Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What features do you want to see
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 13 <123 45 ... 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up I hope LR are taking notes Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17031 2nd Apr 2008 8:30 pm
edh

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

ttc546 wrote:
Got quite a list here!

I want to see:

The radio/telephone system integrated into the Sat Nav screen to give a single control system using Touch-Screen. The current 2 units look at odds with each other and not cohesive.

Much more computer info in the digital display in between the dials. Like: Distance since last start, Av MPG this trip, Current mpg at the time, Time elapsed since last start etc. Could all be displayed in the SatNav screen also.

Centre dash (radio unit area) to be made of a higher quality plastic, or covered in the metal finish of the dashboard strips.

The rear boot roller blind cannot be removed if the Cargo barrier is in place. This means that you either keep the cargo barrier in place all the time, which is a pain when the dogs are in the car, or you take it out all the time, which is a concern for cargo security

The dash lighting colur to be changed to an amber or blue or something more modern and clean looking.

Cover for centre console storage

The 4WD axle graphic as displayed on the Discovery SatNav screen. Shows traction to each wheel etc.

Bigger/faster engine option

Higher torque in the upper range

SatNav upgrade to include - 3D graphics option, Roads displayed as thicker curvier lines rather than blocky lines, Motorways displayed as Blue (its bleedin confusing to see a motorway in yellow against other red roads.), Menus to be re-arranged (it takes too many presses to setup a destination), Cancelling a Route is buried deep in the menus. should be one press on the screen. More Preferences options.

SatNav startup screen should be able to startup to display the clock straight away (or any other preference). I hate it starting up with the Nav/Settings/Screensaver menus.

Ability to upload a screensaver picture of choice (sd card slot to display .jpgs)

Front Right hand arm rest on door to be at same level as left hand arm rest (if fitted). They are different levels at the moment.

Electric rear door option - lifts boot door at the press of a button on the key. This happens on my wifes Lexus RX and it is fantastic for when your arms are loaded with shopping or have dogs etc.

Remove the Start/Stop button - or move it to the steering wheel. It is just not ergonomic.

Make the Ignition key fob thing smaller - much smaller. Its like carrying a brick in my pocket.

Lower rear boot cargo floor and sill.

Smaller steering wheel

Front and rear LED lighting.

Mate - I'm surprised you bought one Exclamation Wink 08 Santorini Black HSE manual with DAB and privacy glass

Post #17088 3rd Apr 2008 10:35 pm
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

ttc546 wrote:

Smaller steering wheel

Now, there I have to disagree with you. Would rather prefer a slightly bigger steering wheel. And the option to change its position up & down, in & out. Not a big deal though, but definitely NOT a smaller steering wheel.
I'm not driving a MINI! 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #17094 3rd Apr 2008 11:36 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

The wheel does already move up down in out doesnt it?.
I thought Id miss having a leather steering wheel, (its not an option on it own) but to be honest the standard wheel is quite soft touch so don't mind it. But it would have been nice to have a leather wheel option without buying a HSE.

Post #17099 4th Apr 2008 3:03 am
ttc546

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

ttc546 wrote:
Got quite a list here!

I want to see:

The radio/telephone system integrated into the Sat Nav screen to give a single control system using Touch-Screen. The current 2 units look at odds with each other and not cohesive.

Much more computer info in the digital display in between the dials. Like: Distance since last start, Av MPG this trip, Current mpg at the time, Time elapsed since last start etc. Could all be displayed in the SatNav screen also.

Centre dash (radio unit area) to be made of a higher quality plastic, or covered in the metal finish of the dashboard strips.

The rear boot roller blind cannot be removed if the Cargo barrier is in place. This means that you either keep the cargo barrier in place all the time, which is a pain when the dogs are in the car, or you take it out all the time, which is a concern for cargo security

The dash lighting colur to be changed to an amber or blue or something more modern and clean looking.

The 4WD axle graphic as displayed on the Discovery SatNav screen. Shows traction to each wheel etc.

SatNav upgrade to include - 3D graphics option, Roads displayed as thicker curvier lines rather than blocky lines, Motorways displayed as Blue (its bleedin confusing to see a motorway in yellow against other red roads.), Menus to be re-arranged (it takes too many presses to setup a destination), Cancelling a Route is buried deep in the menus. should be one press on the screen. More Preferences options.

SatNav startup screen should be able to startup to display the clock straight away (or any other preference). I hate it starting up with the Nav/Settings/Screensaver menus.

Ability to upload a screensaver picture of choice (sd card slot to display .jpgs)

Front Right hand arm rest on door to be at same level as left hand arm rest (if fitted). They are different levels at the moment.

Electric rear door option - lifts boot door at the press of a button on the key. This happens on my wifes Lexus RX and it is fantastic for when your arms are loaded with shopping or have dogs etc.

Remove the Start/Stop button - or move it to the steering wheel. It is just not ergonomic.

Make the Ignition key fob thing smaller - much smaller. Its like carrying a brick in my pocket.

Smaller steering wheel

Oh, and another thing. Who decided to put those aliens on the bonnet staring up at you? ! Rolling Eyes Windscreen washer jets these days are positioned under the bonnet edge by the windscreen. Its really disconcerting to see those things in your eyeline .... Are they watching me ..... Very Happy Chris

Post #17100 4th Apr 2008 7:11 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Did you buy your fl2 by mail order /while sleep walking or something? Its normal to forget a few things about your car between the purchase and its arrival but not everything! If you don't like dont buy!

