Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Have just moved to NFU from Saga. Saga wanted £438. Shocked NFU was £327. Nottinghamshire; SD&P + Commute; Self + Wife; 3 points SP10; Protected NCD 7yrs; Overseas travel; Courtesy car; Legal; National Recovery. Used NFU Local office (Newark).
Aviva was £329, Direct Line £344. Comparison sites started a lot lower but prices rose quickly as you added the bells & whistles. 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #202534 9th Oct 2013 8:39 pm
Slaneydore

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Just had my renewal through from Churchill £465 Rolling Eyes
Just got of the phone from tesco and managed to get it for £298 me and the misses Thumbs Up
Didn't think that was to bad considering I mentioned my 3 point speeding in a 30 zone that I got in 2011 in my work van BETTER looking half of the famous Twinlanders
The wanna be other half - http://www.freel2.com/forum/member-carriec.html

Post #204947 28th Oct 2013 8:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robbyvrs

England 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Manual Fuji White

just a question - what do you tell the insurance if you've fitted a facelift front bumper?
I guess with sidesteps, etc you can plead ignorance if the car was bought used so you don't know if they were fitted from new but facelift bumper on a 2009 would be obvious?
Although it's a genuine part and standard on later models is it classed as a bodykit?

Post #204956 28th Oct 2013 8:50 pm
Slaneydore

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I knew nothing about freelanders when I bought mine and it came with that facelift front, spoiler, wheels etc as far as I know that's what a 2008 freelander looks like Wink but that's just between me and you......

But I'm not sure how it works if I do have a bump and the front is damaged,, do they fit a 2008 front bumper back on or the 2011 that's on there now Question BETTER looking half of the famous Twinlanders
The wanna be other half - http://www.freel2.com/forum/member-carriec.html

Post #204958 28th Oct 2013 9:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SakoQuad

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Had renewal quote today from LV - £438 for Freelander and £319 for an 11 year old Yaris for self and wife to drive both.

Went to MoneySuoermarket.com and found directly comparable cover for £227 and £127 respectively. I gave LV the opportunity to reconsider and eventually renewed the FL2 with them for £246 which included some items that the cheaper quote didn't include. The Yaris has been insured with the Post Office who, at £127 were significantly cheaper than anything that LV or others could come up with

I feel a loyalty for LV who have been our insurers for many years but clearly they have no loyalty to their existing customers.

So far this year I have saved over £600 by shopping around for property & contents insurance and motor insurance. Overall I have also got better cover for everything for less money as well. I will now automatically seek alternatives every year for insurances as I already do for gas and electricity supply.

Post #206400 8th Nov 2013 11:37 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Slaneydore wrote:
I knew nothing about freelanders when I bought mine and it came with that facelift front, spoiler, wheels etc as far as I know that's what a 2008 freelander looks like Wink but that's just between me and you......

But I'm not sure how it works if I do have a bump and the front is damaged,, do they fit a 2008 front bumper back on or the 2011 that's on there now Question

As your car is a 2008 model they will fit a 2008 model bumper. How are they to know that you have a facelifted 2011 bumper :fitted whistle: MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #206405 9th Nov 2013 12:17 am
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Just insured the new HSE Lux

I called the insurance yesterday to swap the car over.

Told them the new car details :-

2013 Freelander 2 HSE lux SD4 Auto

20" Evoque wheels, side steps, door mouldings, Si4 rear silencer and rear spoiler.

All other terms the same as the old car. The insurance company replied.............that will be a £29 reduction in your premium!

That's the same mods declared as before, the facelift bumpers and tailgate handle were not classed as modifications so I that didn't make a difference on the old car.

I asked why, and they replied that the modern version has better security and statistically people tend to look after new cars than older ones and claim less!

But a result either way! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #206419 9th Nov 2013 10:15 am
lol geoff

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Might even try a bit of wriggling on undeclared modifications too...

Post #206421 9th Nov 2013 10:43 am
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

That's a good result. I've been thinking what my insurance premiums would rocket to "not made the call yet" since signing up for a HSE Lux just last week. Nothing more than a boot spoiler and privacy glass as extras for me, but it made sense getting the Lux with a discount as the standard HSE with the bits I wanted, "wheels, tints, xenon's etc' would have been around the same price!
Enjoy your new motor! Thumbs Up

Post #206422 9th Nov 2013 10:45 am
hinchy

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Aintree Green

Adrian Flux Renewal come in at £430, last year £340 told them to stick it where sun don't shine and could get it a lot cheaper they came back with the renewal at £250

Post #206499 9th Nov 2013 8:31 pm
tyke65

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Baltic Blue

Been with Saga for years. They send an expensive renewal cost, I find a cheaper identical price on the net and Saga match it. If it's less than £100 difference that do it on the spot, if it's more than £100 you have to send them details.

Post #206561 10th Nov 2013 9:03 am
heyho

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

My insurance is due shortly so I have been searching around. Got the car in August so I transferred the insurance across at a cost of nearly £200 for 4 months with Endsleigh (which I thought was steep). But couldn't be bothered with the hassle of cancelling as they quoted me high fees.

Anyway to cut a long story short I went on comparethemarket and gocompare and the 'best' deal appeared to be Tesco at £385. Not the cheapest but £100 voluntary and no mandatory. It's an 09 plate SE and I wanted protected no claims and business mileage for me and the missus. Plus windscreen cover, legal fees etc. I also had a (my fault) smash in 2012.

Anyway I thought that wasn't too bad but decided to also have a look on moneysupermarket. Exact same quote came back at £341. Result.

Post #207240 15th Nov 2013 9:27 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123