Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > when will it stop going wrong
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
alex_pescaru

Executive Valeter wrote:
Mine sometimes says Steering Column Locked when I am driving!! Shocked No idea why....

If VIN is between 197563 to 201659, then you may qualify for Service Action Q102.
It's a CJB's software update for vehicles that erroneusly display the "Steering column locked" message.

Post #108599 27th Jul 2011 12:11 am
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

alex_pescaru wrote:
Executive Valeter wrote:
Mine sometimes says Steering Column Locked when I am driving!! Shocked No idea why....

If VIN is between 197563 to 201659, then you may qualify for Service Action Q102.
It's a CJB's software update for vehicles that erroneusly display the "Steering column locked" message.

Thank You, I will check. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #108600 27th Jul 2011 12:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Executive Valeter wrote:

And sometimes mine tells me to go down a No Entry street, no idea why either. Shocked

Post #108850 30th Jul 2011 1:35 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

to add to the tale of woes my recurculate button has stopped working although it lights up, and the interior Fan speed keeps increaseing by one speed each time the wash wipe is used untill the fan gets to maximum speed !
Its just one thing after another, although it did this when it was brandnew and the dealer couldnt fault it and now its started again! This must of been one seriously Friday afternoon build ! Big Cry

Post #108857 30th Jul 2011 4:27 pm
alex_pescaru

I, for one, in your place, I would try to convince them to change the Central Junction Box, even if they say that it isn't necessary.
The CJB is like a gateway (nexus) for a lot of the car's modules and through there are vehiculated many informations.

Post #108869 30th Jul 2011 8:46 pm
oldgeezer

Thanks Alex.
Arranged for dealer visit this week and I also agree that many problems may stem from the BCM!
Keep you posted.
Fingers crossed, iether action happens this week or a pursue a new avenue.

Post #108901 31st Jul 2011 12:58 pm
oldgeezer

Update
Well its still at the dealer ! Big Cry

Post #109239 4th Aug 2011 1:48 pm
oldgeezer

Oh and its still with the Dealer so thats yet another weekend away caravanning cancelled Big Cry
The reliability is saving me a fortune in fuel and mileage and pitch fees being as I can never use it Rolling Eyes
At least the dealer is being attentive currently, but never ever owned a car like it for reliability !

Currently the loaner this time is a manual eD4, great to have a loan car but i do miss the auto. I suppose this ones been great because I have been able to use for a week without going wrong ! Different as a 2WD model.

Post #109372 5th Aug 2011 9:02 pm
Scott123

Hi oldgeezer!
All your troubles worry me; I have a new vehicle on order and i am not sure I would have your patience.... I do hope they sort the vehicle out for you as you deserve a bit of luck.... As I have ordered a 2wd version I would appreciate your views on how you are finding the loaner relative to your choosen 4wd version. The site does not appear overrun with owners of the 2wd variety...
Thanks
Scott

Post #109376 5th Aug 2011 10:48 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Scott123 wrote:
The site does not appear overrun with owners of the 2wd variety...

Scott

your the first, welcome Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #109382 5th Aug 2011 11:44 pm
parallax33

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

Scott123 wrote:
Hi oldgeezer!
All your troubles worry me; I have a new vehicle on order and i am not sure I would have your patience...

I've just bought a MY11, and everything is looking good so far. I'm hoping that the troublers oldgeezer has experienced have been improved upon, or we are in for a more bumpy ride than we signed up to!

Rolling Eyes 2012 DISCOVERY 4 GS AUTO ORKNEY GREY
2012 FREELANDER 2 SD4 GS AUTO BALTIC BLUE - GONE
2011 FREELANDER 2 TD4 GS MANUAL BALI BLUE - GONE

Post #109385 5th Aug 2011 11:57 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Scott123 wrote:
Hi oldgeezer!
All your troubles worry me; I have a new vehicle on order and i am not sure I would have your patience.... I do hope they sort the vehicle out for you as you deserve a bit of luck.... As I have ordered a 2wd version I would appreciate your views on how you are finding the loaner relative to your choosen 4wd version. The site does not appear overrun with owners of the 2wd variety...
Thanks
Scott

5 Weeks and 4,000 miles and counting and I've only had one problem that was quickly and efficiently sorted by a dealer I visited in Cumbria without even having booked in at 10.30 on a Saturday!

