and isnt always the best material if you want peace and quite, some people don't mind others find it irritating.

Post #232949 28th Aug 2014 9:56 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I had a similar issue when I was new to the LR brand back in 2008. I had a knocking noise coming from the drivers side rear and it went back to the dealer 4 or 5 times and they tinkered with it without success - they eventually told me that they couldn't fix it and try somewhere else (I kid you not!!!! Suffice to say that dealer is no longer trading) Next dealer I tried took 3 attempts but finally fixed it. I was considering going down the lines of rejecting the vehicle but I believe it is not as simple as it may sound, you need to give the dealer reasonable opportunity to fix the fault.

Your best course of action is to document everything - make a note of dates you have taken your FL2 to the dealer, ask for copies of their findings, make a note of telephone conversations (names and positions), send emails etc as this will held stengthen your case, perhaps have a word with LR Customer Services (good luck with that one though Whistle )

As stated I think the sound proofing kit is a red-herring - if it existed everyone would be buying one. Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #232951 28th Aug 2014 10:05 am
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

found the original thread so thought i'd post in here.

i can't find a technical bulletin for any "sound proofing kit" which if it was a known problem as such, then a kit may have been released.

Perhaps a poor fit dash? hard to tell from my end, worst case scenario they change the dash, not a massive job.

i'd let your dealer see what they can do, if they can rectify the problem, then brilliant. Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts/
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: sophie.alltoft@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #232994 28th Aug 2014 5:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ben LR2

Really appreciate everyone's advise, the car went in today and a hour and half later the dog guard was fixed and foam added to stop it making any further noise. And the centre console was lifted and what was described to me as a wet foam insert was put inside that acts as expandable foam stopping movement, thus stopping squeaks! Did it work? NOPE! As the dash is now squeaking on second test drive and the car is going back in next Weds and Thurs to have the dash removed and foam added. I keep getting told that Land Rover are aware of this issue and have not fixed it, but have released a kit to dealers to try and fix the issue.

More annoyingly I was hoovering the car when I got home and I can see the foam dried at both bottom sides of the console (where the chrome stops). Now I have noticed it I'm not happy to say the least as I know it's there.

Not really sure what to do now?......

Post #233009 28th Aug 2014 6:40 pm
iain cooper

as far as I am aware noisy dash has never been a common problem with the FL2, although I do stand to be corrected.

I am getting a bit annoyed with this now ( so you must be really Censored off !! ) especially when you are seeing the foam sticking out of the console.

I do not know your details for buying the car, but I would now reject it on the basis that they have tried to fix the faults and so far you are not happy with their attempts.

speak to the dealer principle and tell him/her you are not a happy chappy.

Iain

Post #233019 28th Aug 2014 8:10 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Let them try and fix the issues, but make sure they are aware that you withhold your right to reject the car if your not happy with the result Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #233023 28th Aug 2014 8:25 pm
Chuckalicious

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

I too would be rejecting the car. Who knows what else could be wrong with it. You are legally entitled to do so so do it now before any more time is lost.

Post #233173 30th Aug 2014 11:30 am
D-Man

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
Let them try and fix the issues, but make sure they are aware that you withhold your right to reject the car if your not happy with the result

In my view, they've been given sufficient opportunity and been unable to address the problem and I would now go down the route of formally rejecting the car. It may pay you to take some advice on this, eg family solicitor, trading standards, citizens' advice or a motoring organisation if you belong.

In any case, the 'foam' solution sounds like a load of BS by the dealer and clearly is neither working nor acceptable if it's affecting the appearance of the interior trim etc.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

(As a matter of interest, where in Hants are you and which dealer?) 2011 SD4 HSE Auto
(Previously 2007 TD4 XS Manual)

Post #233182 30th Aug 2014 1:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>