51%
 51%  [75]
Total Votes: 147

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 69 of 93 <123 ... 686970 ... 919293>
Print this entire topic · 
alex_pescaru

Here, I will try to put one message to help the 70 pages... Laughing Laughing
The following content is a pamphlet and should be treated as such.
Although any resemblance to reality is pure coincidence... Laughing

dr. tom wrote:
This statement is "a shot in the air" and clearly confirms that both do not know what they are talking about. Their "contributions" to this forum are -to put it mildly- dubious.

I've seen this kind of expression before on this thread.... Wait, I remember, from your beloved co-national woman. Must be a thing that runs in the country. This kind of dis-consideration for others opinions and the belief that Germany is the center of all-knowing and only they "know what they're talking" and they invented warm water and ...

dr. tom wrote:
As I said earlier, scientific proof of the beneficial use of 2SO with diesel will probably never be published (although studies exist- but they are under lock for probably good reasons).

So with the little green martians... I've seen them, I've talked with them but you should take my word for it.
And they've told me that putting in the tank a small dose of bull Censored will help clean the injection system. And also hear that intense studies were made, all is true, but they are locked away because of the danger to the petroleum industry they pose... So no scientific proof will be published... Ever!

dr. tom wrote:
But: the anti-2SO fraction may please provide acceptabel proof that the addition of 2SOer has ever caused any damage to any otherwise fit diesel engine of any manufacturer. They will find it very hard to submit, if at all.

In the same note as above, I dare you to try it and if the engine fails, provide proof that the bull Censored was the culprit...

Post #189106 25th Jun 2013 3:54 pm
dr. tom

Germany 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Yes, Alex, Romania has impressed the world with discipline, education, technical excellence and tolerance.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

dr. tom

Post #189110 25th Jun 2013 4:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alex_pescaru

No problem, my pleasure... Very Happy

And when all will agree with you and your co-national about 2T, you will truly feel according to the words:
One who wins without problem it is just VICTORY, but one who wins with lot of troubles, that is HISTORY!

PS: Still a satiric pamphlet and counting up towards 70 pages... Laughing

Post #189115 25th Jun 2013 5:38 pm
Ben Twillie

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand

npinks wrote:
768will, that's because the dealer put it in as an approved additive, not sure why you brought up Audi as I'm referring to LR warranty, after all it is a freelander forum Thumbs Up

You must understand what an approved additive is. It is a product that will hopefully do no harm to your car ( but if it does you won't be able to prove it) and may do a little good. But above all, it will get the dealer/car manufacturer a kick back for recommending it.

On my second service I was offered an engine flush, a fuel tank flush and AC treatment ........... The list was long. All at significant extra cost. The response was No Thank you. I'll make my own arrangements.

Post #189148 25th Jun 2013 6:41 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Can we keep it sort of on topic had to delete a hand full of pointless posts this morning Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #189209 25th Jun 2013 10:37 pm
Adrian888

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey

As the member responsible for the meaningless posts Whistle I agree with the above (I was trying to lift the mood!). There are clearly entrenched views with those who are users and those who regard it as snake oil and I doubt any extension of this thread will change anyones views. If and when clear objective data becomes available which settles this issue either way a new thread can be started which will be more useful and topical. eh tu?

Post #189232 26th Jun 2013 10:28 am
ben.lesmana

Hello,

Might be the last update before the thread gets locked Wink

Quick summary after 400 KM on 2SO, a 2005 Toyota MPV with 2.5 d4d common rail diesel engine, 200,000KM on odo:

PLUS:
- Smooth smooth smooth engine, hard/low frequency engine vibration are reduced to almost none
- Smooth start up, smooth idle, (and just recently) smooth engine vibration at HIGH RPM (2500-3000) when highway cruising
- Wider power band, acceleration are better especially at low-mid RPM
- Injector/pump noise are damped really well, no more hard knocking (metal to metal sound), whats left is muffled knocking
- Easy revving at high RPM (this is difficult to explain, maybe because of the less vibration, previously up until 2250 RPM i need to shift up, because vibration/sound/feeling tells me to better shift up as not to put strain in the engine, now it revs freely to 3000+ without hesitation, very strange)
- I suspect fuel consumption went up from 1l to 8KM (city) to currently 1l to 9-9.5KM, please note this increase is after diesel purge and 2SO, and not 2SO alone, its too early to say but I'm quite positive, before im not getting more than 8 in city driving, ever, and after the 2SO i've put more throttle than ever enjoying the 'new' experience.

