Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Delivery time evoque, wait or freelander?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
gazza_TT

Aero_383 wrote:
I have just given back an SD4 Evoque after my FL had some warranty work done.
I loved the auto box, and the modern, digitalised dash etc, but I was glad to get my FL back after a week.

The reason we went for the FL in the first place was that high up ride and utilitarian feel. The Evoque, while very nice, just feels like a car to drive. As stupid as it probably sounds, I like looking over the tops of other cars, and I really like looking at half an acre of bonnet! I also found the Evoque drivers seat electrics gave me a numb right bum cheek after an hours journey.
If you test drive an Evoque for half an hour, you will love it...but live with one for a week and I think you will start to miss the FL.
The FL looks much better splattered with mud as well. Very Happy

Agree with your point about the driving position and also want to ad that the load space is much much bigger in the FL2 with the rear seats up and cavernous with the rear seats down. I had the loan evoque for a week and loved it but ultimately its for a different market and not directly comparable as a replacement to the FL2 IMHO.

Post #159072 28th Oct 2012 8:08 pm
gazza_TT

Aero_383 wrote:
I have just given back an SD4 Evoque after my FL had some warranty work done.
I loved the auto box, and the modern, digitalised dash etc, but I was glad to get my FL back after a week.

The reason we went for the FL in the first place was that high up ride and utilitarian feel. The Evoque, while very nice, just feels like a car to drive. As stupid as it probably sounds, I like looking over the tops of other cars, and I really like looking at half an acre of bonnet! I also found the Evoque drivers seat electrics gave me a numb right bum cheek after an hours journey.
If you test drive an Evoque for half an hour, you will love it...but live with one for a week and I think you will start to miss the FL.
The FL looks much better splattered with mud as well. Very Happy

Agree with your point about the driving position and also want to ad that the load space is much much bigger in the FL2 with the rear seats up and cavernous with the rear seats down.

Post #159074 28th Oct 2012 8:11 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

I like the huge glass area in the FL2 and find the Evoque a bit like looking out of a 2nd world war pill box!

Post #159075 28th Oct 2012 8:15 pm
Natwest

United Kingdom 

...and a pill box without a roof when you spec panoramic...

Post #159094 28th Oct 2012 10:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12