Post #17115 4th Apr 2008 12:15 pm
ttc546

chicken george wrote:
Did you buy your fl2 by mail order /while sleep walking or something? Its normal to forget a few things about your car between the purchase and its arrival but not everything! If you don't like dont buy!

Hey, I'm not complaining about the car. All cars can be improved, even my £55k Porsche had issues. But I don't walk around with rose-coloured specs either. To be fair, the list I have done is just minor stuff and could easily be done in a FL3 model or facelift. The original poster asked for what features - and I have responded honestly but positively. Thumbs Up You can't honstly tell me that the alien jet washers are in the right place and not in your eyeline! Whistle

Believe me, I love the car - but no car is perfect. (ok, maybe the Bugatti Veyron cuts the mustard!) Bow down Chris

Post #17130 4th Apr 2008 2:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I quite like my alien jet washers they make the snow blue on my bonnet when its snowed Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17142 4th Apr 2008 6:50 pm
jimbob4755

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

CG, who let the posers and whiners on this site, anyway I've got a porch a porch light and some spaghetti! Rolling with laughter Freelander 2 - SE
Sumatra Black - TD4 -4X4 Jack Russel in boot.

Post #17149 4th Apr 2008 9:34 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

ttc546 wrote:
ttc546 wrote:
Got quite a list here!

I want to see:

Smaller steering wheel

Oh, and another thing. Who decided to put those aliens on the bonnet staring up at you? ! Rolling Eyes Windscreen washer jets these days are positioned under the bonnet edge by the windscreen. Its really disconcerting to see those things in your eyeline .... Are they watching me ..... Very Happy

Yawn Yawn Oh dear - you bought the wrong car Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #17179 5th Apr 2008 6:44 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I don't think the list of things is too bad Shocked

Things like the satnav would be great to show the things that have been listed, The 4x4 status, the Telephone buttons to dial with and send texts, fuel range left, avg mpg, current mpg, timer 3D graphics instead of bird eye view, even a Hybrid TV.

Theses are things that the other Land Rovers such as the D3, RRS & FFRR have, but we don't even in the top of the range HSE.

I wouldn't say it bad as it is, but i would have liked the few of the above myself, does that mean i have chosen the wrong car Question Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17180 5th Apr 2008 6:56 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
I don't think the list of things is too bad Shocked

I wouldn't say it bad as it is, but i would have liked the few of the above myself, does that mean i have chosen the wrong car Question Question

Ok, maybe I was being a bit unfair Laughing Embarassed I fact, being realy honest there are one or two features I would have liked (or rather miss from my old BMW) Neutral Whistle However all cars are not the same and when one makes a choice for a new drive, you have to accept the differences and not wish this and that Rolling Eyes
I think the list of wishes ttc546 wrote looked a bit like a dream list one writes to Santa at Christmas - now thats not a bad idea, but send to Land Rover (Tata) instead Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #17181 5th Apr 2008 7:23 pm
ttc546

Blimey, I seem to have rattled a few peoples cages here on this one! Surprised Not intentionally certainly.

On other car forums I've frequented over the years - TT-Forum, Z4Forum, Boxa.net, CaymanClub.net, etc, they all post these types of lists and no one fires back to defend the "sacred cow!" quite so vigourously as here. Rolling Eyes Some of the personal comments received back are very unecessary and not at all friendly. That surprised me.

I BOUGHT THE RIGHT CAR - just so we are very clear on this!

However, a lot of car manufacturers already have some of the aspects I have listed. BMW have the iDrive (ok, its had its critics), but it integrates a lot of the features I have listed for SatNav/Info/Radio etc.

Is it a wish list? Maybe. But isn't that what the original posters topic is meant to ask? Some things on the LR2 are just not right and need to be fixed, some things are "wants" and "wishes" and some things are just what the market now dicates as "standard".

As I have said before - I love my FL2! (but it ain't perfect.!) Thumbs Up Chris

Post #17210 6th Apr 2008 11:24 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17217 6th Apr 2008 4:00 pm
ttc546

My final post on this thread .... Laughing

I will bet my next tank of deisel (about £76 Wink ) that someone from LR Marketing reads this Forum. I know that some other manufacturers read their brands forums out there.

When I had the Audi, the TT-Forum site owner - Jae, was invited by the Product Marketing Manager to Audi HQ in Milton Keynes, together with some other forum members. I was one of those who went. Our input about the TT was much appreciated by them. A great rapport was established and a contining communication was had between the Forum and Audi. So much so, that when the Mk2 TT was launched, certain members of the Forum (not me coz I had changed cars many times by then) were invited to preview the new TT BEFORE the UK Launch and others, like some of the press, had seen it. And, the Forum seniors knew much of the detailed info BEFORE release to the Press.

Wouldn't it be nice to think that LR reads this forum, takes notes of the features we would like to see, and adds them to the next FL release, inviting us to preview before the launch - and that we get to hear all the news about anything that is going on throughout the year before any one else.

So keep the list active and growing. Who knows who might be reading and taking notes. Chris

Post #17266 7th Apr 2008 7:10 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 13 <123 45 ... 111213>