Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Stop Start Issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
realspeed

United Kingdom 

Having taken my car for a long run the battery across the terminals read 12.6v. 9 hours later the next morning it has dropped to 12.3 v.So battery drain somewhere and the only thing I can think of is the Garmin retro fit Sat Nav which can only be shut down but can't get to the on/off button on it due to the way the surround is fitted.
The stop/start works fine with the higher voltage So looks a bit like a battery problem. It is the original and 4 years old.
After I have moved to new house I will get one of those Ctek chargers and see if it gets rid of anything on the battery plates and charges the battery properly. Ex 2010 Freelander2 GS-e Diesel manual Silver owner

Post #226479 5th Jun 2014 9:55 pm
AJC75

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue
Start/stop Not working

Just got my freelander back under warranty for the third time with the stop/start not working. Each time no fault found. The last time taken in stop start not working the report they gave me back: checked operation of stop start inoperative, Road tested stop start worked every time connected to test book no faults logged, Checked overnight road tested worked correctly no drains to sysyem found. I have taken battery volts before starting in the morning batt volts 12.25 engine cold outside temp recorded, batt volts engine running 14.45 there reply was batt amps down to 600 should be 800 you are not doing enough mileage to charge the battery. I told them I was not satisfied as it was still under warranty, I managed to talk to the mechanic he said there was a issue with the earlier models air con must be off.

I have been trying different operations: (1) when parking up turn of the blower fan before switching off the engine. 2) Turn off the air con. When starting a journey start engine as normal then turn on the blower fan then the air con if needed, after a couple of miles the stop start has worked every time

Freelander 2 2012 2.2 xs

Post #226771 9th Jun 2014 9:49 pm
realspeed

United Kingdom 

Quote " batt amps down to 600 should be 800 (do more milage)" is exactly what I was told by the AA man. So I did and it went up to 12.6v and stop/start worked Ex 2010 Freelander2 GS-e Diesel manual Silver owner

Post #226798 10th Jun 2014 12:59 pm
Stevie5tapes

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Auto Sumatra Black

How many miles should you do?? I do 12 miles a day, 6 miles to work, 6 miles back. Is that too short?? If I am the one locking up at work then I drive about 30 meters to the gate and turn the car off. I get out to close the gate and as I work in a "dodgy" area I don't like the idea of leaving the engine running while losing two large gates incase some one takes my car. But is this going to flatten the battery to prevent the stop start from working?

I am going to get a new battery this year a bit closer to winter, I might get a decent charger too. Hopefully this will sort the issue out? Black MY2013 SD4 GS Auto, Wood Company Armrest, Freel2 sticker.
Gone MY2010 Freelander 2 Manual TD4.e S, Alaska White.

Post #226802 10th Jun 2014 3:06 pm
realspeed

United Kingdom 

had a look at batteries and the Varta F21 is the one closest to the LR one I think, to save you hunting around . Have to say I have not done a size check'
As for charger I will be getting the CTEK MXS 5.0 as it does AGM batteries Ex 2010 Freelander2 GS-e Diesel manual Silver owner

Post #226809 10th Jun 2014 4:39 pm
Stevie5tapes

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Auto Sumatra Black

I was looking at getting a Varta F21, prices are around £130 on a few sites. Heres a link to one for an example, other sites might do a better deal.

http://www.puredrivebatteries.co.uk/f21-va...tAod-FkA8A

Ive noticed on a few sites when you put your car reg in it will give you a 70 amp battery. I believe this is for the petrol Freelander, the battery actually needed is the 80 Amp with 800CCA. Black MY2013 SD4 GS Auto, Wood Company Armrest, Freel2 sticker.
Gone MY2010 Freelander 2 Manual TD4.e S, Alaska White.

Post #226817 10th Jun 2014 6:20 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12