Home > General > Xenons + DAB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JBC

England 
Xenons + DAB

Hi

My new FL2 (new to me - 08 plate!) has Xenons fitted. Are they adapitve - ie. turn with the car steering? How can I tell? Did they do Xenons that weren't adaptive?

I have the premium audio system - it has a button with Digital / FM on it - is this the same as DAB? When I press it, it simply swaps between FM 1 & 2. There is no signal showing on the symbols like this:- 00000. Is that why I dont get a DAB selection? Do I have DAB? If not DAB then what is 'Digital'?

Just getting to know my car a bit...thanks in advance for you assistance / patience!

Jon

Post #117176 17th Oct 2011 3:49 pm
BrianAbbott

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Ipanema Sand
Re: Xenons + DAB

JBC wrote:
Hi

My new FL2 (new to me - 08 plate!) has Xenons fitted. Are they adapitve - ie. turn with the car steering? How can I tell? Did they do Xenons that weren't adaptive?

They could be. But normally they're not adaptive. The adaptive ones cost a fair bit more. Take it out on a night drive and see Wink

Quote:
I have the premium audio system - it has a button with Digital / FM on it - is this the same as DAB? When I press it, it simply swaps between FM 1 & 2. There is no signal showing on the symbols like this:- 00000. Is that why I dont get a DAB selection? Do I have DAB? If not DAB then what is 'Digital'?

Just getting to know my car a bit...thanks in advance for you assistance / patience!

Jon

If you have DAB that button should switch between FM 1 & 2 and DAB 1 & 2[/quote] Brian

MY11 FL2 SD4 GS
Extras to same spec as XS apart from the Satnav, plus Xenons.
Ipenema Sand, Ebony.

Post #117179 17th Oct 2011 3:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

park up against a wall, and when you turn on, you'll be able to see the headlights do a up down/left right dance

or a slow turn and you'll see the beam swing round left or right

All buttons say digital, your sounds like the non DAB unit, as said previously your missing the DAB1 & 2 Option Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #117181 17th Oct 2011 4:02 pm
EYorkshire

It's a little bit misleading as the 'Digital' refers to the tuning of the radio, not to DAB.

Post #117183 17th Oct 2011 4:08 pm
Hicksy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

They simply use the same button as the dab radio, I asked this question last week to my dealer, I to have the same button

Post #117202 17th Oct 2011 6:57 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

The Digital button was on my 07 SE before DAB radios became available and as previously stated it refers to Digital Tuning and not DAB. As also stated the button is the same whether or not DAB is fitted.
The easy way to see if you have DAB is to turn the radio on and a DAB logo will appear on the welcome screen (at least it does on my MY11 XS)

Post #117209 17th Oct 2011 7:30 pm
donny

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Izmir Blue

if you press the digital/fm button and it just cycles through fm 1 & 2 then DAB isn't fitted and I understand it cannot be retro-fitted

I have xenons on mine but not adaptive - just the fixed type as part of the winter pack.
Xenons seems a fairly rare option as they were not standard even on the highest trim level. Adaptive versions became available but are even less common in my experience. I recall reading that to go from standard to adaptive xenons you will also need a new lighting ecu and some other bits

Post #117222 17th Oct 2011 8:01 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1