Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Land Rover Experience.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
wiggy

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver
Land Rover Experience.....

Booked booked rockingham for the 2nd May.
Did you use your very own pride and joy, or did you bottle it and use theirs ?......

Ive booked to use mine !

Post #138697 4th Apr 2012 11:09 pm
rjc1944

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

My LRE was a "freeby" from the dealer where I bought the Freel. Now with the offer of a brand new one of theirs or the risk of damaging my newly-purchased baby, there's not really a difficult choice Whistle Ours - 2008 Stornoway Grey HSE Auto
Tricia's - 2006 Royal Blue Beetle Cabriolet Auto
Mine - 2014 Vespa GTS 300 Super Sport Matt Black
Ours - 2007 White Bailey Pageant Champagne

Post #138699 4th Apr 2012 11:23 pm
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

You use their cars, (except the Bala trip in the forest, see off road section for details) about to book my fourth experience, different places, different models, widening my knowledge of off road and the product range...... JT Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #138703 4th Apr 2012 11:39 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

rjc1944 wrote:
My LRE was a "freeby" from the dealer where I bought the Freel. Now with the offer of a brand new one of theirs or the risk of damaging my newly-purchased baby, there's not really a difficult choice Whistle

Mad your all mad Very Happy
Why would anyone buy a FL2 and then use someones elses off-road?
There's no way the LR Experience would take their cars where they believe serious damage would occur, so why not take yours?

Had mine resprayed after the accident - was driving off-road less than a week later, yes she now has a few light scratches down the left side off the bushes, but she's a LR thats what they do. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #138712 5th Apr 2012 7:48 am
Andy S

United Kingdom 

I've done 3 LR Experiences at Ashford. You use their cars and they do take you places and do things whcih 95% of owners would never do in their own cars - sheer drop down a quarry in your own car? don't think so.

Last time out it was just me and the instructor in the car - usually you're 3 up plus instructor - and when he learned I could 'off road' (I learned to drive on tractors) he took me off the main course with the words "Well let's see what you can do then". Best two hours I've spent in a green oval; this fella showed me loads of tricks with the car I'd never thought of doing but which I've put into practice since. Best bit was demonatrating the 'emergency brake' on the RRS. Take it up to 50 and then flip the electronic handbrake switch. stops dead in about 30 metres with no fuss. Awesome!

Post #138723 5th Apr 2012 9:18 am
yorkshiregrit

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Bali Blue

It was a LRE at Eastnor Castle back last September that gave me my first taste of Land Rover and of off roading! That was in a Disco 4 and was brilliant fun!

Having just bought my freelander the dealer has handed me another experience voucher and thew in a second one for my old man (think he plans to sell him a car too!)

Booked it for the Skipton centre in June to spend a morning in a Freelander and the afternoon with my old man driving a Disco.

After the drive at Eastnor there is no way that I would willingly take my own car round the tracks when there is the option of taking theirs! Why wouldn't you let them take the risk when you can?

Post #138730 5th Apr 2012 9:42 am
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue
Re: Land Rover Experience.....

wiggy wrote:
Booked booked rockingham for the 2nd May.
Did you use your very own pride and joy, or did you bottle it and use theirs ?......

Ive booked to use mine !

It would be pretty unusual for someone to use their own vehicle when attending an LR Experience session. Having seen the tracks at Rockingham I'd think twice about using my own.

Post #138768 5th Apr 2012 2:40 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Did a LRE at Rockingham today. (Thank you Andrea & Dawn @ Duckworths) I had booked a Freelander but it was U/S Shocked (Dealer failed to bleed the power steering properly apparently). They offered me the choice of other models available plus another voucher for future use Thumbs Up I opted for the Discovery 4 which was impressive and very enjoyable. My 15 yr old grandson even had a go! The ground was just right - mud, ruts plus standing water - just the business! Thank you Rockingham. I look forward to the next booking with the FL2! 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #145013 6th Jun 2012 7:38 pm
ebygum32

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Did the same freelander 2 in the morning and D4 in the afternoon, very impressed with both hence buying both, only disappointing part was it was dry all day so could not use the full potential of the vehicles but never the less still impressed.

Did the same re the handbrake in the D4 also driving about 50 and put the gear lever in reverse Shocked in the D4 thought would leave the gearbox behind but the instructor said don't worry it's all electronic

Also check the cafe out at skipton very nice but bit pricey Thumbs Up

Post #145019 6th Jun 2012 8:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1