« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > terrain response buttons
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
muddywheels

England 

dorsetfreelander wrote:
That's what my son does. Spends his life on farm tracks and motorways. Virtually every agronomist he knows has a FL2 but they are all debating what to get next as the DS doesn't fit the bill. But that's another story.

Yes - ground clearance is main problem with DS according to my friend Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #268429 1st Jul 2015 10:27 am
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

RogB wrote:
supposed to be just as capable off road as the ones with TR (unless you do more serious off road stuff)

The S has exactly the same hardware as the TR-equipped versions, all it lacks are the special program modes in the software. It's effectively driving around in 'normal' mode all the time, so you still get control of wheelspin (just not as tightly as the special programs), 4wd at lower speeds, etc. The main drawback of normal mode off road would seem to be the fact that if you turn the wheels away from the straight ahead you end up in 2wd, which could make manoeuvres such as climbing up out of ruts tricky. Other than that, though, it is as you say pretty much as capable as the TR models.

Post #268431 1st Jul 2015 10:40 am
rover1

United Kingdom 

I feel better about the car now that you guys have supplied more info.
Im still wondering if im meant to have a spare wheel, i have some puncture repair kit where the spare should be but it looks like the space is shaped for a wheel and it has a threaded stud and screw cap for retaining a wheel.

Post #268494 1st Jul 2015 10:22 pm
muddywheels

England 

Spare wheel was optional extra - it came with emergency repair kit Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #268495 1st Jul 2015 10:24 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

On the funny side.
Customer brought his 18 month old XS into local garage complaining of excess fuel consumption. Had been at a Main dealer "computer says nothing wrong".
We checked binding brakes etc and driving an FL2 GS myself took it a run, Ran very smoothly until I notice rev counter and dash displaying GGS. I was cruising at nearly 3000rpm.
Customer, an elderly gentleman, said "thanks but can you not just keep that thing switched of all the time whats it for anyway" All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #268516 2nd Jul 2015 10:49 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

don't you know what 'spec' FL2 you bought? Surely you must or the dealer could have sold it at HSE prices Laughing

The non TR S version is the same 4x4 just without the special programs that 99% never need to bother with Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #268517 2nd Jul 2015 10:58 am
rover1

United Kingdom 

No, i did not know what spec it was. It was sold to me as a TD4.e. Which is what it says on the rear hatch.
I knew it was a pretty basic model with added sat nav and privacy glass.
I'm happy enough with it though.

Post #268561 2nd Jul 2015 8:03 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

If you don't have the terrain response dial, steering wheel controls for cruise and sound system, or front fog lights then your FL2 is based on the 'S' spec model, with bits added.

Its similar to the black and white editions that were produced in later years. They used 'S' spec Freelanders, and gave them rear window tints and called them black edition (black paintwork) or white edition (white paintwork) and then you charged you extra for a limited edition model Laughing

Post #268601 3rd Jul 2015 8:41 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12