Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > 2012 Model Year FL2?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

I agree with you Richard and lets not forget that TaTa are in the business of making money. They see a gap in the market and away they go.....Hense the Evoke and the RRS before it.
We had the RR vougue, which for most, was just a dream car with a price tag of 75K+, so following some research, it was found that the people who like the RR wanted something along the same lines but for a £50K price and along came the sport.
Now, research has shown that their is a market for something more acceptable to the eco concious who still want a capable car with a RR badge but without the "Chelsea Tractor/Drug Dealer's car" nametag, so the Evoke is born, they get it endorsed by VB and now it has appeal from a whole new market.

This is no different to what was done when the original freelander was launched having seen a huge gap in the market for those wanting a smaller 4x4, which went on to outsell all other cars in its class for several years.

I believe the Evoke has a place in the market, but I do not necessarily agree that it is same place as the Freelander 2.

Post #117914 24th Oct 2011 11:08 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Nicely put Wizking Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #117915 24th Oct 2011 11:37 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Evoke is for people who watch x-factor.
Fl2 is for people not as easily fooled by a few flashing lights and the roars of a crowd of halfwits.
RRS is for people who enjoy the finer things in life. Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #117916 24th Oct 2011 12:16 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

chicken george wrote:
Evoke is for people who watch x-factor.
Fl2 is for people not as easily fooled by a few flashing lights and the roars of a crowd of halfwits.
RRS is for people who enjoy the finer spliffs in life. Whistle

Whistle

Post #117918 24th Oct 2011 12:34 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Personally i think, if you want to buy a new car and want to upgrade the brand badge and keep economy then the Evoque is a good choice,

i want to head to the D4 or RRS next but i can't help thinking if i did then due to my lifestyle they would be very bad mpg, but the evoque should be the same or better than my FL2 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #117919 24th Oct 2011 12:43 pm
EYorkshire

But owning an evoque is not cool and can alter peoples opinion of your gender. Embarassed

Post #117920 24th Oct 2011 12:46 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

EYorkshire wrote:
But owning an evoque is not cool and can alter peoples opinion of your gender. Embarassed

Go and try a SD4 version than give us your opinion - I think you will find its more than a female and Hair dressers vehicle.
In fact apart from all the fancy bits, it is an extremely well built and practical 4x4 far more so than our Freely Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #117928 24th Oct 2011 2:02 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Evoque - designed by a footballers wife = for a footballers wife

Post #117933 24th Oct 2011 2:49 pm
EYorkshire

I would have to go in disguise before even contemplating taking one off the dealers forecourt, and then the test drive would have to be in another county in case I'm recognised. Laughing

It still doesn't do it in the practicalities stakes for me, but I'll still speak to someone who's bought one just to show I'm not prejudiced. Thumbs Up

Post #117940 24th Oct 2011 4:08 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Never mind the "width" feel the "Evoque" quality Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #117963 24th Oct 2011 6:05 pm
ad210358

England 

Not sure what others think but I reckon hell will freeze before an Evoque is parked on the drive of EY Very Happy

Post #117966 24th Oct 2011 6:13 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Been to LR factory today, apparently the FL2 will remain as it is for 3 more years. With possible minor spec changes along the way, but nothing fundamental will change.

The decision is still being made as to whether LR offer the forth coming Freelander Si4 to the UK market. It is going to the US and Oz, but not planned for here yet. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #118075 25th Oct 2011 1:43 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Mav71 wrote:
Been to LR factory today, apparently the FL2 will remain as it is for 3 more years. With possible minor spec changes along the way, but nothing fundamental will change.

The decision is still being made as to whether LR offer the forth coming Freelander Si4 to the UK market. It is going to the US and Oz, but not planned for here yet.

As soon as I heard about the Si4 Evoque I immediately thought that there would be an Si4 Freelander 2 on 2012 spec. Seems like I am wrong. They should do it for UK, we make the things but seem to get the short straw! Sad (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #118105 25th Oct 2011 6:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ad210358

England 

Can't see the LR going back to a petrol for the UK, they stopped the last one because of poor sales, The States has big following for petrol as it is so cheap there and diesel is not so readily available like it is here.

They may change their minds towards the end production of the Freelander 2 and bring out a sporty model as a limited edition to boost sales and use up the parts a bit but other than that I can't see it.

Last edited by ad210358 on 25th Oct 2011 6:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #118106 25th Oct 2011 6:08 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Lets see what the US makes of a highly tuned 2 litre 4 cylinder engine in a 4x4, in place of Volvo's nice, torquey, 3 litre 6 cylinder engine. The fuel and CO2 savings will mean nothing to the Americans....

Personally, I would laugh at the new engine in place of a diesel Laughing

Post #118109 25th Oct 2011 6:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>