Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Landrover & Their Paint!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
Landrover & Their Paint!!

I recieved an Evoque pre launch brochure in the post today & when I opened it up a sheet fell out & on it was written this:-

"Following the devastating earthquake in Japan in March, a number of automotive manufacturers are experiencing metallic paint supply issues. Whilst LR has been able to contain some potential disruption we have had to restrict or suspend availability of certain colours"
On reading that I almost fell over with dis-belief & felt I needed to phone them to ask - You are building a British car in England so why on earth are you buying paint from Japan, are we really that useless in this Country now that we can't even make paint? I added that the only reason I could see any logic in this was the fact that they are obviously paying a mere pittance for the paint & then charging the customer £600 for the pleasure.
I was asked to hold the line for a minute & when the guy came back he said that he was sorry but could not find anyone that could answer the question.
This really does baffle me be TBH, I wasn't aware we were that hopeless in today's Britain! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #110028 12th Aug 2011 12:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AiiEEX

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

You have a good point.
Surely there are still some paint companies in existence in the UK that would love that contract but obviously shipping it in is obviously worth doing still.

Unfortunately it may be a "British made" car but it's now owned by India company TATA, of which personally, I think have done a good job with LR so far.

Post #110029 12th Aug 2011 2:33 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

My understanding is that this is a highly specific pigment that could only be sourced from one factory in the world, though this will change with a second plant being set up in Europe.

There's surprisingly little that's actually manufactured in any car plant now, it's really just an assembly plant for parts sourced from all over the world. As far as the Freelander goes, a surprisingly large number of major components are currently sourced from the UK, including the steel for the bodyshell and both petrol (Bridgend) and diesel (Dagenham) engines.

Unfortunately, TATA have laid their plans open to source many more components from India in the future.

Post #110032 12th Aug 2011 6:35 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Another waste of LandRovers time, have you really got nothing better to do than ring up about paint on a car you are not buying Rolling Eyes

If you put that spare time into your garage or cleaning business then you might one day get one Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #110035 12th Aug 2011 7:37 am
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Oh bitch fight!!! Rolling with laughter

Post #110041 12th Aug 2011 8:44 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

eat british chicken Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #110043 12th Aug 2011 8:50 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i do, tesco finest corn fed Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #110044 12th Aug 2011 8:57 am
chicken george

tesco! are you sure its british not just relabed imported Censored , pop to your local butcher he will sell you something vastly superior to tescos 'finest' At work
At home

Post #110054 12th Aug 2011 10:12 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Sure he could, I'll ask next time I'm in Morrisons Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #110056 12th Aug 2011 10:26 am
chicken george

Banging Head the youth of today .

try a steak for example from a proper butcher and compare it to the average supermarket 'premium' steak. see what youve been missing At work
At home

Post #110067 12th Aug 2011 12:12 pm
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

npinks wrote:
Sure he could, I'll ask next time I'm in Morrisons Whistle

I hope all of these buisinesses you're giving blatent advertising to are all site sponsors Whistle

If not I guess you'll have to delete your own account for a breach of Forum rules Rolling with laughter 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #110069 12th Aug 2011 12:13 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i'm not looking for business without paying sponsorship in my posts unlike others Rolling Eyes the fact i am mentioning other businesses has no relevance Rolling Eyes

Its also fine to mention things like i had my 'whatever' carried out at "Joe Bloggs Garage" if your recommending it to somebody who is asking for advice on it and you have used them, or i bought "this" for "them" as long as you have no commercial interests in it.

But that is digressing from the highly enlightening phonecall thread and how you can waste peoples time with pointless questions so back on track....... Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #110080 12th Aug 2011 2:19 pm
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Thanks for the detailed reply 'npinks' - glad we have you looking out for us Thumbs Up 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #110083 12th Aug 2011 2:49 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

npinks wrote:
Another waste of LandRovers time, have you really got nothing better to do than ring up about paint on a car you are not buying Rolling Eyes

If you put that spare time into your garage or cleaning business then you might one day get one

What a stupid response, not a waste of time at all as was a perfectly sensible question to ask given what was written on the sheet & in any case how do you know I can't afford one as there may be some good luck coming our way soon via a family source (deceased) !! Yawn so there! that said I wouldn't waste £38K on one!

You've only got the hump over a previous thread & are now being silly! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #110127 12th Aug 2011 9:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

If you say so, I haven't brought the other thread up myself, but ain't bothered about that anyway.

I've said my opinion on what I think of your phone call, so I'll leave it there

Sorry about the relative, maybe it was wrong to comment on what you can or can't afford, I only went on what you say in your doom and gloom threads of the past, for that then sorry Neutral

Ps don't forget to deduct the relevant taxes prior spending the windfall Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #110130 12th Aug 2011 9:45 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>