Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 38 of 338 <123 ... 373839 ... 336337338>
Print this entire topic · 
Frobius

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

chicken george wrote:

Next Monday Rolling Eyes

Yup.. Very Happy

Going to go and pay the final deposit today! Will take a few pics if it's still there. Might be off getting the SupaGard done tho.

Post #25267 6th Aug 2008 12:17 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
AndyC wrote:
Frobius wrote:
Will get them up as soon as I get the car! Very Happy Laughing

Its gone Monday already and no photos Shocked
We are all realy looking forward to see what a Martinique Blue looks like in the flesh Thumbs Up
Will it be smarter than Viking's Caspian Blue? - hurry up with those snaps Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Next Monday Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
that was a joke Rolling Eyes not a dumb remark Yawn 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #25269 6th Aug 2008 12:31 pm
Frobius

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

Well I went down to day and took some pics.. still hasn't been PDI'd or had the supaGard but I am still assured it will be ready to drive away on Monday (coming!). anyways, enjoy.. I wonder if I could barter to get the rocks thrown in for free?!

And finally the XS Style pack Alcantara seats. The pic don't do them justice!

Will get some better interior pics once I pick it up. Very Happy

Post #25273 6th Aug 2008 1:32 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

obviousley something that would be picked up in the PDI

but it looks to have the lock cover on the passenger door missing. Thumbs Up

It does look nice in the photos, though when i saw Mart Blue in the flesh it was a little bright for my taste.

I would like a better piccy of the seats though they do look nice Cool Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #25274 6th Aug 2008 1:46 pm
AndyC

Nice photos Frobius Thumbs Up smart colour Very Happy although I am a grey person myself Laughing
However It is very difficult to see any difference between Martinique (top) and Caspian (bottom) Blue - or maybe it is just the light Question

2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #25278 6th Aug 2008 2:28 pm
youngie

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Yay dealer just phoned, i can pick mine up on friday now 1st thing!!!!!

which is a good job as i didnt get to sleep last night till about 3ish - ma heads spinning since i paid the deposit Very Happy i dont do waiting Very Happy

then i can hopefully beat the friday traffic back upt norf.

Look out Sidcup a Norvern Monkees heading your way Laughing

cheers

youngie

Post #25279 6th Aug 2008 2:34 pm
MustRib

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue
Hello to all on here...

Had my Freelander two weeks now.
Loving it...just taken it away with us on holiday...
Have most of the sand from Devon's beaches in the car now thanks to the kids Evil or Very Mad
and a few light scratches from the narrow Devon lanes Big Cry

my only quibble is that I find the driving seat a little short in length.

Keep up the posts, this forum already answered a few questions I had about the vehicle.

Thumbs Up 2008 XS, Baltic Blue, Privacy Glass, Full Leather,
Roof Rails, 18" Alloys

Post #25519 12th Aug 2008 3:18 pm
AndyC

Re: Hello to all on here...

MustRib wrote:
Had my Freelander two weeks now.
Loving it...just taken it away with us on holiday...
Have most of the sand from Devon's beaches in the car now thanks to the kids Evil or Very Mad
and a few light scratches from the narrow Devon lanes Big Cry

my only quibble is that I find the driving seat a little short in length.

Keep up the posts, this forum already answered a few questions I had about the vehicle.

Thumbs Up

I am sure you will get used to it Thumbs Up My last drive was a BMW with sports seats that could be adjusted to be long, so I also naturally thought the FL2's were a bit short at first - now I think they are just fine Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #25550 12th Aug 2008 8:13 pm
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

Judging from the photoes, I think it looks very similar to my Caspian Blue. I would have thought it was photoes of Caspian Blue if I were not made aware of it was not.

But I think I prefer Caspian Blue, as it is a much more exiting color, having the ability to give different impressions in different light. Espescially in the sun it is beautiful. I have tried to take photoes of it, but so far with no success. It just comes out blue in the photoes. Has to be seen in real life.

Not many Caspian Blue's around, is there? It is a very exclusive color. Cool 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #25902 20th Aug 2008 2:06 pm
MarkW

Hello everybody!

Just joined - great to find a FL2 specific forum.

I'm looking at shortly changing cars, and for some reason I cant quite quantify, I am really keen on the FL2.

I'm about to change jobs, and going from doing 12k pa to probably only 5-6k pa, as instead of driving to work and back, I will just be driving to the train station and back - 8 miles per day. The car will otherwise be used for the odd business trip, pleasure, evenings, weekends and holidays.

