Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 101 of 339 <123 ... 100101102 ... 337338339>
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Welcome Bob. I have clocked up one year today on this fab site and you will find it very useful. I have arranged a local meet to do a few off road tracks in Derbyshire on the 31st of July. I see you are from Notts. Check out the post in the events section as you are welcome to join us.

Seriously capable off road. You won't believe how ace it is in the rough stuff and it laughs at snow. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #107377 9th Jul 2011 11:58 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The Doctor wrote:
as you are welcome to join us.

Thanks for the invite Doc. Looks interesting but maybe not for me - yet! Have a good one! 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #107385 10th Jul 2011 3:16 pm
Ghyllie

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Hi All, i Have a Navara my self Wink but the boss (wife) has just got FL2, santorini black XS auto, been reading alot on this forum before I bought it and learned alot and hope to learn more from this excellent site.

Ghyllie

Post #108115 19th Jul 2011 4:01 pm
apc67

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
My First Venture into the Freelander World

Hello All,

I am currently stuck overseas in Afghanistan however when I return I collect my first ever Landrover - a Freelander SD4 HSE Auto in Orkney Grey. I have to say i'm aprehensive but very much looking forward to it, I just hope the reliability and build quality is good, I have been spoilt by all things German thus far.

This is a good forum though, I have already picked up a few tips and as soon as I pick my car up I will post my first impressions.

Cheers Wink

Post #108119 19th Jul 2011 5:12 pm
MihaiB

Romania 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Hi there!

I'm Mihai, from Romania, proud owner of a FL2, the SD4 engine.

Great site, looking forward to learning more about the Freelander and various insights.

Thanks!
M.

Post #108285 21st Jul 2011 1:48 pm
2herring

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Havana
New FL2

Just taken delivery of my new FL2 - SD4 HSE in Sumatra Black and Almond interior. Just added privacy glass and FS spare. Managed to resist adding 19" and xenons. Flirted with buying an Evoque but so far delighted with it although first fill up at £87.00 made me wince after coming from a diesel A3 which maxed out at £72.00. Only done 200 miles so far since Saturday but the old car has now gone back to Lex so 100% FL2 from here on for the daily 60 mile commute so we will see how the fuel economy improves once it loosens up.

Super fast delivery - first week of June to 23 July so big thanks to Steve at Caffyns Lewes.[/b]

Post #108675 27th Jul 2011 9:45 pm
Blue Moon

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Mauritius Blue
Was a new FL2 17 months ago.......

Hi All,

Only just found the site so I thought I'd introduce myself and my (the wifes) FL2. I bought it new in Jan 2010, an FL2 Td4-e White. I've added some goodies to it namely light guards, roof rails, side bump strips and actually drove it on Sunday, the 1st time in months. Its now got 9500 miles on it and drives just as well as it did when I picked up back in jan last year. The wife still can't get her head around the stop / start facility when she gets to the traffic lights Laughing

This is my 1st Land Rover product after owning many different VW's for years and so far I've no complaints.

A great site and I'll keep looking to learn more about the FL products

Thanks

Max.....

Post #109064 2nd Aug 2011 11:05 am
dottysue

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi everyone, Very Happy

Only just found this site but thought I should participate because I'm bound to be looking for assistance at some point. Took delivery of my (2007) FL2 HSE yesterday. I'm really pleased so far although it does seem somewhat larger than my old FL1, particularly as I have been using my mother's little Nissan Micra for the past month or so. I'm already confused in relation to dog guards and load space mats. There seem to be so many different types. I'm hoping to find second hand items if possible as I overspent on my car budget! Big Cry

Post #109396 6th Aug 2011 9:54 am
Dungenessbloke

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Time to de-lurk as I have now ordered a TD4 HSE in Sumatra Black, Almond interior, privacy tints, Xenons and a few other goodies. Having spent 40 yrs in the Forces driving every Land Rover variant I thought it was time to give my spine a rest and have some luxury for a change!

Learnt a lot here whilst lurking and some very useful info. Thanks for a great resource. Andy

Post #109462 6th Aug 2011 10:01 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver
Hello - New Member

Hi after nearly 16 years of Defender 90s' we have taken the Freelander plunge ! It wasn't a plan but due to the thieving ******* who stole my wife's Defender County 90 3 weeks ago ( 1998 owned from new ) and then came back for the 57 plate Defender on our neighbours property ( started parting it out on the drive when they couldn't get the security gates open !), we thought moving away from the most steal-able truck in the world was a good idea especialy as the first one we owned was nicked as well. we had all the security in the world on the car and garage but stopping professional thieves is nigh on impossible

We are picking up a 2009 plate GS auto next week, my wife only does 2000 miles a year, but we absolutely need a 4x4 , in this part of Halifax they are a fact of life if you want to move in winter. I must say that i was favourably impressed with the test drive and i think the only thing it will need to keep us moving this winter will be a serious set of tyres.

anyway , hello, and i will be a frequent visitor to the site to " fast -track" myself on Freelander facts and tips.

Regards Mart,

Post #109726 9th Aug 2011 7:31 pm
Garyvuk

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver
Hello

Hi, just joined as i have a question to ask and will probably have plenty more in the future

Gary

Post #109957 11th Aug 2011 1:19 pm
widget

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Hello - just traded the D3 for a FL2. Got a slightly odd fish, a highly specced 57 SE masquerading as an HSE with full leather, 18" wheels, 6CD and swivelly Xenons.

I’ve been a Land Rover nut since school days when we were ferried around at in a draughty and worn out ex military Series 3 110. My first Land Rover was a Series 3 2.25 diesel Station Wagon, which was daily transport, green laner and occasional overnight accommodation when climbing in Wales.

Since the late 80's I’ve had a mixed bunch; a Range Rover 2dr, Ninety V8 CSW, 50th Anniversary Defender and a 1951 Series 1 80". Then last year I emptied my bank account in return for a 3 yr old Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE. The idea was to have a Land Rover as a daily drive again, to go laning on the less scratchy ones and to go and travel to and through places further afield in it. But alas the running costs and mpg just didn't work out doing 30,000 miles a year.

I'm delighted with the FL2 so far, in the first 200 miles I've got 36 mpg, so if this settles around 34 I'll be happy:-) Beats the 26mpg of the D3.

http://www.youtube.com/user/widget3 JB

Post #110508 18th Aug 2011 6:40 pm
swanny72

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

Hi ya, had my 2007 Freelander 2 SE since January, loving the car, been reading some of the threads and infor on the site and found it to be very usefull so thought it was about time I became a member.

Post #110673 20th Aug 2011 11:38 am
gusmagoo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Afternoon all!

Drove my recently purchased 57 plate HSE auto back home yesterday following a 6 year gap since having a FL1.

Very happy to be back in a 4 wheel drive.

Great forum... 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )
My Aviation website - UKHelicopterPilot.com Cool

Post #110723 21st Aug 2011 11:21 am
Wordlife

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Greetings from West Sussex.

Freel2 is an excellent find from Google to a query concerning failure of the parking sensors. Mine on a 2009 Freelander HSE (October 2009) were giving a continuous beep once engaging reverse gear and the front sensors were not working at all.

Taking on board advice on a technical thread here I decided to clean all sensors using ear buds moistened with methylated spirit.

Problem cured - so the continuous beep was an excellent safety warning that all sensors were not working correctly.

Thanks - you have avoided a red face at our local dealer.

BTW it is probably faster to do an internet search than RTFM!!!!!

Post #110783 22nd Aug 2011 9:14 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 101 of 339 <123 ... 100101102 ... 337338339>