« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Help please- non starter- UPDATE 4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Stef

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Caspian Blue

Hi Ad

I have a further update which could be helpful to others with non start issues which are shoing cam sensor...

I have been told that the timing belt tensioner has seized......total cost with Labour is circa £1100 as parts a good £400 plus as come with new cam belt housing pumps etc.

In a way I am very pleased that the fault has finally been diagnosed and will be sorted. The geezer at land rover has been sympathetic and is a really nice chap. Its not thier fault that their systems went down coz of the storm.

I am also sorry for my earlier post about my first garage as he suspected that the timing belt was the cause but I lost faith in him. Its a lesson that either a) I should have gone to land rover first or b) I should have let him carry on and not lost faith- but he didnt make this easy by being so unconfident but I guess thats the problem when he isn't doing land rovers all day.

I can't decide which, but the trouble is when you have small kids and 1 car and are incurring car hire costs you just want it sorted by someone that knows the car. and isnt guessing and has top diagnostic equipment. In hindsight I should have gone to an Indie...I need to find a good one. Hopefully, this is sorted now. As an aside we have been very lucky aparrently as if the belt has snapped it would have been carnage.

Post #205822 4th Nov 2013 3:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12