Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Delivery time evoque, wait or freelander?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
flylr

2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
Delivery time evoque, wait or freelander?

Hi all

Long time no post! Mostly lurking....

My freelander gs is now 2 years and 50k miles old... And i want to replace it with a gs auto.
Once i saw the price though, i realised it wasnt that far off an evoque which will have a much better resale value in a few years time.

However the dealer told me 'at least' 9 months wait. Not sure how accurate that is? I thought 6 ish tops.
I dont really want to wait too long as the mileage is already sky high on the freelander and i anticipate some bills on the horizon potentially. So... Do i just go for another freelander (delivery july) or hang in there?

Decisions decisions... (Coming) 2016 RR Evoque td4 180 HSE Dynamc
(Going) 2013 TD4 GS Auto - Santorini Black with black leather. Cold Climate, UK Lighting & Armrest Packs. Privacy Glass. LR Rubber Mats. Full size spare.
60 000 miles averaging 35mpg

(Gone) 2010 TD4 Manual GS - Stornoway Grey. Sold at 3yrs old & 64k miles. Final average consumption 39.2mpg.

Post #145597 13th Jun 2012 3:35 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Horses for courses really - which model do you prefer? Remember facelift FL2 is out for this Autumn.

For me if the facelift FL2 has a more modern dash/interior like the Evoque then I'd got for the fL2 - what worries me about the Evo is the crime it might attract.

Post #145605 13th Jun 2012 4:20 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

9 months is about the average wait for an Evoque unless you're lucky and find a Dealer with unallocated build slots.

As Richardk states - its horses for courses. Do you need the carrying capacity of the Freelander or are you happy with the more restricted boot space in the Evoque but a more stylish interior.
There is a fecelifted interior coming for the Freelander but not yet officially announced - probably go on sale September ish.
Not sure which Evoque you're looking at that's not far off the Freelander 2 GS Auto.

Post #145610 13th Jun 2012 5:36 pm
6froggy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

By the time you have spec'd up the Freelander to include leather, slightly bigger wheels, heated seats, etc, there isn't much in it especially when you take into consideration the residual values I've been quoted that seem to be around 30% higher for the Evoque. Putting aside the fact that you will at least get some discount on the Freelander, I was surprised at how much it now costs to buy it - over £27k list for a manual TD4e GS with metallic paint and nowt else.

As the interior improvements proposed for the 12MY do not seem extensive enough to get anywhere close to the Evoque, if I was changing now (mines not 2 years old until October), I'd go to the dark side as long as you were happy with the driving position, etc.

Post #145612 13th Jun 2012 6:23 pm
taztastic

England 

Why wait? there are a good number of used Evoques on the LR website, many with an attractive spec?

Post #145614 13th Jun 2012 6:34 pm
flylr

Thanks all.

I like the look of the evoque although not driven one. However the main reason for wanting one is down to the fact it will hold its value really well and the rave reviews it has received. The fact it looks fresh and modern is a bonus. The reduced space and potential reduced off-road ability is not a problem for me.

Additionally I worry about the freelander resale value, especially one with mileage like mine! With talk of a reasonable facelift for the freelander in september makes me worry even more Big Cry But that means i would be silly to buy another fl in july anyway, further complicating the issue Laughing

I looked at the used evoques and at a glance it appears you are paying near new prices for ones with 10k miles! (Coming) 2016 RR Evoque td4 180 HSE Dynamc
(Going) 2013 TD4 GS Auto - Santorini Black with black leather. Cold Climate, UK Lighting & Armrest Packs. Privacy Glass. LR Rubber Mats. Full size spare.

(Gone) 2010 TD4 Manual GS - Stornoway Grey. Sold at 3yrs old & 64k miles. Final average consumption 39.2mpg.

Post #145627 13th Jun 2012 7:44 pm
richardk

flylr wrote:

I looked at the used evoques and at a glance it appears you are paying near new prices for ones with 10k miles!

