« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Depreciation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

"Also police buy white cos it's cheap!"

My force has been buying silver coloured Hi spec vehicles such as Landrover Discovery, SAAB, BMW, Merc, Audi for a number of years because its easier to gid rid of them when they are to be replaced, nobody wants white cars!

Very Happy Very Happy

Post #102848 21st May 2011 6:54 pm
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

flycop2000 wrote:
"Also police buy white cos it's cheap!"

My force has been buying silver coloured Hi spec vehicles such as Landrover Discovery, SAAB, BMW, Merc, Audi for a number of years because its easier to gid rid of them when they are to be replaced, nobody wants white cars!

Very Happy Very Happy

Thumbs Up

Post #102849 21st May 2011 6:57 pm
dunroof

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #102857 21st May 2011 9:22 pm
Junior

England 

Today, I was behind a 10reg liveried White Volvo estate-strangely it didn't have DTRLs?

Post #102863 21st May 2011 11:11 pm
Bananaman

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Fuji White

I sense a lot of 'white' hostility on here. I have the XS in Fuji white / privacy glass / rear spoiler / full leather. I had ordered the stornaway grey but changed my mind because my last 3 vehicles had been grey. The £600 metallic paint saving paid for the full leather, factory privacy glass and almost for the spoiler......

When I went to pick it up, it had been placed in the showroom with 3 other brand new FL2's, a blue one, a black one and a stornaway grey one. My first initial impression was "F*** me that looks good in white" and whilst the others looked nice all polished up under the lights, my car just looked better.

Now, having said all that, we will all be bent over when it comes to trade in or sell it on etc and I really don't think that the colour will make all that much difference. What will make a difference is if Land Rover can sort there reliability issues out so that Joe Public has more faith in there vehicles. Every person that has seen mine and commented has said that "it looks great but what about all the problems" I tell them "that was on the older models, the new ones are much better." that might be true of a lot of them but not mine unfortunately as mine is about to be returned to the dealer for non start problems.

Anyway, I lost the thread a little bit there, the upshot is that the white ones are the best colour and if you put them side by side with anything else it's clear to see Whistle

Post #102982 23rd May 2011 8:34 am
dunroof

Hey, if it suits you, then thats all that matters. It's not so much white hosility as a good old leg pull which some people on this forum rise to, so hence it gets chucked in now and again. If they didn't react, then they would find no one would mention it - perhaps! Laughing That said, same with CG and Vanners, but there again, maybe not.

Post #102993 23rd May 2011 10:32 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

lets face it LR doesnt exactly have a sparkling array of colours in the first place,hence most of us settle for black grey or white. even the blue is nearly black

in my time I've had most car colours except green and white,
The worst being a very dark blue on a vauxhall, impossible to see dirt on it once wet so always dried with lots of missed bits, but looked great when finished properly usually after returning about 3 times to redo the missed bits Rolling Eyes
The black mini was very difficult to clean due to all the angle on the body making it hard to see the dirt atleast the fl2 is slab sided so easy to wash, even if the rear side windows do leak water streaks down the flanks for about an hour after .

easiest wheel to wash ever?? simples iffy alloys no pokey corners or fiddly spokes At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #102994 23rd May 2011 10:34 am
ad210358

England 

So you have taken all the stick about Iffys just because they are easier to clean Confused

Post #102997 23rd May 2011 10:43 am
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

MAY BE HE JUST WANTS TO DO A BIT OF TAXI-ING AT WEEKEND SHOULD BE ABLE TO PASS OFF AS A CAB ON A SATURDAY NIGHT Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter rainy-city
xs

Post #103000 23rd May 2011 11:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
charliefoxtrot999

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

Guess if you have white you can always do weddings on a Saturday Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2010 HSE Galway Green auto GONE

Post #103019 23rd May 2011 7:28 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

charliefoxtrot999 wrote:
Guess if you have white you can always do weddings on a Saturday Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

or funerals on weekdays if you have black Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #103055 24th May 2011 8:27 am
athelstan

Should you have a white FL2 you can do BOTH weddings and funerals - you just have to position your vehicle in the right country. And no I'm not going to tell you where - do your own educational research into where funerals are white occasions Mr. Green

Post #103073 24th May 2011 11:01 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

athelstan wrote:
Should you have a white FL2 you can do BOTH weddings and funerals - you just have to position your vehicle in the right country. And no I'm not going to tell you where - do your own educational research into where weddings are black occasions Mr. Green

Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #103079 24th May 2011 12:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234