Home > General > New Freelander delayed yet again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

Half the posts here are about npink's walls cracking anyway... Mr. Green

Post #111136 25th Aug 2011 3:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
snowy22255

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

George C and others in the same position

I experienced the same situation last year, car ordered in May delivery promised for July then delayed several more times until eventually delivered on 1st September having arrived in the dealers on 31 August and still with PDI to be done and towbar etc to be fitted. Exclamation

The Jaguar I was trading in was due a service and MOT in the July and as I was obviously unhappy about incurring that extra cost, the dealer me the option of a loan car until mine arrived or picking up the cost of MOT etc. As the trade in price was guaranteed I took option 2 so I then had a serviced and MOT'd car in the event I did decide to cancel the order. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The dealer by way of compensation for the delay also agreed to cover the cost of the supply and fit of the Landrover iPOD module, however as has been covered elsewhere on this forum that option was later withdrawn with the promised replacement never coming to fruition thus letting the dealer of the hook, however it was the thought that counts and since then I have been given a really excellent service the couple of times I have had to take the car in. Smile Smile

Post #111137 25th Aug 2011 3:35 pm
GeorgeG

United Kingdom 

Latest update. Decided to get dealer to source another SD4. Not many around at dealers, but now gone for Buckingham Blue/Almond rather than Orkney/Ebony. Due week after next, fingers crossed. Saw the Buckingham Blue/Almond 'in the flesh' and wife thought it was stunning. Probably difficult to keep clean as almost black, but it isn't black, fortunately! Certainly very classy colour combo. Will post pics when it arrives.

Post #111207 26th Aug 2011 11:44 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i like Buck Blue, now with almond that does sound very nice Cool Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #111208 26th Aug 2011 11:48 am
Pedro

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

Awesome colour combination and EXACTLY what I would go for if I was buying a new SD4 Thumbs Up

Post #111209 26th Aug 2011 11:59 am
Triple7

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I guess you'll never find out the real story why it's delayed. At least you'll soon be in one. Maybe a blessing if you prefer the colour combo. 2010MY Freelander 2 HSE Auto
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #111215 26th Aug 2011 1:01 pm
GeorgeG

United Kingdom 

Ironically Triple, while the dealer was trying to source an alternative they noticed that the car I had ordered was showing as being in production. I decided to continue with the alternative FL2 as I thought it safer to go for a car that actually existed rather than one that might exist at some point in the future. I found my mind being concentrated by an annual service being due now and the MOT only 2 weeks away. Also, we decided we prefered the new colour combination - a change from the last 8 or 9 cars being silver/black (Orkney/Ebony not being much different from this, especially as Orkney is quite a lot lighter than Stornoway).

Incidentally, Orkney Grey is actually very nice - I've seen 3 FL2's in it now - and I prefer it to Stornaway.

Post #111219 26th Aug 2011 1:26 pm
apc67

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

George - I am glad you have said that about Orkney Grey as I collect my SD4 HSE next weekend. I originlly ordered in Stornaway but changed to Orkney when Stornaway was no longer available. I took a bit of a punt as I have never seen the FL2 in this colour nor can I find any pics of it.

Hopefully I will be pleased with it!

Post #111225 26th Aug 2011 2:04 pm
Hicksy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

I too have seen 2 Orkney grey fl2 on a transporter looks really nice, if I was to order one now that would be my choice, hopefully my new one in fuji White will be here in 2 or 3 weeks

Post #111255 26th Aug 2011 9:26 pm
1STFREELANDER

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

it's not only land rovers, I read in what car of someone who ordered a VW Toureg, almost a year later he was still waiting, apparently this was due to VW changing their computer systems and the fact he wanted it with a towbar fitted. I understand they did supply him with a courtesy car after a while. I suppose if you are willing to wait it could work out quite well, free motoring in the courtesy car and a later reg car with better re-sale value when it comes to trade in.

Post #111755 1st Sep 2011 8:52 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12