MINUS:
- Weird low frequency vibration at exactly 1500 RPM when the car is not moving, but also probably this is a preexisting condition, since the vibration has reduced dramatically, i can feel that odd vibration, its as if the engine is 'wobbling' 5-10hz, not much but noticable
- I still need to mix with Shell Diesel - local diesel in 1:3-1:4 ratio for the minimum injector noise, with only the local diesel, some of the hard knocking (metal to metal) sound return, engine gets a little rougher as well, although much lower before the 2SO addition. So I think the CETANE rating might have a role in the sound/engine smoothness, where I thought lubrication is the key to the injector/pump noise.

Im not going into much detail but, my fellow enthusiast, the Toyota shop owner, also tried the 2SO after my good result, on a 2013 model, 7000 KM (Running on local diesel (500-1000ppm) + diesel additive). Similar result, smoother engine, better acceleration/throttle response on a brand new engine! Maybe his not as drastic as mine, but he is very happy.

This is probably my last update for my vehicle, I can confirm that the result is nothing but SPECTACULAR, I will keep you guys updated if issues/problem arises with long term use of 2SO.

Kind regards,

Ben

Post #189293 26th Jun 2013 5:51 pm
sliderke

Belgium 

I have been testing it in a lot of cars at work now.
Audi A8 4.2 tdi
Mercedes GL 350 cdi
Range Rover tdv8
Skoda Octavia 2.0 crtdi
VW touareg V10 tdi
Mitsubishi L200

Especially the RR and Mitsu were quieter.
The touareg was the proof that it reduce diesel soot. Before it was a real truck.
Best feedback on reduced fuel consumption was the Skoda and the Audi.
I drive the Audi 5 days a week on the german autobahn for the same trip off 400 km. And average with 2SO was 8,1 l/ 100 KM and without 8,5

Post #189311 26th Jun 2013 7:18 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Keep the thread on topic, stop bickering with the pro and cons of using 2so and just keep it to answering specific questions or your findings using it, or further developments in any reports published

then the thread won't need to be cleaned up again or locked Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #189333 26th Jun 2013 8:10 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Thumbs Up

Last edited by wizking on 1st Jul 2013 8:15 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #189389 27th Jun 2013 5:30 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Get your fact right, it wasn't me that cleaned it up Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #189397 27th Jun 2013 7:59 am
Adrian888

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey

Interesting posts from Indonesia and Germany, It could well be that some engine types/fuel systems/designs benefit better than others? Anyway good to see we are finally on page 70....... Wink eh tu?

Post #189399 27th Jun 2013 8:12 am
taztastic

England 

please read and digest the contents of this thread prior to posting.

Then you can post your own observations on the use of 2so. Posts simply placed to rubbish others' posts or ideas will be deleted as they add very little quality to the thread.

Post #189403 27th Jun 2013 8:58 am
issus

United Kingdom 
ref cleaning The EGR on an 320d BMW

during the course of this week I intend to clean the EGR and will supply pictures.

toodle - pip Up the Cobblers

Post #192144 22nd Jul 2013 5:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ahtoxtrail

Estonia 

For the test reports i would sat: money talks, BS walks or who pays, orders the music.

A lubrication test can be easy made with a test bench for oil like this

Add weights with diesel and then with 0,5% 2SO oil diesel mix.

In my opinion 2SO for diesel car is like garlic to a man. You can live without it, but when you use it your health is better and you will get a common cold not to easy.

I have searched but have not found an official report that 2SO had caused an engine failure or fuel system failure.
The reason is usually low oil level, oil/water pump failure, blown head gasket or the fuel filter is not doing its job.

One engine re-builder said to me: the oil change intervals have increased 3 times(from 10k km to 30k km) but the oil quality is not. So think about it. It is just marketing to advertise low running costs and Life time gearbox oil like the user BMWX3 said.

Post #192689 26th Jul 2013 11:34 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 69 of 93 <123 ... 686970 ... 919293>