« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > 2012 Model Year FL2?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

ad210358 wrote:
Can't see the LR going back to a petrol for the UK, they stopped the last one because of poor sales, The States has big following for petrol as it is so cheap there and diesel is not so readily available like it is here.

They may change their minds towards the end production of the Freelander 2 and bring out a sporty model as a limited edition to boost sales and use up the parts a bit but other than that I can't see it.

True but the last FL2 petrol was a 6 cylinder 3.2 and very thirsty, the new Si4 is a 4 cylinder 2.0 turbo as we know, and mpg is far superior than the old 3.2.

I would be more suprised if they don't do it as the main competition from Audi, BMW, Ford etc all offer 4 cylinder petrols as well as the diesels. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #118233 26th Oct 2011 8:21 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Tigger wrote:
Lets see what the US makes of a highly tuned 2 litre 4 cylinder engine in a 4x4, in place of Volvo's nice, torquey, 3 litre 6 cylinder engine. The fuel and CO2 savings will mean nothing to the Americans....

Personally, I would laugh at the new engine in place of a diesel Laughing

The Si4 engine is far smoother and develops more torque than the old 3.2. I spend quite a bit of time in the US and they are all counting the pennies now and many new cars sold are 4 cylinder units. They will always have the V6 and V8's but they are sold on a much smaller scale.

Mercedes are now offering 4 cylinder diesel and petrol for the first time. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #118235 26th Oct 2011 8:23 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

saw a transporter on the M6 in Cannock today going south, more FL2's on it than Evoques!!! Shocked

Post #118243 26th Oct 2011 9:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123