« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Audio Unit not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tommytroot

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
Audio Unit not working

Hi Folks, thanks in advance for any advice on this. Started up my 07 SE today, no audio, no sat nav and no audio from reversing sensors, tried switching on and off, no joy, removed and checked/ replaced audio fuses in boot and passenger side, could not locate fuse in engine compartment fuse box, afraid to remove stuff to locate. Tried removing sat nav dvd from under seat to make it reboot but disc would not eject. Only thing I can think of now is to disconnect battery but have not done that yet, am loathe to go to dealer as they are 35 miles away and it may be a simple fix. Any help most appreciated.

Post #203090 14th Oct 2013 9:59 pm
alex_pescaru

You tried to remove fuses, but maybe exactly that's it. A blown fuse.
So when removing fuses, nothing happened as the fuse was "already removed"... Smile

Post #203103 14th Oct 2013 10:35 pm
Tommytroot

Audio Unit not working

checked that the fuses were not blown when I had them out, I think there are fuses in the engine compartment but they are 60A and would take a bit of blowing, Have now got the electrical drawings as supplied by EYorkshire (cheers for them) so will borrow a multimeter and check the supplies. Seems a strange fault to suddenly occur without any obvious reason. Will post If I fix it.

Post #203120 15th Oct 2013 12:15 am
ad210358

England 

I had similar once, but there was still life in the Audio Unit just no sound, no reversing bleepers, or Sat Nav put it down to not loading correctly when inserting the fob, turned off restarted all ok. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #203132 15th Oct 2013 7:49 am
Tommytroot

Cheers for that, will try spare fob and see if it makes any difference.

Tried spare several times, the cd screen comes up but then just goes off again, no sound, no satnav no sound from parking sensors. AARGH!!

Post #203270 15th Oct 2013 10:38 pm
ad210358

England 

Did you try the battery disconnection as mentioned in your first post Question p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #203271 15th Oct 2013 10:51 pm
Tommytroot

Haven't had time, looking at the electrical drawings it seems like Fuse 21 in the engine compartment is common to the audio unit, and the sat nav but the fuse is hidden under a plastic part. I am only getting a short time each evening to play with it, will advise when/ if fixed

Have checked all fuses associated with the Audio Unit, all OK, suspect problem with CANBUS or MOST but I could be waffling, does anyone know if there are any unwanted effects of disconnecting/ reconnecting the battery such having to get anything reprogrammed etc.

OK I just read the manual on disconnect/ reconnect battery, can be done but you have to recalibrate the windows and sunroof afterwards.

Will try the reboot next day off work.

Post #203275 16th Oct 2013 12:00 am
Tommytroot

Disconnected battery and left disconnected for 4 hours, made absolutely no difference still nothing when battery reconnected.

Removed SATNAV DVD ROM from under drivers seat, suspect it is u/s as one of the chips looks burned, when reconnected I could hear drive whirring but it would not eject the disc, anyone got further suggestions, as I about ready to ditch the whole audio system and fit a pioneer or similar, no way I am paying £300 plus for an outdated stereo. RANT RANT.........

Post #204830 27th Oct 2013 7:50 pm
Tommytroot

SAT NAV Suspect

Have been doing a bit of research and... you can bypass your SATNAV unit with a thing called a MOST Prism, you disconnect the optical cable from the sat nav and plug it into this item, it is available from Land Rover, however I have ordered one on line from Britcar UK Ltd. The Land Rover Part Number is LR019014, when you connect this the rest of your system should work, then you will know for definite that the SAT NAV unit is the problem "OR SO I HOPE"

Update: Won't be dealing with BRITCAR again as they took my money, but did not have the item in stock nor could they get it, they have since refunded me and I have ordered it direct from Land Rover, expected tomorrow. The SAGA continues.

Post #206040 5th Nov 2013 11:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1