« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 attacked by a Saxo
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
FL2 attacked by a Saxo

Last Monday I was using the slip road at the Little Eaton Island in Derby when I was undertaken by a tw Censored t in a Saxo.

Basically, I had moved over from the overtaking lane to the inside lane before taking the slip road. Plenty of room but being as this was Saxo man, he was not happy about me or anyone else being 1 car in front and 'winning' Rolling Eyes

The slip road is only one lane and as I moved down it I suddenly caught sight of the roof of the Saxo in my peripheral vision as he undertook me. He was right up to the kerb and I was thinking WTF is this idiot doing!

Our cars then collided with a glancing blow and it took his mirror off (hanging off) and scratched the lower part of both my doors and left a scuff mark from the mirror impact. He was completely unfazed and drove off at speed. Now if I didn't care about the law or my car I could have rammed his stupid car into oblivion and being a Saxo, it would have disintegrated.

I duly followed him up the A61 whilst gesturing to him to stop. He went up Sir Frank Whittle Road like Lewis Hamilton, cutting another car up whilst swerving back into lane. I promptly drove to work and popped into the police station to do the full report and show all relevant documents.

He has not reported the RTC which is an offence as is failing to stop. The police have issued a notice of intended prosecution and he has 14 days to respond. He is insured according to my insurance company but I am not claiming because rather than get a full re-spray etc for a proper job at £528, I have got it done for £30 Very Happy

This guy I have used before has used T-Cut and machine polished it to perfection. You now need a trained eye and the hubble telescope to spot the microscopic crease.

I hope the guy gets done as it is a strict liability offence and ignorance isn't a defence. Regardless of the RTC itself, failing to stop and/or report is an offence in it's own right so it's just a case of the CPS considering the 'public interest' aspect.

The only problem now is that the black body moulding thingy at the bottom of the front passenger door has been scratched and has a chunk missing from it. Anyone seen any going cheap and are they easy to fit? I might contact Duckworths on that issue.

I really don't need the hassle with 3 exams in the next fortnight Evil or Very Mad LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #141514 30th Apr 2012 8:45 pm
chrisdeeming

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

WHAT A Censored Evil or Very Mad

seen a few bits on the bay mate take a look! Saw some LH pieces on there earlier

Post #141516 30th Apr 2012 8:55 pm
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Sorry to hear of the bad news and i hope he gets done for it !!

It's little late to say now, and in no way am I saying there was anything wrong on you behalf.
But as my Dad said when I first past my test,

1, Watch every one and don't trusted any one.
2, your now dancing with every one else on the road, Some are good at dancing ! some are Cr Censored P at it !

I hope you get good new's from the boys in Blue soon. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #141519 30th Apr 2012 9:16 pm
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Next time that happens rings the nines! (999) complete tool

Post #141521 30th Apr 2012 9:40 pm
ad210358

England 

You really do seem to have some bad luck, if it is not LGV Drivers, it's BMW Drivers, a few runs in with various Saxo's, only last week it was white vans, you seem to attract all and sundry, perhaps a course in defensive driving and the art of perception.

Post #141525 30th Apr 2012 10:02 pm
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Strange I was just thinking that my self Exclamation

Post #141527 30th Apr 2012 10:08 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Non est factum (strictly speaking that relates to contract or tort law but you get the point). Bad luck, wrong place at wrong time. If I or anyone else was the perfect textbook driver, nothing can be done to prevent intervention of other nutters Laughing LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Last edited by The Doctor on 30th Apr 2012 10:22 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #141528 30th Apr 2012 10:20 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Before and after photos please.
I had some damage repaired today.
My photo's will be posted tomorrow. Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #141529 30th Apr 2012 10:20 pm
landy19840

I can't afford to have mine repaired, £750 or £500 excess

Post #141530 30th Apr 2012 10:25 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

You do attract those Saxo drivers don't you...! Do you wear a baseball cap when driving or somet? As the others say - its all about driving defensively these days, my father is an instructor and has every licence possible.. He also holds some of the highest honours when it comes to advanced driving and he has tought me many a teqnique for getting out and staying out of trouble with all the n Censored ers on the road.

As for your damage - sounds like you got away lightly.. A plastic strip should be easy to find on the bay - alternatively you may want to try and fix the one you have.. It's amazing what a smart repairer can do.

You might want to think twice about what to do with your crease - however small it is, if you return the car after the end of your finance agreement, they are sure to find it and sting you for double what you would pay for it Big Cry . If it is accessible it might be worth getting a dent repairer to take a look?

Drive safe Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #141533 30th Apr 2012 10:41 pm
athelstan

landy19840 wrote:
Next time that happens rings the nines! (999) complete tool

NO DON'T DO THAT - the 999 services have enough to deal with when folks are really in need of their EMERGENCY response. No one was injured or their life under direct immediate threat. An unpleasant incident took place and the (uninjured) aggrieved party was perfectly able, in his own words, to conduct a chase and report the matter to the local police station. Calling 999 in those circumstances would have tied up personal and resources quiet unnecessarily, and, potentially delayed a response to an incident that absolutely was a matter of life and death.

ad210358 wrote:
You really do seem to have some bad luck, if it is not LGV Drivers, it's BMW Drivers, a few runs in with various Saxo's, only last week it was white vans, you seem to attract all and sundry, perhaps a course in defensive driving and the art of perception.

On the evidence presented by the Time Lord himself over numerous posts, it does indicate that his asymptote calibration when conducting spacial manoeuvres is indeed in urgent need of fine tuning. I recommend that he reads "Worlds in Collision" by Immanual Velikovsky ISBN 034913573o8

Post #141544 1st May 2012 7:32 am
dunroof

Thumbs Up

Last edited by dunroof on 30th Oct 2012 8:06 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #141548 1st May 2012 8:39 am
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Sounds like the perfect situation for those windscreen mounted cameras!

and in the Doc's case probably a worthwhile addition to both front and rear screens Whistle 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #141551 1st May 2012 9:22 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

reading between the lines it sounds like you did something to upset Saxoman ?

sure you didn't leave the exit a bit late and cut his nose off ?

Iain

Post #141554 1st May 2012 9:44 am
landy19840

Yes defo do! Someone has committed an offence there fore needs dealing with. If not 999 ring 101 then the control can decide what's resources are availible. I know in glos road rage or driving dangerously is always responded to where possible

Post #141556 1st May 2012 9:53 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>