« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > waxing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
taztastic

England 

Directions:

1. PREPARE: Surface should be cool, clean, and well prepped.

2. APPLY: Spray a small amount of Jett either directly onto the surface or onto a quality microfiber towel. Less is more; only a small amount of product is required. One spray per body panel is often sufficient.

3. SPREAD: Using very light pressure, use the microfiber towel to spread the Jett evenly across a small section of the car.

4. BUFF: Continue buffing the Jett with the microfiber towel while still wet. Use very light pressure and continue until the surface is clear and free of residue. Switch to a dry section of towel for the final pass to ensure a streak free shine.

EY...I don't normally recommend stuff as there are always the nay sayers, but if you want to spend Ł17 inc postage and be amazed at the shine...get some Thumbs Up

Post #118396 28th Oct 2011 7:38 pm
taztastic

England 

toeknee wrote:
Taz the bug may have bitten, you know its serious when you start to spend the same time wsshing the arches as you do the rest of the car Laughing

Hmmm, tempted by a snow foam thing but price is a bit steep, have a karcher pressure washer, maybe I can bodge something together with a pack of adaptors... Whistle

Post #118397 28th Oct 2011 7:40 pm
ad210358

England 

toeknee wrote:
Quote:
ad210358 wrote
More like he as rubbed it that much there is hardly any paint left on it, whilst thinking if I keep rubbing it this hearse it will lighten and become grey. Whistle

says the man who couldn't make his mind up between Black or Grey so got the in between shade Thud Rolling with laughter

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter if only that we're true, one day you will see the light Whistle

Post #118399 28th Oct 2011 7:57 pm
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Quote:
ad210358 wrote
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter if only that we're true, one day you will see the light Whistle

i have and its Black Mr. Green

Quote:
taztastic wrote

Directions:

1. PREPARE: Surface should be cool, clean, and well prepped.

2. APPLY: Spray a small amount of Jett either directly onto the surface or onto a quality microfiber towel. Less is more; only a small amount of product is required. One spray per body panel is often sufficient.

3. SPREAD: Using very light pressure, use the microfiber towel to spread the Jett evenly across a small section of the car.

4. BUFF: Continue buffing the Jett with the microfiber towel while still wet. Use very light pressure and continue until the surface is clear and free of residue. Switch to a dry section of towel for the final pass to ensure a streak free shine.

Taz i would also recommend that the car is clayed or given a go over with some pre wax cleaner, this will prepare the surface of the paint so much more and make it even more shiny

My current regime below

Magi foam and let dwell for 30 minutes, then rinse off
Was using Dodo Juice Sour Power Car shampoo, using the 2 Bucket method, then rinse off
Dry with Microfiber Towels
Clay and then wash and dry again (Some people chose not to wash after this)
Pre-Wax Cleanser (I use a DA machine but can be applied by hand with foam pads)
Glaze, been using Poorboy’s Blackhole, but just about to try Chemical Guys EZ Glaze
Seal , this stage is fairly new to me and will be using CG’s Jetseal109( Think this may be similar product to your Werkstat Acrylic Jett)
Then two coats of Wax, have been using AG HD waxm but not that impressed with its beading qualities
All plastics / rubber trated with Aerospace 303 protectant and of course this includes my dirty arches, wheels are cleaned first with AG Wheel Cleaner and then car shampoo with a good bristle brush. Some people then go on and wax / seal the wheels, I just use AG spray on Wheel protector
Windows treated to a spray of AG fast Glass for a quick polish

Now this is all subjective and other people may come along and agree or disagree, but works for me and can take up to 6-8 hours, usually do a full treatment every 3-4 ,months. Other than that, really impressed with the Magi foam which seems to work as a true contactless wash. Wash every couple of weeks, the dry off and a quick spry of quick detailer to top up the wax.

So you could say the bug has bitten me, at least it keeps me out of sight of Mrs Toeknee at the weekends Laughing

Post #118403 28th Oct 2011 8:26 pm
taztastic

England 

Is this jett stuff ok as a finish though, I don't need to wax over the top do I?

Post #118408 28th Oct 2011 8:48 pm
toeknee

Hi taz

Don't know mush about it, but it appears to be sealant, so you could put a couple of coats on, some people still wax over this as added protection Thumbs Up

Post #118411 28th Oct 2011 8:53 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

toeknee wrote:
Hi taz

Don't know mush about it, but it appears to be sealant, so you could put a couple of coats on, some people still wax over this as added protection Thumbs Up
always been a bit of confusion on this,sealant then wax or wax then sealant,well i have used only smartwax stuff for 3 years now,and smartsealant,says on the bottle,this is a excellent final stage after smartwax as been applied ! to prolong the waxprotection,ive read on the net on smartwax usa topics some deatailers will wax over a sealant... Confused Confused Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #118440 29th Oct 2011 9:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

I nit too sure but I think the werkstat kit can be used on it's own, no need for wax on top or visas Vera Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #118450 29th Oct 2011 11:32 am
taztastic

England 

It would seem as though it can be used alone, it is so quick and easy to use, it will certainly do for me.
Put an order in with the kids for a karcher foam attachment for Crimbo, I really am on a slippery (scuse pun) slope here.
Need some tyre dressing now Whistle

Raining here but heres a pic

Click image to enlarge

Post #118451 29th Oct 2011 11:44 am
toeknee

next thing on the list after Christmas will be a machine polisher Thumbs Up

Post #118462 29th Oct 2011 4:18 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Professional foam guns are loads better than marcher but cost loads more Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #118463 29th Oct 2011 4:29 pm
taztastic

England 

toeknee wrote:
next thing on the list after Christmas will be a machine polisher Thumbs Up

Oh no it won't, new lens for camera is next, or before if I get bored and can hide the credit card payments Whistle

Post #118464 29th Oct 2011 4:44 pm
toeknee

Seems we think alike when it comes to the CC payments Rolling with laughter

Post #118466 29th Oct 2011 4:46 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Waxing? I always thought a sac, back and crack was painful - but the result would be as smooth as a baby's bxm!

Rolling with laughter 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #118511 30th Oct 2011 9:36 am
hutchingsp

I got lazy with my FL2 and had a professional do a "new car detail" using GTechniq products. Absolutely amazing stuff in how well it protects the wheels, and the windscreen treatment is simply dangerous because the water beads up and off it so well that you find yourself mesmerised by the beading instead of the road if you're not careful.

Only downside is that I've decided that 4x4's look better covered in dirt so I haven't bothered to wash it for about 3 months.

Post #119401 6th Nov 2011 2:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12