Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What features do you want to see
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 13 <123 ... 111213
Print this entire topic · 
defenderben

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

An engine that last longer than 3.5years or 82k with full main dealer service history!!! (GONE) FL2 2008 SE (manual) Santorini Black, the expensive one Sad
(LEFT WITH) 300tdi Defender 90 the cold, reliable & sensible one Smile

Post #165002 20th Dec 2012 8:51 pm
BarryKey

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Hi all. My Dodge Caliber had a really useful feature in that the front passenger seat could fold flat forwards. when this was done along with the rear seat folded flat you could get a surfboard or large lump of timber inside. Great for carrying flatpacks or Xmas trees.
Barry 12MY 61plate FL2 TD4 auto GS Orkney Grey Roof spoiler full size spare

Gone 07 Dodge Caliber 1.8 black
51 Nissan Primera
K Isuzu Trooper 3.1 SWB Citation

Post #172119 18th Feb 2013 12:26 pm
Dazzafl2

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Alaska White

A computer system that does not immobilize the engine when it has a minor system error. Similar issue happened in my XJ Jeep and it reverted to limp mode (50kph max) which can get you back to camp, home or garage for repairs.

Post #213491 10th Jan 2014 1:35 pm
jfgv40

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

A Chunkier steering wheel I find the present one a bit small and have to fit a cover.

Post #216572 11th Feb 2014 5:05 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Shocked never had a issue with my steering wheel, think its just right

Post #216574 11th Feb 2014 5:08 pm
jfgv40

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

I have rather large hands though Surprised

Post #216580 11th Feb 2014 5:30 pm
Delmar71

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

All minor things but for me it'd be (1) a bigger clock (2) something letting me choose whether or not the mirrors fold when locking and (3) controlling sensitivity of autoheadlights, would prefer them to come on just a bit sooner (although much better than Honda Civic auto lights I used to have!)

I've got a 2009 GS though so maybe newer/higher specced cars have some of this. Pretty happy with features I have.

Post #217957 25th Feb 2014 6:08 pm
Winslet

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the forum Delmar71! MY2013 cars have 3 clocks! 1 analogue and 2 digital. All controlled centrally so the they tell thesame time. I think you can get a dealer to alter the mirror folding, or an independent with Autologic, etc. First time I have had a car with auto headlights. I find they tend to come on well before other drivers tend to start switching theirs on, so may be they are more sensitive now. HTH, Andrew 2016 BMW X3 30d SE in red
MY2013 SD4 XS Firenze Red, 19" 10 spoke contrast paint wheels, Signature Strips, Grand Black Lacquer trim, Cold Climate Pack - gone!
2007 TD4 S Stornoway Grey - gone!

Post #217975 25th Feb 2014 8:26 pm
NAZCA SAND 67

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Nazca Sand

The folding mirror thing is really messing me up! My old 03 307 had them but only folded on double lock. My new (07) FL2 folds every time lock her, and I can hear the motors groan and strain.....no need to fold EVERY TIME!!!

Dedicated Iphone or other smart dock, where you can choose a fitment to work your phone to a universal cradle.

Being able to work the windows with key in dock but without having to start the engine.

Being able to have current and average fuel consumption data on the screen. (2007)

Definitely move the clock to its own position and more prominent. (its lost within the radio display).

Have a display on dash of chosen cruise control speed when you dial up or down off the steering wheel, (i.e. you dial up from 60 to 70 and choose 70 because you see it dialled in, rather than wait for the vehicle to speed up to the speed selected then trim down because your now doing 75, all the while your eye is off the road!).

Having had my 1st FL2 for just 4 days that's my initial (and fresh) input... Very Happy

Post #229094 15th Jul 2014 12:12 am
ad210358

England 

You can get the Mirror Fold turned off by the Dealer, but lube them now before it really becomes a pain.
No need to start the engine, just put the Fob in and press and hold Start, ignition comes on, do not put your foot on the brake.
Since 2009 iirc they have current and average consumption by selection, you don't want both at the same time, to confusing and distracting, keep eyes on the road.
Clock is also displayed in the centre Information Screen on the later models.
Reach your Target speed before pressing the CC Button unless you only want to adjust by a couple of mph else it wil drop a cog and go like a scalded cat. It's for holding a speed not attaining a speed.

Post #229123 15th Jul 2014 6:52 pm
NAZCA SAND 67

Useful to know!
Have the window thing sussed now thanks.
Regarding the cruise control. I was using it on the motorway the other day and found I was constantly having to dial up or down because the cars in front were slowing down. It wasn't that the road was busy, just got caught with a few cars together and couldn't avoid them by switching lanes. Just felt if I had an indicator of the speed I was dialling in it would of been safer rather than guessing five or seven increments to up the speed, only to find I was doing 130 kmh instead if 120 kmh.

Post #229144 15th Jul 2014 11:19 pm
ad210358

England 

Each press is 1mph or there or there abouts, latest models have the chosen CC Speed displayed in the information Screen.

Post #229150 16th Jul 2014 6:51 am
NAZCA SAND 67

So they did think about it after all then! It's the 1st time I've ever used CC and was the 1st thing that jumped out at me!
Good to hear its been added, maybe in 2 years ill trade up to an 09/10 model.
Thanks.

Post #229156 16th Jul 2014 9:07 am
davep1

Deuteronomiser wrote:
Physically, it's just a car and nothing more.

However, what defines a great car is how the manufacturer demonstrates its alleged brilliance when things go wrong. It's about how the after sales folk manage issues and how they respect the people who choose their cars over the thousands of others.

Companies are great at telling everyone how great they are but too often shamefully lacking when required to do nothing more than show they are as good as their alleged word; which comes in the form of marketing glitz and the hope given at point of sale.

All the expensive glitz and glamour amounts to nothing when a car develops a fault ( whether or not caused by the owner) and the small print becomes incredibly large and inflexible.

What we have chosen to buy into, is Landrovers claimed excellence. It's a matter of trust, respect and honour. The reality is too often nothing more than a carefully worded legal document which amounts to a complex combination of 'no'.

So, while the designers with rectangular glasses and marketing teams with funky hair do their utmost to develop new trends, while showing a level of maturity too, we the consumer are left with a pile of potential grief should a fault develop just outside the carefully scripted small print of 'no'.

This is what sets great companies apart from the also rans. Bad reputations don't go away, they need to be surgically removed by positive actions. That's what I think Landrover need to become or haven't they ever heard of the Kia 7year warranty?

We live in the hope that we will be able to positive affect Landrover UK by sharing our experiences and thoughts. I live in the certain knowledge that having worked for large organisations, that this posting will amount to nothing.

In the end, we bought a car. It's when we have trouble that LRUk can show their true worth but this forum and so many others like it prove LRUK fall short. I don't doubt my car will at some point develop a fault and if the evidence from this forum is anything to go by, I'll bring a solicitor with me when it does.

I could not agree more with the above. VW built their reputation for reliability after WW2, not on their cars which were no better than everyone else's, but on the fact that, if you came in with a fault they fixed it and didn't argue.

Post #231542 13th Aug 2014 12:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 13 of 13 <123 ... 111213