Home > General > Just paid my road tax
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White
Just paid my road tax

:bulb:
Paid my £210 and thought about a colleague from Southern Ireland driving an 2009 FL2 GS Auto, he pointed out the tax cost of his one 1,050 euros, this would be for all pre 2011my. his Disco 3 is 2100 euros.
I checked online and the 2011my TD4e would be 447 euros and all other 11my FL2 630 euros.

please, please, DONT FORWARD THIS TO any UK government officials, they might get some Censored Censored ideas. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #121893 29th Nov 2011 8:45 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

"please, please, DONT FORWARD THIS TO any UK government officials, they might get some ideas."

well that was silly then Rolling with laughter
as the majority of civil servants will be on strike tomorrow bored at home, surfing the net, & Looking for jobs with final salary pensions, 44 days holiday and early retirement !!!!!!!!
They will be looking a long time ! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

If they hate their jobs please leave so some of us can have a reasonable job with half decent pension blah blah blah

Last edited by oldgeezer on 29th Nov 2011 9:53 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #121896 29th Nov 2011 8:49 pm
druand

Playing safe, Thursday is 1st of month and I drive through 19 gantries of average speed cameras on regular 32 mile journey.
NOT CONFIRMED but these work (certainly for speeding) on front no plate recognition and some are said to be linked to detect tax, mot etc same as traffic cars. All FL2's (3) Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #121902 29th Nov 2011 9:02 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thanks you have just reminded me to find my docs for my tax Thumbs Up

Post #121905 29th Nov 2011 9:38 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

£210 Question that's less than what I pay for mine for 6 months Laughing

Post #121907 29th Nov 2011 9:47 pm
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Quote:
oldgeezer wrote
well that was silly then
as the majority of civil servants will be on strike tomorrow bored at home, surfing the net, & Looking for jobs with final salary pensions, 44 days holiday and early retirement !!!!!!!!
They will be looking a long time ! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

If they hate their jobs please leave so some of us can have a reasonable job with half decent pension blah blah blah

maybe you should try working in the public sector Exclamation before you make statements like that Evil or Very Mad

Post #121908 29th Nov 2011 9:49 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

toeknee wrote:
Quote:
oldgeezer wrote
well that was silly then

maybe you should try working in the public sector Exclamation before you make statements like that Evil or Very Mad

Maybe you should try working Laughing

Post #121910 29th Nov 2011 9:51 pm
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Very good Dave, all ready had the threat of redundancy earlier in the year and the way things are going could well be looked at again in the new year, I wouldn't wish the that threat on anyone who's working regardless of who you work for.

people see the press and see the public sector earning a fortune in wages and pensions, simple not true, i will not be on strike tomorrow as i don't agree with that sort of action, especially more so in the current economic climate.

Last edited by toeknee on 29th Nov 2011 10:07 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #121911 29th Nov 2011 10:04 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

People should really stop believing what the media say about the public sector. It's one big witch hunt, and the government are lapping it up.
I don't work in the public sector, but most do a great job with little praise and are sacrificed whenever the government in power mess up.

Post #121912 29th Nov 2011 10:05 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Made redundant sept 2010, been to work for two companies that expected an 80 hour week and no pension contribution and 20 days holiday a year! My pension compnany that I paid into vasts. Amounts too is currently worth less than a years council tax! My pal that I worked with worked till he was 73 and his pension was robbed and index link was cancelled so his is worth naff all! So really in reality the private sector aint any better unless your a stock broker or banker.
Some of my pals in the Civil service have to work longer now and have lost their final salary pension but no different to my wife loosing her final salary pension with the Bank. So life is no greener on the other side.! The good times in general are gone for a long time!

Post #121921 29th Nov 2011 10:59 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

I got worried about pensions in 2007 so i took a reduced final salary and voluntary redundancy after 37 years service. So i did okay. Those that could have left with me but were too greedy and hung on for more were not wise as it turned out.

I did suggest at the time to my A&L bank that there was a chance they could go bust, and got laughed at.

If a thicko engineer like me could see the rocky road ahead, why didn't the 'experts'?
Or were they too busy lining their own pockets? Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #121925 29th Nov 2011 11:13 pm
snowy22255

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Just a couple of thoughts on some of the comments in this thread :

Druand

I think you are talking about the Average Speed Cameras on the A77 and they are exactly that, I am sure they are not connected to ANPR which is what is fitted to many Police cars and records sightings of vehicles which have been recorded as not having a current tax disc, no insurance and other items of interest. Big brother may well be watching but not that much.

The public sector Unions are making great play of how their members will have to pay extra pension contributions, they don't point out the difference between what different groups already pay. Currently some senior Civil Servants and senior Military Officers pay nothing and in the groups that do pay I believe the range may be from
5% - 11.5%. Of course the Government don't mention that either as they want to keep those 'free' groups on board.

How many people who strike tomorrow know that to do so may affect their pension as it means they have 1 days less pension contribution which needs to be repaid. The effect is even greater on those who are due to retire within the next year. The info is on the internet but have the Unions or indeed the Government warned the people concerned.

Can you really believe either side in this or any other dispute and generally the media only want headlines. Who actually tells the public the truth, next thing you will start believing car salesmen.

Post #121928 29th Nov 2011 11:51 pm
druand

Yes Snowy, cruise control a must when roads quiet.

I think original thread lost somewhere
I was trying to compare Eire road tax to UK. All FL2's (3) Gone

Post #121933 30th Nov 2011 12:16 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1