I currently drive a Nissan 350Z which I have had for over two years and love, so potentially going from one extreme to the other, but I also have a bad back and dont find the Z very good for this. I'm hoping the FL2 is much better, and one of my requirements for any replacement car is heated seats which help.

I love the looks of the FL2 inside and out, and the spec level of the HSE model. It would be good to have a car again that can carry bikes and luggage for touring round the UK. A concern is whether I can adjust to the performance and handling after my current car, but I think that a long as it is adequate then 90% of the time it wont bother me. I have seen you can get bluefin to boost performance as well. My previous car was an A4 2.5 TDi Quattro Estate remapped to 210bhp which was no slouch but dull to drive. My only ther concern is how comfortable it will be as mentioned above.

I am planning on a test drive soon, as I also dont know what to do re manual/automatic. I'm not a fan of auto's generally but in this case it might be the better option.

My current choice would be a 1 year old HSE TD4, with Xenons, in Black, Grey or maybe Silver. Bit disappointed the xenons are optional as it restricts the choice a lot.

A bit of a long first post, thanks for listening. Comments/advice welcome.

Mark

Post #25906 20th Aug 2008 3:51 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Welcome MarkW

Good to hear you are looking at the FL2, Good Choice Thumbs Up

Coming to 4x4 from having sporty hot hatches IMO you will soon get use to a 4x4 it just a different style of driving you need to adjust to, though I obviously haven't managed that yet with mpg at 28mpg Embarassed

I do like the manual gearbox, but will most likey get a auto for the touring of the UK like yourself, though i tow my caravan.

Have a chat with the site sponsers on the remapping of the car, you save yourself some money, but it could be costly as it will invalidate the LR warranty too Mad

Feel free to ask away on anything else Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #25910 20th Aug 2008 4:35 pm
Rowy

Hi Guys, Can't beleive I only just discovered the site! had my td4 GS since oct 07, superchipped to 190hp 484nms 20k on the clock 2 oil changes not had a single problem, and i drive her hard!
pimping my ride over this bank holiday-putting a sport body kit on, 19in shadow chromes, smoke side repeaters-got some supercharged black centre caps for the wheels inc steering but can't seem to find tail and grille badges to fit. or for the rear posts can any one help?

Post #25985 22nd Aug 2008 1:56 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Hi Rowy

Sounds like you have a nice FL2, with the chipped engine and some to be added bodykit

The badges will most likely be RRS S/C badges and therefore the front and rear ones will be smaller, I not heard of any black larger ones yet, or the smaller side ones, and thats the reason i haven't fitted my set yet as i don't want a mixure of colours Confused

Now onto the chip, what sort of MPG to you get Question , as it sounds like you drive like me Very Happy

O don't forget to have some before and after pictures Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #25989 22nd Aug 2008 8:28 am
Rowy

Hi Npinks,

Regarding the MPH I've never really clocked it but i think i get about 380 out of a tank-mostly motorway miles, she's fast though for a 4x4. Just tried the sand setting trick- and I like it!

Just took some before photo's, She's only been washed twice since i got her, so the 17in wheels are ruined-bad dust stains, got the buying bits bug-bought a new set of 17's 2 weeks ago, then some lamp guards-which i sold on ebay as didin't fancy the drilling! then a body kit, then a set of 19's, then the smoke repeaters-hope i don't get addicted!! definately no chrome!!!!! I do quite fancy the privacy glass though. gonna take more care of her appearence once she's been kitted up and wash her weekly.

Rowy

Post #26007 22nd Aug 2008 1:32 pm
Oceanic

Australia 

Hey there! I was scanning the internet looking for the new 2009 FL2 specs and found this site Smile Currently I own a Beema (long story) but have been a FL fan for many years now. In the past I have owned:

'98 XEdi...

Click image to enlarge

'02 V6 SE 3dr...

'04 SE Td4 3dr...
Click image to enlarge

(yes, my '02 did make it onto the beach - just no great pics!)

Would have loved to get into an LR2 early last year but they were not released here in Oz at that time... now looking at making that move. I have also been on www.muddyoval.com (the old Freelanderliving.com) site for as long as I can remember - mainly US based, but great bunch of guys with plenty of know-how both tech and off-road.

Have a great day!

Andrew. ______________________________

own: '06 BMW 130i Msport (manual)
owned: '04 FL Td4 3dr
owned: '02 FL V6 3dr
owned: '98 FL Xedi

The road less travelled you will find me on.

Post #26060 24th Aug 2008 3:50 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 38 of 338 <123 ... 373839 ... 336337338>