« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Moving on
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

Thanks Ian. Thumbs Up

I've signed up the a generic EV forum, but have spent about a year looking thoroughly at the pitfalls and benefits of various EVs, and have settled on the Ioniq 5.

To be fair, there has been an ongoing issue with the Integrated Charge Control Unit (ICCU), on Hyundai, Kia EVs for many years, which is now also effecting the newer E-GMP platform vehicles (Ioniq 5,
EV6 and Genesis GV60), which it seems Hyundai/ Kia have been sticking their heads in the sand about.
However it seems that they're finally doing something more serious than a software tweak, so this issue should now be resolved in the vehicles that have had the hardware update. Apparently our own Ioniq 5 has been delayed (by 5 weeks), as it was having the necessary upgrades done before it left Hyundai.

It is now at the dealer having its PDI, so we can collect on Thursday morning. I guess time will tell if the upgrades carried out will actually work.

I plan to fit my BM2 battery monitor to see when the 12V battery gets charged, as this has been the issue, where the ICCU on some vehicles doesn't charge the 12V battery often enough, so it can go flat at random intervals, causing distress to owners of the effected vehicles. Apparently it can be something to do with the way some energy tariff providers poll the vehicle remotely far to often, which causes the systems to boot up unnecessarily many times, flattening the 12V battery.
My charger will take control of the vehicle charging duties, so the energy provider won't poll ours at all, so it may well be the issue would never occur for us anyway, but I guess having the new hardware fitted is definitely the way forward.

Yes I'll definitely be sticking about. I like the Freelander 2, and like this forum, as everyone is so helpful and polite, unlike others that I won't mention. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ultimate. The replacement for the SE.
2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Almost sold.
2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE. Gone.

Post #441856 23rd May 2024 7:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12