« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > when will it stop going wrong
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
Pedro

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

oldgeezer wrote:
This thing has been riddled with faults from 1 week old and it has never improved. I should of rejected it long time ago but always thought the last fault would be the last !

In year 2, I went to another Landrover dealer and was totally ripped off for reasons I cannot divulge all , but was charged for bits not used or fitted ! and it spent a total of 59 mins in the workshop for its 2nd year service.
It was also booked in for yet more downloads but the techs were having a laugh over how much B.....ks it was and never carried out the download either !
How did I know this ? because the cars fitted with an in-car camera with visual and voice record ! & captured it all including under the bonnet visual and no oil flush was put in either but i was charged for it !
I was so angry I was fuming but they were 35 miles away so never went back !
I think its about time some people have to wake up to the fact that you may not get what you pay for !

I have never ever in my life encountered such incompetence , in my life !
Some of the recording I have would make your eyes pop out ! there is some very concerning footage !
Oh and it spent over 2 years going to different dealers for a severe hesitation pulling away which it was discovered at 2.5 years old that it the auto-box was selecting 2nd gear to pull away. So much for factory trained technicians ! and it was so dangerous to drive and all my requests were ignored !

Well I live in Wiltshire and know all of the dealers and some of the ' independants ', in the surrounding counties. Also, in my job, i work closely on occasion with both Wiltshire, Gloucester and Oxfordshire Trading standards and know the folk there well. As such, if you have evidence of local dealers commiting fraud then you should definitely submit it to Trading Standards as we all want to be protected from such unscrupulous garages !!

Post #111335 27th Aug 2011 9:39 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

The response from L/R has been very poor and actually taking the micky ! The dealership have only recently taken serious action but as for any off them taking me seriously its a joke !
I have no confidence in them finding a solution ! the real sad thing is, that all I Originally asked for was an extension of the factory warranty and /or new auto-box as mine has been slaughtered pulling away in 2nd gear , rear axle as mine whines really badly when hot after towing, replacement BCU to overcome all the electrical issues I am suffering ! and for the air con to be finally fixed so its cold. never has been since it had a new control valve fitted ! That was all I was originally asked for but as they don't have the confidence to offer an extension and put things right its all rather worrying !!!!!!!

Post #111336 27th Aug 2011 9:43 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

sorry to hear of your problems. Every new car has its faults along the way - seems as though you have had more than your fair share and from personal experience when i had a fault with my 3 month old FL2 back in 2008 I couldnt believe the incompetency of the dealers (i was dealing with three!)

Supplying dealer (mine was a lease car supplied from a dealer 120 mile away) = refused to respond to emails, letters or answer the phone or respond to voicemails
1st dealer = had 3 attempts at fixing the fault, responsible for trim falling over day after collecting vehicle, in the end suggested i took it somewhere else!
2nd dealer = said they fixed it and hadnt, had it twice for over a week, dented the bonnet but denied it and left me to foot the bill, finally fixed fault on third attempt, wanted to charge me for refixing the front grille on when it worked loose which was a 5 minute job (which to all credit the 1st dealer sorted out for me free of charge)
Land Rover Customer Serice = ha, absolute rubbish, do not care about customers! Simple as that!

All in all the custpmer service once you have parted with your money is very poor, perhaps as already suggested because we havent parted with 50K for a RR or RRS? There are good dealers out there but these appear to be the minority. HOWEVER the FL2 is the best car I have ever driven and has been almost 100% reliable and therefore is why I opted for another this year.

Perhaps the dealer is purposely creating faults so that you will part with more cash for one of their new Evoques due in next month??? Whistle Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #111349 28th Aug 2011 12:46 am
oldgeezer

oh well here we go, booked in yet again !!!!!!!!!
this time to have the seizing rear handbrake fixed, noisy power steering , sudden big loss of coolant and service due warning that keeps appearing when I hit the start button ! ( not before )
even though its just had a new instrument cluster 2 weeks ago along with other bits !
I wonder when i will get it back this time ? but i suppose it keeps the mileage down !
I wonder whether this time it will be finally fixed Whistle till I drive it again !