But you said you wanted low depreciation..it comes with high used prices i'm afraid when dealers have so little stock

Post #145630 13th Jun 2012 8:16 pm
flylr

Yawn

richardk wrote:
flylr wrote:

I looked at the used evoques and at a glance it appears you are paying near new prices for ones with 10k miles!

But you said you wanted low depreciation..it comes with high used prices i'm afraid when dealers have so little stock

Absolutely, which is why i was not considering used. (Coming) 2016 RR Evoque td4 180 HSE Dynamc

Post #145631 13th Jun 2012 8:38 pm
richardk

If I was you I would wait until you see the facelift FL2 - I'm sure it will be available to order from August - then make your choice. Or do as I've done previously go into a LR dealer and bash them down on the price knowing the facelift is coming

Post #145635 13th Jun 2012 8:51 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Is two years old and 50,000 miles really a problem?

If I don't see 100,000 miles out of mine, I'll be disappointed and (if it were completely down to me), I'd be happy to keep it to around 150-200,000 miles.

As for depreciation, yes the FL2 will carry on depreciating but (even with the legendary resale value of Evoques) I would expect an Evoque to lose (in cash terms) more in its first year than an FL2 will in it's 3rd year.

I would be happy enough with an Evoque, but I would only choose one over an FL2 if I couldn't afford the BIK tax and fuel bills on another Freelander 2.

Post #145646 13th Jun 2012 11:01 pm
Remoh1

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Buckingham Blue

I must be the odd one out here as I have just bought my FL2 and it has 98k on the clock well 98.5 now as I have done 500 miles this week. I part ex'd my toyota rav 4 for it that was a 54 plate petrol with 160k on the clock. two years old with 50k is nothing and a year old evoque with 10k is just run in. Any new car will lose more in the first few months than in the next 18 months if you can get a nearly new evoque for 2k less than new price and less than 1k miles why not , stratstone have two on their site and a third with 6k on the clock about 3-4k under new price, just the opinion f a newbie feel free to ignore me Smile

Post #145647 13th Jun 2012 11:15 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Remoh1 wrote:
I must be the odd one out here as I have just bought my FL2 and it has 98k on the clock well 98.5 now as I have done 500 miles this week. I part ex'd my toyota rav 4 for it that was a 54 plate petrol with 160k on the clock. two years old with 50k is nothing and a year old evoque with 10k is just run in. Any new car will lose more in the first few months than in the next 18 months if you can get a nearly new evoque for 2k less than new price and less than 1k miles why not , stratstone have two on their site and a third with 6k on the clock about 3-4k under new price....

Agreed!

Post #145650 14th Jun 2012 5:51 am
chrisr1806

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Re: Delivery time evoque, wait or freelander?

I'd go with the FL2. The evoque is nice but it's too flashy for me. I think it's a wags car. Whistle

Last edited by chrisr1806 on 5th Apr 2013 6:02 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #159032 28th Oct 2012 2:30 pm
Aero_383

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand

I have just given back an SD4 Evoque after my FL had some warranty work done.
I loved the auto box, and the modern, digitalised dash etc, but I was glad to get my FL back after a week.

The reason we went for the FL in the first place was that high up ride and utilitarian feel. The Evoque, while very nice, just feels like a car to drive. As stupid as it probably sounds, I like looking over the tops of other cars, and I really like looking at half an acre of bonnet! I also found the Evoque drivers seat electrics gave me a numb right bum cheek after an hours journey.
If you test drive an Evoque for half an hour, you will love it...but live with one for a week and I think you will start to miss the FL.
The FL looks much better splattered with mud as well. Very Happy _________________
Gone - 2010 Rimini XS

Post #159035 28th Oct 2012 2:57 pm
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

Aero_383 wrote:
The FL looks much better splattered with mud as well. Very Happy

Not an issue for the Evoque, as only about 0.01% of them ever will be splattered with mud!

Post #159048 28th Oct 2012 5:17 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>