Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > ADVICE NEEDED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
MG

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

My 57 XS manual is just about to go in for its 60 000 mile service. I've had the heated windscreen replaced under warranty as some elements weren't perfect. I've also had the common problem of leather seat cracking, which was also replaced after a bit of cajoling. Apart from that, it's as good as new and I hope to continue to enjoy it for a good few years yet.

I certainly don't regret buying in the slightest.

Post #145191 8th Jun 2012 5:32 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

"Oldgeezer's FL2 was a lemon from Day 1 and unfortunately lemons exist amongst all manufacturers"

Yeah I can accept that Shilen,
what i Dont accept it countless trips of "no fault found sir " a car that wont start and it was suggested " well leave a charger on the battery " air-con that couldn't be diagnosed when I had already told them it was the fans not running !, a hesitation that was so bad it could of killed us only to be told " we have done a down load to fix it " Censored I lost count how many it had downloads with a promise that this time its fixed ! wiper motor and rack that buckled in the snow whilst 18 months old, with a wiper fault that where couldn't stop the wipers going off the moment you hit the start button !! ! fault never found until 3 years old ! but L/R customer service insisted bent wipers were my fault so asked to pay £400 quid to replace as snow was an act of god. A tow bar that banged so badly from day 1 when towing it sounded like it would fall off ! only to be told no fault found ! 3 years later discovered a technical bulletin of a design fault !

Dont forget this is just a fraction of the story and would like to know how someone else would of reacted ! I should of driven it through a l/r showroom window !

If I had of received attentive service and better support from customer service or a sensible offer for a replacement I may of bought another one but a 2k offer of goodwill towards a new one was an insult, so in my books L/R not worth dealing with !

Post #145194 8th Jun 2012 5:54 pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 

Mav71 wrote:
5 years of owning mine, and part from a clutch and the power steering resovior being replaced (£34), it has been perfect.

The residual values are holding up extremely well for the HSE model. Many lower spec models have been px'd for Evoques, but LR dealers Inhave spoken to are crying out for HSE models as this spec is pretty much the same as mid range Evoques.

So people going in to buy Evoques and found them a little impractical are opting for HSE FL2's.

The dealer I use, told me that Freelander 2 represent just 8% of there warranty work for the dealer. That shows that on the whole, the Freelander 2 is a very good car.

Seems to be loads of lower spec cars but not many HSEs about in my part of the world, which bears this out. The FL2 in this spec has loads of kit on it and is more practical than an Evoque (you can't fit a shotgun case in the boot of an Evoque.....) I actually ordered an Evoque when it was still called the LRX. Was invited to a preview (anyone who put cash down early was) and as soon as I saw it in the metal I knew it wasn't for me. I did a deal on a top spec HSE instead and barring a DPF sensor issue, fixed in 48 hours and no trouble since. I do miss the TDV6 of my old RRS, but the FL2 in HSE is a pretty good second.

Post #145277 9th Jun 2012 5:08 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Andy S wrote:
(you can't fit a shotgun case in the boot of an Evoque.....)

Shocked Won't see many in this part of South London then!

Post #145325 10th Jun 2012 12:15 pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 

Just the thing for the Sarf Landan geezers then; blinged car with plenty of places to hide the Uzi............

Post #145334 10th Jun 2012 2:53 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Now an Uzi, that's class that is. Those bro's generally use an RRS an' that, innit?.

Post #145338 10th Jun 2012 3:25 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123