Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 105 of 339 <123 ... 104105106 ... 337338339>
Print this entire topic · 
RussH

England 

Hello all. I finally took the plunge and bought a new Freelander 2 XS SD4 auto, picked it up last Friday.
I have a couple of questions/comments.
I have the full leather upgrade electric seats however after looking in the owners book it shows 2 seat types. First is the manual adjustment then electric. With the electric the only other option I can see is for the memory seat. I do not have the memory option however the book shows the std electric seats should have an up and down adjustment for the front edge of the seat. Mine does not appear to have this, is this correct or are there more than two types of electric seat option?
Is ther a setting for the clock or sat nav to automatically come on every time you start the car instead of having to switch on every time?
Apart from that really loving it.

Post #116078 7th Oct 2011 7:27 pm
taztastic

England 

Hello Thumbs Up

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic10114.html?highlight=

Post #116081 7th Oct 2011 7:43 pm
RussH

England 

Thanks taztastic, looks like the got rid of that function then. I also have the up rated alpine radio, should this have DAB of are there other radio options for this?
Done 350 miles so far and and av 29mpg and this is really going easy.

Post #116084 7th Oct 2011 7:56 pm
taztastic

England 

DAB is an option, don't worry your not missing anything, it is still not good enough IMHO for cars yet.

5 weeks in and 3300 miles average 35, mines auto, don't worry about it, the Sat Nav should be automatic, dont have that so not sure how it works.

Post #116088 7th Oct 2011 8:08 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Ay up RussH,
Glad you are enjoying your new toy. MPG seems about right for an auto, it might increase a bit as you put the miles on. It does weigh almost two tons!
Official mpg figures are almost impossible to achieve. Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #116090 7th Oct 2011 8:12 pm
stardrinker

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi all, am new to this site and work in GHana, west Africa. i own a freelander 2 HSE 2009 model which has done around 16,000 miles in the uk.

Post #116213 8th Oct 2011 6:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Freelander Too

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Great site will be reading lots on here I expect!

Post #116472 11th Oct 2011 11:08 am
MikeM46

United Kingdom 

Hi!
Just bought a manual 2010 TD4e HSE from Matford Landrover, Exeter. It was the only nearly new manual gearbox one listed in the entire Land Rover approved listings for the UK that came with roof rails. Absolutely delighted with it tho have yet to work out which blue it is (I'd call it a Royal Blue)

Downsizing from a VW California Campervan is taking a bit of getting used to but getting this is a pleasant consolation so far & at least I can now just roll out of the seat rather than dropping down a foot or so. Now fully shod on new Pirelli Scorpions it's a delight to drive!

Post #116995 16th Oct 2011 5:53 am
HSP8

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Fuji White

G'day. I'm located in Perth, Western Australia and have just bought a new Freelander 2 TD4 manual.

This replaces a 2002 Discovery 2 V8 auto which I bought new to tow a boat and to use for touring. I thought I'd never get rid of it, however reliability problems and major repair expenses have prompted the change. Since I'm now not planning major off roading, but still want to tour and pull the boat, I decided to downsize to a SUV (AWD??). I considered other manufactureres, but came back to the Freelander TD4 for its weight, torque and reported off road capability.

Or maybe, being a Pom, I'm just genetically disposed to Landrovers. I hope it proves more reliable than the disco.

Harry

Post #117268 18th Oct 2011 12:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewPorter

United Kingdom 

Hi,

Not an owner yet but expect to be soon.

I will never take the car off road but will look after it very well!

My experience with the Rover I drive now is that a great forum is essential and this seems the best one I could find.

So hi everyone!

A n d r e w Looking to buy a Freelander 2 with a decent spec and not too many miles at a good price. Send me a message if you have one.

Currently drive a high spec Rover 75 which is gorgeous but not big enough.

Post #117296 18th Oct 2011 11:43 am
GeorgeG

United Kingdom 

MikeM46 wrote:
Hi!
Just bought a manual 2010 TD4e HSE from Matford Landrover, Exeter. It was the only nearly new manual gearbox one listed in the entire Land Rover approved listings for the UK that came with roof rails. Absolutely delighted with it tho have yet to work out which blue it is (I'd call it a Royal Blue)

Downsizing from a VW California Campervan is taking a bit of getting used to but getting this is a pleasant consolation so far & at least I can now just roll out of the seat rather than dropping down a foot or so. Now fully shod on new Pirelli Scorpions it's a delight to drive!

Hi Mike

What a coincidence - I have downsized from a California which I bought new 4 years ago. Used the proceeds (don't they hold their value well) to buy a new SD4 HSE. Well I had to chop in my old Forester as well. The idea is to use the FL2 to tow a caravan as a replacement for the camper. The advantage is that you don't have to lug all that metal around every time you go anywhere from the camp site.

I see you are in Devon. Did you get the Cali from Carrs in Exeter? I found them an excellent dealer compared with dreadful VW car dealers I have experienced over the years.

Still miss the California in many ways. I'm sure I will take a massive hit in depreciation compared to the Cali when it's time to change.

Post #117314 18th Oct 2011 12:57 pm
JJJ

South Africa 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Alaska White

Hi All,

Looking for some LR2 info - service manual actually, but no luck - I was directed to this site. Browsing through the offroad category - where my interest lies - I felt that I may be able to contribute by way of some some of my "LR2 robusting experiments".

I will therefore head to this section straight from here, and provide some links to a local 4x4 site.

Hopefully this may be of use.

Regards

Johnie

Post #117490 20th Oct 2011 9:03 am
AiLFoR

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black
Just Back 2 Freelander

New to forum and just back to Freelander 2 after a long spell with Audi 6, 4 cabrio and 3: Last Freelander was a 2001 GS which I had from new until 2003 - Its nice to be back!! Thumbs Up Rest and be Thankful

Post #117755 22nd Oct 2011 2:08 pm
-pd-

Poland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Sumatra Black
New one on the forum

hello! I'm new here hope will find lots of hint about Freelander 2
cheers!
-pd-

Post #117848 23rd Oct 2011 3:36 pm
EYorkshire

Hi all, hope you enjoy your stay Thumbs Up
@-pd-, nearest I got to your city was the 'Salt Mines', wow, what a spectacle.

Post #117854 23rd Oct 2011 4:38 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 105 of 339 <123 ... 104105106 ... 337338339>