Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > when will it stop going wrong
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

"We've had our fair share of hassle with our FL2 GS, mainly annoying elecetrical gremlins and a pompous main dealer more interested in RR customers....nothing new there! "

Sweetfreedom, the Dealer name first initial doesn't happen to start with a " T " does it ? as your description sums my dealer up perfectly

Post #111296 27th Aug 2011 1:06 pm
oldgeezer

edit

Last edited by oldgeezer on 27th Aug 2011 3:19 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #111307 27th Aug 2011 3:17 pm
oldgeezer

It wont stop going wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well when will it stop going wrong was the right headline !!!!!!!!!

Guy's you wont believe this, on the way to a pals workshop too change the PAS oil and wash out the resovoir to stop the steering whining ! and we were going to dismantle the rear brakes to grease up the handbrake quadrants my WATER LIGHT came on !!!!!! and the resovoir was empty !!!!!
Now where has the water gone ? its never ever used a drop and suddenly now only done 180 miles since last at the dealer 5 miles down the road and third time I have used it yet another problem !!!!!
I really couldn't make this one up ! this is turning into an absolute nightmare !!!!!!!!

So that's three times I have used it since getting it back and that's three more times its developed a fault !! this is just unreal !!!

Could the water loss be EGR related as its just been replaced ?

so I must add I never got to the workshop as i had to turn around and head for home ! yet again. If I had been taking the caravan away this weekend that would of ruined that yet again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #111308 27th Aug 2011 3:18 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

sweetfreedom wrote:
Anyway this reliability index from warranty direct is worth a look.

http://www.reliabilityindex.com/top-100

Would be useful if they knew the FL2 existed! 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #111311 27th Aug 2011 4:09 pm
oldgeezer

It wont stop going wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!
Well when will it stop going wrong was the right headline !!!!!!!!!

Guy's you wont believe this, on the way to a pals workshop too change the PAS oil and wash out the resovoir to stop the steering whining ! and we were going to dismantle the rear brakes to grease up the handbrake quadrants my WATER LIGHT came on !!!!!! and the resovoir was empty !!!!!
Now where has the water gone ? its never ever used a drop and suddenly now only done 180 miles since last at the dealer 5 miles down the road and third time I have used it yet another problem !!!!!
I really couldn't make this one up ! this is turning into an absolute nightmare !!!!!!!!

So that's three times I have used it since getting it back and that's three more times its developed a fault !! this is just unreal !!!

Could the water loss be EGR related as its just been replaced ?

so I must add I never got to the workshop as i had to turn around and head for home ! yet again. If I had been taking the caravan away this weekend that would of ruined that yet again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to top it all ! I have just gone to park in my garage and now its displaying "service due " Its only been back form the dealer 2 weeks since a new dash ! and full service 3 weeks before that .
the service due display keep coming on every two weeks after a service !

I know how to reset it but why does it keep comming on ! yet another fault !!!!!!!!! god thats now 4 things in three trips !!!! when will Landrover listen and admit i have a complete pile or carp ? Big Cry

Post #111314 27th Aug 2011 4:30 pm
realspeed

United Kingdom 

Maybe this is a good reason for buying an ex demo model instead. I bought my one having been owned by another person for only a year before they upgraded to a higher spec. All I can say is what a brilliant car it is, not a single problem with it. Now for me to say this is after having previously owned a 1996 Range Rover which gave me no end of problems including locking me out several times for half an hour, yes even the turn key in door override didn't work.

Realspeed Ex 2010 Freelander2 GS-e Diesel manual Silver owner

Post #111316 27th Aug 2011 5:08 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

is it the same dealer that is sorting your problems ?

sounds like they are fixing one fault and creating another couple while they are at it !!

Iain

Post #111318 27th Aug 2011 5:15 pm
sweetfreedom

dunkley201 wrote:
sweetfreedom wrote:
Anyway this reliability index from warranty direct is worth a look.

http://www.reliabilityindex.com/top-100

Would be useful if they knew the FL2 existed!

FL2 won't appear in warranty firm's stats yet as it hasn't been out long enough to clear the manufacturers std 3 year warranty. No doubt it will appear soon enough. Lets hope it's better than FL1!

Posted the link as confirmation, as if we needed it, that Japanese vehicles lead the way on reliability.

Interesting to see that almost ALL large 4WD vehicles are classed as 'poor' with only the Landcruiser escaping that tag. And it would seem extremely difficult for any 4WD over three years old to enter the top 10 excluding the inevitable Subarus!