Post #111654 31st Aug 2011 8:14 am
sweetfreedom

Not surprisingly Land Rover as a marque comes last in just about every reliability survey available.
Worst are the RR sport and Disco...

Unyet the image is sky-high and I still like the damned things!

All around me friends with LR products feel the same. Just shows how strong a brand can be doesn't it? FL2 GS Auto '58reg

Post #111704 31st Aug 2011 7:28 pm
oldgeezer

well its still at the dealer and they are being very attentive , but its doesn't excuse the fact that its now waiting to have new PAS rack and pump fitted starting Tues/wed and more electrical tests ! Its had the handbrake done and the coolant loss appeared to be EGR related but time will tell !

I wonder what's next ? This thing is not fit for purpose at all ! and all I keep hearing is people saying how brilliant they are and never had a problem ! so why is everything going wrong with mine ?

I think now if mine produces one more fault I gonna drive it through their plate glass windows in anger ! Its time to get angry to show em just how Censored off I am with it !

Post #112070 4th Sep 2011 3:45 pm
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

oldgeezer wrote:
I think now if mine produces one more fault I gonna drive it through their plate glass windows in anger ! Its time to get angry to show em just how Censored off I am with it !

Make sure you get someone to make a video of it - would be a great addition to YouTube Rolling with laughter 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #112071 4th Sep 2011 3:48 pm
oldgeezer

Actually thats given me a great idea, the in-car camera will capture it all ! but even better one of my family memebers is a film producer so i think its time to make a clip with all the faults listed and post on you tube !
Great idea Rolling with laughter Now the art is going to be how many faults can i list in under 5 mins Rolling with laughter as i don't reckon i will ever get them all in ! and the finale will be returning it via the plate glass window.
Now I reckon that will get massive hits ! it may even be worth scrapping it for that ! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #112074 4th Sep 2011 3:55 pm
gusmagoo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

oldgeezer wrote:
Now the art is going to be how many faults can i list in under 5 mins Rolling with laughter as i don't reckon i will ever get them all in !

5 minutes? You can upload up to 10 minutes of video on youtube if my memory serves me correctly. Think one of mine is nearly 9 minutes long. Anyway just DO IT! Very Happy 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )
My Aviation website - UKHelicopterPilot.com Cool

Post #112376 7th Sep 2011 4:39 pm
oldgeezer

oooohhh Thanks Gusmagoo

Well I might be in luck ! & I hope so. Dealers reported that they may of found the cause of all my electrical garbles ! I have to say they must of done some work !
They removed the battery to body earth lead only;y to find it had a resistance in it that changed with flexing the cable ! undid the wrapping and corroded inside where it moulds into the eyelet ! like a chemical reaction ! bet it was caused by flux!

Well it would explain the complete cock up of electrical foibles from day one ! and it failing to turn over in the cold weather ! It would also explain the instrument pack doing crazy things ! So its now had yet another one of these due to spiking !

Its just such a shame that neither Dealer would take me seriously when i first bought it that all these silly foibles are occurring ! you feel a real nerd reporting them and they look at you as if your on another planet !
So may have it back after the weekend and fingers crossed big time ! Actually looking forward to it working properly for the first time in three years !
If it fails again then through a showroom it goes ! Rolling with laughter

Post #112398 7th Sep 2011 7:22 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

I've got my fingers crossed, as that kind of earthing problem could explain just about every electrical problem under the sun! I really hope it works out for you, you deserve some luck with your Land Rover this time.

Post #112399 7th Sep 2011 7:34 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Fingers crossed for you OG Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #112437 7th Sep 2011 10:46 pm
AiiEEX

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

It'll be a puncture next! Whistle

Wishing you all the best and many, many, stress free miles Thumbs Up

Post #112442 8th Sep 2011 3:40 am
oldgeezer

Very many thanks for all the messages both here and PM's
I really really hope its fixed ! I don't think anyone will really know just how bad its been ! The only good bit is when they do find something positive you know you haven't been imagining things !
Many thanks to everyone Thumbs Up

Post #112456 8th Sep 2011 8:54 am
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

I too hope the problem is solved for you OG. Thumbs Up

It might go some way to explaining why so many people end up adding extra earth cables!!! 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #112483 8th Sep 2011 2:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>