I've driven Volvo V70's for the last 7 or 8 years and 250,000 miles and it's shaping up to be about as reliable, but the customer service is much better on the Land Rover! Thumbs Up I do a lot of miles for work and I'm enjoying driving this car more than any work car I've had since my Citroen XM's of more than 10 years ago.

I don't think that there is a make of vehicle on the plant which doesn't have very lively reporting from an unhappy minority of owners. Each would have you believe that you've made a big mistake in ordering one! Rolling Eyes

For instance, here's a lively debate on the Kuga Owners Forum about transfer box problems:

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/tran...page2.html

Or, if you've got a spare 6 months or so, you could read about the chronic engine problems on post 2007 MINI Cooper S's here:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/second-generati...-cold.html

So, problems are readily reported pretty much everywhere; I really wouldn't let it worry you too much here.

I first went into my local Land Rover dealer to ask for a quote on a 2WD, attracted by the lower CO2 and mpg of the eD4, but eventually went for the 4WD version after having been taken on one of their land Rover Experience courses.

The eD4 is a rarity. If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose the 2WD version?

Tigger.

Post #109388 6th Aug 2011 7:13 am
oldgeezer

well i could vent my anger or frustration, but its more related to Diagnostic capabilities and the ability for a dealer to listen to and belive occuring issues.
The Freelander is great for driving position, (the very reason i bought it ) the engine is full of tourque ! another very good reason why i bought it ! one of the best in its class, so ideal for towing and for me the Auto box dodnt have any restrictions for towing weights so gave me confidence that it was strong.
There are an awful lot of makes of vehicles that when they are in an auto version iether the engine output is reduced or towing weight restricted which tells me the box is on it limits !
Mine when it works tows very well and this year when in the depths of France encountered a 1;6 hill with 2 double bends and 1;4 on one of the turns ! I did have a panick attack with 1600kg of twin axle van at 29.11" long on the back ! but neednt of worried as it coped almost with ease, except that all 4 wheels were scrabbling for grip on one of the double bends.
Im partly to blame for mine and should of rejected it 2 years ago and may be I would of been enjoying a reliable one, so my advice is if the trouble starts take a stance straight away instead of being fobbed off. I think i was told on more than 6 occassions " Oh yes sirs we have a download that will fix that " the fact that 6 attempts to fix just one issue didnt make a blind bity of difference and a 60 mile round trip to two different dealers never resolved it ! and that was just one out of many issue's.
Tigger is right than many other manufcatures arent without their problems although for me changing 4 cars every 3 years and also having company cars as well I have never had a car thats been so unreliable !
The eD4 when I first drove it you wouldnt know it was 2WD, untill I noticed the AWD program control missing from the centre consul, and then if you pull away smart there is a scrable with the front wheels.
Economy is very good 38+ just running about and drives great with loads of low down grunt. I'm not sure that I would want one as it would be embarrasing if it snows, if your ok with that then its great. Will it sell on ok or would people be looking for 4WD. Remember the 4WD FR2 comes into its own when it snows and leaves even the big BMW 4WD's behind

Post #109394 6th Aug 2011 9:30 am
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
Scott123 wrote:
owners of the 2wd variety...

Scott

There is a really big hole underneath where all the crucial bits are missing though.

Post #109397 6th Aug 2011 10:10 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Mona Geeza wrote:

There is a really big hole underneath where all the crucial bits are missing though.

same as a vaners skull then Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #109405 6th Aug 2011 11:09 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>