I only ever look at warranty firms reliability indexes as they actually haave to pay out for stuff, unlike the purely anecdotal (over enthusiastic) stuff normally found littering these things. FL2 GS Auto '58reg

Post #111321 27th Aug 2011 7:18 pm
sweetfreedom

oldgeezer wrote:
"We've had our fair share of hassle with our FL2 GS, mainly annoying elecetrical gremlins and a pompous main dealer more interested in RR customers....nothing new there! "

Sweetfreedom, the Dealer name first initial doesn't happen to start with a " T " does it ? as your description sums my dealer up perfectly

Not sure I should comment as I have already said what other 4WD I have and don't want even more embarrassment when I next go in with the FL...they might just look at this!
But I would say that I am not the only one to have felt slightly 'second division' and 'suburban' with my humble FL2 when there were highroller RR customers about.
My pals with Defenders feel this even more but at least they have the brutal agricultural image to fall back on!

Not wishing to totally knock all things Landy here. They have tremendous goodwill...everybody loves the marque and so do I, but they are slowly losing their roots but as long as they're selling metal it doesn't really matter does it? Inspite of this I hope to always have a LR product.

Alongside this, and this is difficult here to admit, Jeep have been superb but maybe that's because i drive what is their top model, who knows? But no complaints there with the vehicle or dealerships. FL2 GS Auto '58reg

Post #111322 27th Aug 2011 7:28 pm
sweetfreedom

iain cooper wrote:
is it the same dealer that is sorting your problems ?

sounds like they are fixing one fault and creating another couple while they are at it !!

Iain

Would be interesting to let another dealer look at it wouldn't it? FL2 GS Auto '58reg

Post #111323 27th Aug 2011 7:30 pm
oldgeezer

This thing has been riddled with faults from 1 week old and it has never improved. I should of rejected it long time ago but always thought the last fault would be the last !

In year 2, I went to another Landrover dealer and was totally ripped off for reasons I cannot divulge all , but was charged for bits not used or fitted ! and it spent a total of 59 mins in the workshop for its 2nd year service.
It was also booked in for yet more downloads but the techs were having a laugh over how much B.....ks it was and never carried out the download either !
How did I know this ? because the cars fitted with an in-car camera with visual and voice record ! & captured it all including under the bonnet visual and no oil flush was put in either but i was charged for it !
I was so angry I was fuming but they were 35 miles away so never went back !
I think its about time some people have to wake up to the fact that you may not get what you pay for !

I have never ever in my life encountered such incompetence , in my life !
Some of the recording I have would make your eyes pop out ! there is some very concerning footage !
Oh and it spent over 2 years going to different dealers for a severe hesitation pulling away which it was discovered at 2.5 years old that it the auto-box was selecting 2nd gear to pull away. So much for factory trained technicians ! and it was so dangerous to drive and all my requests were ignored !

Post #111324 27th Aug 2011 7:50 pm
sweetfreedom

Wo... you really have had some time of it, not the greatest advert for LR products or dealerships! I would have taken them to task over the filmed stuff and I wouldn't have cared what they thought of me either...

Pains me to say it but if I were you I would get your FL in as good a state as possible right away and p/ex for a different marque. Perhaps a CRV or similar. It would be difficult to stay with LR surely after all this wouldn't it?

You must have had one of the worst cars on the road, net alone the worst LR! FL2 GS Auto '58reg

Post #111325 27th Aug 2011 8:10 pm
oldgeezer

yeah but what gets my goat is i have had a CRV, never went wrong but didn't have the B.lls of the Landrover.
I wouldn't of kept the L/R if i didn't like it. Its the way the dealerships and L/R customer service are treating me that has really wound me up. I get 100% better service from my Citroen dealer !
Its all very well to clean it up and sell but I have lost 17K on it and for what ? total grief ! & never been avle to use with out it being riddled with faults !
I have kept the video footage as last resort for final negotiations when it comes to watch dog! I have written and sent all the details off and now have to wait !
I'm not letting this one go now.

Post #111328 27th Aug 2011 8:26 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Have you considered taking your video evidence to the Dealer Principal, Land Rover or even Trading Standards. With video evidence you could prove the dealers staff were committing an offence in charging for things they didn't do.

You've obviously been unlucky, i'm on my second Freelander 2 and apart from a power steering related whine on my first one both have been trouble free.

Post #111329 27th Aug 2011 8:28 pm
sweetfreedom

Good for you.

Maybe if you offer up the evidence you have to both dealerships and ask them to respond constructively and generously, you won't take the whole thing direct to Land Rover and the various watchdogs. Might make them do the right thing for you.

Your timing is quite good as with Evoke on the horizon the last thing they need is a media storm with real footage to back it up! FL2 GS Auto '58reg

Post #111330 27th Aug 2011 8:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 8 <12345678>